What's new

Foam brush heads

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I started using these after reading a suggestion on here for them:

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-57842-tb-14x3cr-noghair-multi-level-wash-brush.aspx

Last longer than the Erie Hogs Hair and at 1/3 the price.
A little bit labor intensive with a need to tap threads for the handle???

I like the fact I can possibly add an N with the H on our hogs hair sign? Maybe a transition to them is in order considering how expensive the hogs hair brushes have become. We also bought in such large quantities on the hogs hair to get a break ... so it might be awhile before our inventory of spare hogs hairs are used up though.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
A little bit labor intensive with a need to tap threads for the handle???
I bought an inexpensive NPT tap & Die set from Harbor Freight and between tapping the hole for the handle, I also drill and countersink a screw to retain the handle in the head, takes me all of 5 mins.

soonermajic

Reaction score
KR says those brushes are only for detailing, & can't be used fopr Foam brush.

I don't understand what you guys are saying to do with these...?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
KR says those brushes are only for detailing, & can't be used fopr Foam brush.

I don't understand what you guys are saying to do with these...?
I use them on my foam brush and I'm 100% satisfied. Weeps and foams perfectly.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I use them on my foam brush and I'm 100% satisfied. Weeps and foams perfectly.
Time Factor Concern:

How long have they proven themselves not to crack & possibly the tapped threads in plastic not lasting? I would hate to see the handles loosen up eventually because of the less durability of plastic threads vs Erie's metal threads.

The brush appears shorter than the Erie 4" than we usually get. Hopefully, this is not looking just at its short term results ... like what happened with those once gushed about KR lighted vacuum nozzles that turned out to nice only in the short term.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Time Factor Concern:

How long have they proven themselves not to crack & possibly the tapped threads in plastic not lasting? I would hate to see the handles loosen up eventually because of the less durability of plastic threads vs Erie's metal threads.

The brush appears shorter than the Erie 4" than we usually get. Hopefully, this is not looking just at its short term results ... like what happened with those once gushed about KR lighted vacuum nozzles that turned out to nice only in the short term.
These are my first try with these brushes. I have some going on a year with no issues ( although the bristles are getting thin). I found that the hogs hair were lasting 6 months at best at 3x the cost.

These brushes are bigger, denser, and have the side sections. My customers like them

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't see the lighted vac nozzles with a name that should get censored here available from Kleen-Rite anymore.

Reaction score
Car Wash Guy, are the brush heads threaded at all when you receive them? I was curious if that adapter I posted the link to would work. It was suggested by kleen rite for the brush identical to the one you are using except being real hog hair and really expensive.

Eric H

Reaction score

Randy

Reaction score
I'm going have to try and remember to order a couple of these next time I order parts from KR.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I'm going have to try and remember to order a couple of these next time I order parts from KR.
I was thinking the same thing rather than "going hogwild" ordering a couple of dozen of them. So so so sorry for the bad pun ...

It is usually better IMHO to try one or two of anything new it seems better getting to many. Unless on some item loses its "quality control" then it is harder to anticipate that problem ... kind of a blindside if you will.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Any more updates on these? I see they're "on sale" for $23. I wonder what the regular price was...?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I believe $28.99

Mine still going strong. I also don’t have abusive customers.

slash007

Reaction score
Reviews say the hole for the handle has to be tapped to fit the standard foam brush handle. Have you found that to be the case?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Yep. Takes me less than 5 mins. Bought an inexpensive NPT tap and die set from HF