What's new

KR- Excessive Shipping Charges

Etowah

washnvac

Reaction score
Wah, Wah, Wah... Come on guys---Kleen-Rite has multiple free shipping offers throughout the year, plus free shipping anytime when ordering full pallets. Manage and project your inventory needs better, put some stuff on the shelf and save money in the long run. I have not paid for shipping from KR in over 10 years. Throwing them under the bus is unnecessary, when it appears to be an operator lapse. Plus KR offers multiple other special deals that save us money.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Wah, Wah, Wah... Come on guys---Kleen-Rite has multiple free shipping offers throughout the year, plus free shipping anytime when ordering full pallets. Manage and project your inventory needs better, put some stuff on the shelf and save money in the long run. I have not paid for shipping from KR in over 10 years. Throwing them under the bus is unnecessary, when it appears to be an operator lapse. Plus KR offers multiple other special deals that save us money.
I agree with you completely and cant say much negative about kr. I order 5 30 gallon drums every 4 months and load that pallet up.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
So in your perfect world we would a spare of every possible part on the shelf? That's just not realistic.

Whether or not I have a spare part on my shelf is irrelevant to the discussion we are having here.

You have no problem with KR charging $38 to ship two small parts that would fit in the palm of your hand? Ground shipping no less.

Randy

Reaction score
I have to concur shipping a business expense, We've been for so long we pretty much know what we'll need for the next 6 months or so so we order the majority of our parts and supplies from KR when they have the free shipping offers. I have customers on the changer side of our business who will have me order changer parts next day UPS, last week I ordered a "T" handle lock assembly for a laudromat, it might have been 3lbs. shipping was $162.00 next day UPS, they were fine with that because they needed it.

sparkey

Reaction score
Buying a skid of parts only works if you actually buy your soap from Kleen-Rite. It sounds like people who are buying maintenance items or small parts are subsidizing people who are buying soap or large items. Maybe the solution would be to get rid of the free shipping on skids and just charge realistic shipping rates across the board.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Well, I went for car wash superstore "elite " club at the show last year and have been pretty satisfied. Having said that, Kleen rite is a good company IMO. They are very competitive on price and rarely make a mistake on a large order filled with many different small parts. They just made one on my most recent order and they couldn't have handled it any better. They shipped me a free return label and sent out the correct part with no shipping charges assessed.

We all are going to have to adapt to the rapid changes in shipping charges or be willing to pay a premium for the convenience of ordering just what we want, when we want. I was placing large orders to get free shipping with KR but now with CWSS I prefer ordering onsite at each wash with my IPad. I don't see how they can do that and stay price competitive with KR, but they have succeeded in changing my buying habits for now. If KR offered the same membership deal I'd probably get it.

Buying a skid of parts only works if you actually buy your soap from Kleen-Rite. It sounds like people who are buying maintenance items or small parts are subsidizing people who are buying soap or large items. Maybe the solution would be to get rid of the free shipping on skids and just charge realistic shipping rates across the board.
I agree, I don't usually buy liquids from Kleen Rite but you know they have to be getting that back somewhere else.

I'll say it again, a USPS priority mail option would be great for small parts.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Just to look at our KR evaluations from another angle & on a more current thread:

I just looked at the 2018 CWSS catalog available online that is divided into 16 pdfs. I do like the way I can open the pdfs up locally & do a "find" as long as I use Adobe Acrobat. I have software that can make all 16 pdfs into one pdf. I am pretty sure that would help the ability to do an extremely fast locally stored search. It seems like the ability to search within it might be better than some of the online "cloud" search engines ... not sure though. I am also not sure if there have been any pertinent changes since their 2018 catalog that shows online.

I will have to study the potential nonstock inconvenience from CWSS like Greg mentioned & how good KR continues to be on the timing of their free shipping offers. I tend to be appreciative of the personal attention that I have received from KR over the years. Not sure if that :) can be attributed to my (y)communication skills or not?!!

wash4me

Reaction score
I ordered some nozzles from clean Wright in about a week later I have not received them. When I called in they said all they were not in stock in the Kansas City warehouse. I asked why they didn’t ship them from somewhere else. They basically told me the order would just stay there and nothing would happen unless I had called in. I ordered some nozzles from clean right in about a week later I have not received them. When I called in they said all they were not in stock in the Kansas City warehouse. I asked why they didn’t ship them from somewhere else. They basically told me the order would just stay there and nothing would happen unless I had called in.

Randy

Reaction score
It’s just not KR who charge the $hit out of their customers for shipping. I got package the other day from one of my changer suppliers. The box weighted 7lbs. was 14” x 14” x 12” shipping was $53.18 UPS ground.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It’s just not KR who charge the $hit out of their customers for shipping. I got package the other day from one of my changer suppliers. The box weighted 7lbs. was 14” x 14” x 12” shipping was $53.18 UPS ground.
I have seen surprise "handling charges" ... one time the supplier actually allowed me to let them use my UPS account & person actually admitted that would eliminate the handling charge.

I never did pay attention to zones much ... but if it is sent to the farthest zone ... it might affect the total charge???

sparkey

Reaction score
You can also add IDX Corporation to people who rip you off for shipping. Sent a timer in for repair cost me $7.80 they charged almost $27 to ship it back.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Priority Mail for these smaller orders like timers would be a real benefit. Not only has it become a cheaper option in many cases, I can ship something to Randy who lives on the other side of the Country and he gets it in two days.

Randy

Reaction score
Even the Post Office is starting to creep up. I mailed out some Mars validators this morning by Priority mail, the Medium Flat rate box went up last Sunday to $15.05 and the large Flat rate box has gone up to $21.10. I still think that’s a good deal considering that in most of the time it’ll get there in 2 days.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Correction... received my invoice today and the shipping is $18.00 and change.
I am thinking some of you had been getting by without paying sales tax on "out of state" purchase until recently. Not that I begrudged others ... We were forced to pay the same amount of sales tax in the form of "used tax" from all out of state purchases including previous from KR since about the year 1997 ... frenzied tax dept auditor situation!

The point is that it may appear that the frt increased if you just look at the bottom bill instead of the breakdown on the invoices!