What's new

KR- Excessive Shipping Charges

6t7gto

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to clean my FRP in the bays this spring.
5 gallon pail of KR's wall cleaner is $100.00 shipping. From PA to Ohio.
Nu-Wall cost more but their shipping is $48.00. From Alabama to Ohio.
I have used Nu-Wall before and it does a fantastic job.
Between the the cost of the product and shipping it is almost a wash among the two suppliers.

chaz

Reaction score
Between the the cost of the product and shipping it is almost a wash among the two suppliers.
Yeah,,,that stuff has crazy shipping issues cause it’s so strong.

Have u checked with your chemical supplier .....they may have a similar product.

6t7gto

Reaction score
Give me a clue for someone in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
I buy my chemicals from KR.
thx
David

chaz

Reaction score
thx
David
My previous chemical supplier had a product called alluminite (or something like that). I now use JBS chemicals, mfg just north of me...ill see if my Rep has a wall cleaner. I know others have said they buy dollar store toilet cleaner?!

wash12

Reaction score
I was just thinking this on last order, spent $15 and paid $17 in shipping. They must make a killing in over charging everyone on shipping.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score

Call around to local detail suppliers or bathtub blenders. Ask if they sell any aluminum brightener. We buy from a local company and just pick up.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I was just thinking this on last order, spent $15 and paid $17 in shipping. They must make a killing in over charging everyone on shipping.

I know many of us are unhappy with shipping charges in general, but when you figure in the cost of the box, and the labor to pull the item and pack it, and the low margins in many items it has to be paid for somehow.

OurTown

Reaction score
I know many of us are unhappy with shipping charges in general, but when you figure in the cost of the box, and the labor to pull the item and pack it, and the low margins in many items it has to be paid for somehow.
Not always but more times than not they have the best price including shipping.

MEP001

Reaction score
What was the item or order? How big and heavy was it? Did you receive it at a residential or a commercial address?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I often think their shipping is a bit excessive. I also don't compare their shipping to a place like Amazon

sparkey

Reaction score
thx
David
Americas wash systems in attica ohio sells alluminite. Its by far the best wall cleaner I have came across. I believe he has customers in the Cleveland area. May want to give them a call. Maybe they would deliver it to you.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Email I got from KR Customer Service:

I certainly do agree with you that the price of shipping has gone up. We try to ship everything at one time whenever possible. We have not changed the way we handle backorder in any way. If you would like me to mark your account for us to hold a backorder until you place another order or ask us to ship that backorder, I can certainly do that for you.

If you have any questions about how we handle backorders I will be happy to answer them for you or they can be found on our website under the Customer Service tab and the Terms and Conditions.

MEP001

Reaction score
I just ordered three 5-gallon pails from Kleen-Rite and they shipped them UPS as loose pails instead of packing them in boxes. Can't wait to get THAT bill...

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
****Update****

Got a phone call from Kr today...I had originally sent an email questioning the excessive shipping charges and got the generic response. Actually I was quite surprised I got a call today! She indicated the shipping charges were incorrect based on the weight and size of the shipment. She apologized for the mistake and refunded part of the original shipping and all of the back-order shipping charges.

In the end, I'm glad I questioned the charges and hopefully this will help others pay attention to shipping charges. Mistakes can be made....With our busy life, its hard keeping up with what's throwed at us, just one more thing to deal with... Glad it all worked out...

MEP001

Reaction score
I also got an update, evidently they've brokered a deal with UPS so they don't get charged the usual $20 per bucket to ship them out of box. I used my commercial UPS account to ship the same size packages back to them, and the shipping was only $5 less, ao that's all they added as handling. They even offered to refund the difference since they could have shipped it Hundredweight and it would have been $60 instead of $90. I told them no, but I'll be sure to specify next time.

So as I figured, they aren't gouging on shipping. They actually do the best they can.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Ridiculous shipping prices.

This morning I placed an order for 6 MEG spray tips. That's it. $19 for the tips.

How much can 6 tips weigh? 8oz maybe?

$23 for ground shipping! From Vegas to SoCal. Ridiculous!!!!

mac

Reaction score
I really enjoy reading about getting hosed by an entity that tries to be the cheapest supplier out there. It does take time for someone to pull an item, pack it, and print a label. Caveat emptor.