What's new

KR- Excessive Shipping Charges

OurTown

Reaction score
Look at the total price and compare to other retailers. Don't concern yourself with the cost breakdown.

slash007

Reaction score
Ridiculous shipping prices.

This morning I placed an order for 6 MEG spray tips. That's it. $19 for the tips.

How much can 6 tips weigh? 8oz maybe?

$23 for ground shipping! From Vegas to SoCal. Ridiculous!!!!
Others have called them and been told it was a mistake, wouldn't hurt to ask.

br549ms

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread however;

I was going to order some hoses from KR and the shipping charges were extreme. Had to break up in two orders to keep it from being special freight.

I made same order from another supplier, plus a few add-on items for 1/4 the shipping.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Check out Car Wash Superstore. I signed up for $99 per yr. and shipping is free.
The inventory is not as large but for me it is worth it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread however;

I was going to order some hoses from KR and the shipping charges were extreme. Had to break up in two orders to keep it from being special freight.

I made same order from another supplier, plus a few add-on items for 1/4 the shipping.
Kleen-Rite's website estimated freight charges aren't usually accurate, especially with a big order. Ask them to send large orders hundredweight; it will save you a lot. They will work with you.

wyatt

Reaction score
I've had this problem and called KR about it. They refunded me the multiple shipping charges and told me to always write in the notes "ship as one order from one location".

I'm trying the $100 free shipping deal with car wash superstore to get away from the crazy shipping charges. I have a hunch that KR overcharges for shipping to compensate for their lower retail prices.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have a hunch that KR overcharges for shipping to compensate for their lower retail prices.
They don't. I've checked. I get the same rates they do. Shipping is just getting expensive.

sparkey

Reaction score
I've had this problem and called KR about it. They refunded me the multiple shipping charges and told me to always write in the notes "ship as one order from one location".

I'm trying the $100 free shipping deal with car wash superstore to get away from the crazy shipping charges. I have a hunch that KR overcharges for shipping to compensate for their lower retail prices.
I have wrote ship as complete order and they send a partial order anyways. Then they always forget to ship the rest of the back ordered stuff. It seems you always have to call, and their response is always, Its here, I don't know why it didn't ship.

MEP001

Reaction score
They used to be really bad about that sort of thing, but they've gotten much better. I ordered a foam brush adaptor and it just never shipped, and I forgot all about it. About two months later I placed another order and the adaptor showed up with it, invoiced separately. They always (for me anyway) ship an order complete if I request so, and if something will delay the order they call me and ask what to do.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a little over $200 and these were my options to ship. I guess I'll just grab my little Red Wagon and walk to Kleen Rite in PA to pick up my items. LOL

sparkey

Reaction score
I placed an order about 3 weeks ago and told them to ship as a complete order only. Received partial order......again. Still waiting on the rest of the order. I will have to call them to get the rest shipped because they don't keep track of partial orders that still need shipped. This keeps happening over and over again.

Randy

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a little over $200 and these were my options to ship. I guess I'll just grab my little Red Wagon and walk to Kleen Rite in PA to pick up my items. LOL

View attachment 569
And what did you buy to have a shipping charge of $79.30? The price of the items has nothing to do with the cost of shipping. It goes by weight, volume and I'm sure they have a handling fee. I just got a box from one of my shippers, small box maybe 12" x 8" x 14", weight about 8 pounds, cost $43.68, $8.00 of the total was a handling fee.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I just wish KR had shipping down like Zoro.com does because damn near everything there ships free or over $50 spent ships free and in a very reasonable time frame.

MEP001

Reaction score
"Free shipping" is built into the cost of the items you order. Most of what Zoro sells I can get 20-30% cheaper with added freight still making the order less.

One of the reasons your estimated shipping is so high is that their system assumes that the Armor All, the box of towels, and the rest are going to make four or five boxes to ship. If you ask them to package everything together it will be significantly less. And again, Kleen-Rite doesn't upcharge freight any crazy amount, it's just gotten much more expensive to ship stuff via UPS over the last few years.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
"Free shipping" is built into the cost of the items you order. Most of what Zoro sells I can get 20-30% cheaper with added freight still making the order less.

One of the reasons your estimated shipping is so high is that their system assumes that the Armor All, the box of towels, and the rest are going to make four or five boxes to ship. If you ask them to package everything together it will be significantly less. And again, Kleen-Rite doesn't upcharge freight any crazy amount, it's just gotten much more expensive to ship stuff via UPS over the last few years.
Enjoy it while it lasts. Zoro is likely losing its arse ala Amazon to gain market share.

Sounds like KR needs competition.

OurTown

Reaction score
All it matters is what is the total cost to get the item in hand.

br549ms

Reaction score
Shipping is high, yes. But I think thee gripe is KR automated shipping calculator is so far out of wack. I just ordered hoses from a KR competitor whose hose price was almost the same, but automated shipping calculator fo KR was ~300.00. My shipping cost was 50.00 and I did not have to call anyone.

Etowah