What's new

Foam brush heads

Reaction score
Do you guys replace the whole heads when they wear out or install a refill? Also, what kind of fb heads do you use?

water guy

Reaction score
Just got some from Windtrax. I replace the whole thing.I notice the middle always wears out first.

OurTown

Reaction score
Erie hog's hair for us. What length do you guys buy? We bought the 4 1/2" and it being hogs hair seemed too flimsy to clean very well. When new the hair is so long it just folds over. Next time we might try 4".

Reaction score
I do the whole brush with Erie hog hair too. I usually put the long bristle heads on and they seem to do better than the short bristle.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Do you guys replace the whole heads when they wear out or install a refill? Also, what kind of fb heads do you use?
I use Erie Hog's Hair long but not the longest choice. Done both whole & just refill. Lately the price difference is so little that we have been doing whole.

Question: If your competition is using the cheapest nylon brushes ... how do you educate or advertise to your customers that you have better & safer brushes than the nylon??? Sometimes by the time you wait for the customers to figure it out on their own ... they have become habitual users of your competition without them being aware of the difference in quality ....

Reaction score
They seem to last longer due to the longer bristles. Cleaning seems to have no discernible difference to me. We used to have signs for the hog's hair brushes advertising how they are the softest brushes made or something to that effect but I cannot seem to find those anymore.

MEP001

Reaction score
Erie hogs hair. It only saves a few dollars to change just the refill so I change the whole head.

If I had a wash where the brushes were abused I'd go with nylon.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I use hogs hair.

When the bristles wear out, I remove the back and save it. When someone runs over a brush and breaks it, I remove the bristles and save them. Put the two together and I have a new brush for free.