What's new

Security Cameras advice

mrfixit

Reaction score
Are your cameras set at highest resolution.(900tvl?)

You also ordered a lorex system right. You'll be able to compare the qsee to lorex, directly, for us.

I also have the same split available which is really nice viewing. And I can click and drag different cameras to the large view if needed.

soapy

Reaction score
It is set on highest resolution. Picture is from my cell phone so it looses some clarity. I do have A Lorex system with some variable focus cameras coming for another location.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We must have overwhelmed Lorex. I ordered my system on November 30th and it has yet to ship?

mrfixit

Reaction score
I will say I was worried on my order.. I took free ship option.. Was getting close to the expected delivery date, no notices, But then it came through, ended up receiving it before the expected date like overnight after I got ship notice.. What was your delivery estimate? They did say there may be delays with BF sale thier biggest of the year.. Maybe you gott a wait a little bit to save this much..

They have 2 warehouses California and Indiana.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
I will say I was worried on my order.. I took free ship option.. Was getting close to the expected delivery date, no notices, But then it came through, ended up receiving it before the expected date like overnight after I got ship notice.. What was your delivery estimate? They did say there may be delays with BF sale thier biggest of the year.. Maybe you gott a wait a little bit to save this much..

They have 2 warehouses California and Indiana.
I emailed them with my order number to see what the deal was but I haven't gotten a response on that either. There has never been an estimated delivery date. On my order confirmation it says it is in-stock and it still says it is in-stock. I'm sure it will go out soon. You get spoiled ordering things off of Amazon and getting them the next day.

mrfixit

Reaction score
If you log into account the status should show warehouse or processing. Mine did until it shipped

Notice they run very secure on credit cards! If the credit card address doesn't match the shipping address they will not charge till they verify with you manually. If there was a mismatch there, I would call them to verify.

When i was getting close to expexted date... I was hoping for this... If your lucky I figure..

"Products that are discontinued, sold out, or out of stock (more than 15 days), will be upgraded to next equivalent model (This will be a free upgrade)"

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Call it coincidental. I never got a response back to my customer service email, instead I got an email saying it was shipped with a tracking number. My guess is I'll have it tomorrow!

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I got one of my systems yesterday. The other is scheduled for delivery today.

I didn't notice when I ordered them that each camera has it's own individual power supply and needs a 110V outlet. That's 16 110V outlets that I need just for the cameras. I think I'm going to get a single larger capacity power supply and splitter cables for a cleaner install. I looked on Lorax site, but couldn't find any.

mrfixit

Reaction score
That kinda sucks. Guess youll need to buy one for that...Mine mx1606 has standard 4 way power splitters so 4 plug ins for 16 cam. There are 8 way splitters but i dont think thier recommended for longer runs due to voltage drop. Not sure..

I think your other system will have the splitter.

Guess it's one of those things, I'm sure after the cost of the splitters its still a great deal.

Lorex -
.**A Multi-Camera Power Adapter that provides power to multiple cameras or individual power adapters may be provided, depending on product configuration

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
got mine yesterday! Haven't even looked to see if I need 6 different power supplies

MEP001

Reaction score
I found a regulated 16-amp supply with 16 individually fused outputs, then went to an electronics store and got 16 female pigtails with 3-foot leads to wire into the terminals and mounted the box near the DVR, then I only needed one 110v plug. Total cost was under $50.

WikiWash

Reaction score
The cameras run on 110V? That doesn't seem right to me. The only coaxial powered cameras I use have siamese cables ran to them; one is the coax and the other is your power supply which is 110V stepped down with a transformer to either 12V or 24V depending on your camera. I'm not saying you are wrong I just don't want you to have a serious problem. I would double check with your supplier.

mrfixit

Reaction score
The lorex cameras I have are 12v DC, +-10%. I was really surprised at the low amp draw they have with IR. Its only like 360ma. Or .36 amps max for my 720s. I expected them to use a little more power than that. So a 1.5 amp adapter could run 4 cameras... If the line length wasnt too long for the gauge of wire, or you'd have voltage drop, which is allowable up to 10%

Last edited:

mrfixit

Reaction score
I got one of my systems yesterday. The other is scheduled for delivery today.

I didn't notice when I ordered them that each camera has it's own individual power supply and needs a 110V outlet. That's 16 110V outlets that I need just for the cameras. I think I'm going to get a single larger capacity power supply and splitter cables for a cleaner install. I looked on Lorax site, but couldn't find any.
Long surge protector power strip with plugs sideways. Then you've got surge protection too. But I only have 4 to plug in. My cameras came with this adapter in each box of 4.

This is the kind of thing you don't want to buy from lorex, you can get much cheaper online or amazon. Just match the power requirements. They recomend 2 amps for 4 cameras. So if you get an 8way splitter make sure its at least 4 amps 12v DC (check specific camera spec)

Heres an 8 way - listed as being for lorex. $22

http://www.amazon.com/Acelevel-Premium-Adapter-splitter-Cameras/dp/B00AQNM0H2

Last edited:

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I found a regulated 16-amp supply with 16 individually fused outputs, then went to an electronics store and got 16 female pigtails with 3-foot leads to wire into the terminals and mounted the box near the DVR, then I only needed one 110v plug. Total cost was under $50.
I'm going to do the same, except cut the lead off of the 16 individual transformers for the pigtails. Something like This is what I'm looking at, although I think I can find it a little cheaper on Amazon.

The cameras run on 110V? That doesn't seem right to me. The only coaxial powered cameras I use have siamese cables ran to them; one is the coax and the other is your power supply which is 110V stepped down with a transformer to either 12V or 24V depending on your camera. I'm not saying you are wrong I just don't want you to have a serious problem. I would double check with your supplier.
No. The cams are 12VDC, but instead of one transformer that I could plug in to drive all 16 cams, I got 16 transformers that I need to plug in. One for each cam.

Last edited:

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Can anyone that has the Lorex MPX system tell me what format the cameras are? Are they HD-TVI? I was trying to use one on a HD-TVI DVR I have but the picture only comes up b/w and a little goofy. I haven't registered my Lorex yet so I can't email them directly and I can't find the info on their website. Thanks.

mrfixit

Reaction score
Lorex analog hd is what the specs say.. Probably not compatable with the other security dvr.

At the bottom of product page there is a download section, or features section, for the specs on yours.

soapy

Reaction score
I received my system yesterday but was shorted 6 cameras. No way they could have packed anymore in the box that it was shipped in. I have filed a claim with Lorex so I hope they ship out the rest of the cameras. The cameras they did ship were in a heavy metal housing and seemed top quality.

Etowah