What's new

KR- Excessive Shipping Charges

washnvac

Reaction score
Wah, Wah, Wah... Come on guys---Kleen-Rite has multiple free shipping offers throughout the year, plus free shipping anytime when ordering full pallets. Manage and project your inventory needs better, put some stuff on the shelf and save money in the long run. I have not paid for shipping from KR in over 10 years. Throwing them under the bus is unnecessary, when it appears to be an operator lapse. Plus KR offers multiple other special deals that save us money.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Wah, Wah, Wah... Come on guys---Kleen-Rite has multiple free shipping offers throughout the year, plus free shipping anytime when ordering full pallets. Manage and project your inventory needs better, put some stuff on the shelf and save money in the long run. I have not paid for shipping from KR in over 10 years. Throwing them under the bus is unnecessary, when it appears to be an operator lapse. Plus KR offers multiple other special deals that save us money.
I agree with you completely and cant say much negative about kr. I order 5 30 gallon drums every 4 months and load that pallet up.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
So in your perfect world we would a spare of every possible part on the shelf? That's just not realistic.

Whether or not I have a spare part on my shelf is irrelevant to the discussion we are having here.

You have no problem with KR charging $38 to ship two small parts that would fit in the palm of your hand? Ground shipping no less.

Randy

Reaction score
I have to concur shipping a business expense, We've been for so long we pretty much know what we'll need for the next 6 months or so so we order the majority of our parts and supplies from KR when they have the free shipping offers. I have customers on the changer side of our business who will have me order changer parts next day UPS, last week I ordered a "T" handle lock assembly for a laudromat, it might have been 3lbs. shipping was $162.00 next day UPS, they were fine with that because they needed it.

sparkey

Reaction score
Buying a skid of parts only works if you actually buy your soap from Kleen-Rite. It sounds like people who are buying maintenance items or small parts are subsidizing people who are buying soap or large items. Maybe the solution would be to get rid of the free shipping on skids and just charge realistic shipping rates across the board.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
. Maybe the solution would be to get rid of the free shipping on skids and just charge realistic shipping rates across the board.
Right after credit card users start paying more than cash customers who are subsidizing them.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Well, I went for car wash superstore "elite " club at the show last year and have been pretty satisfied. Having said that, Kleen rite is a good company IMO. They are very competitive on price and rarely make a mistake on a large order filled with many different small parts. They just made one on my most recent order and they couldn't have handled it any better. They shipped me a free return label and sent out the correct part with no shipping charges assessed.

We all are going to have to adapt to the rapid changes in shipping charges or be willing to pay a premium for the convenience of ordering just what we want, when we want. I was placing large orders to get free shipping with KR but now with CWSS I prefer ordering onsite at each wash with my IPad. I don't see how they can do that and stay price competitive with KR, but they have succeeded in changing my buying habits for now. If KR offered the same membership deal I'd probably get it.

Buying a skid of parts only works if you actually buy your soap from Kleen-Rite. It sounds like people who are buying maintenance items or small parts are subsidizing people who are buying soap or large items. Maybe the solution would be to get rid of the free shipping on skids and just charge realistic shipping rates across the board.
I agree, I don't usually buy liquids from Kleen Rite but you know they have to be getting that back somewhere else.

I'll say it again, a USPS priority mail option would be great for small parts.