What's new

Who’s installing Ceramic Coatings?

Pro-Techt

Reaction score
What is the primary difference between a ceramic and a high quality synthetic sealant?
A real coating is applied as a liquid and turns into a solid when cured.

If a product doesn’t do that, it’s not a real coating. Watch out for all the hyped spray coatings on the market. Especially the ones in this thread. They’re tricking the public into think they’re coatings (from their use of the term coating), but are nothing more than a spray sealant.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I
I have a professional ceramic coating on my sports car.

I bought a bottle of the Mother's CMX from WalMart that Soapy mentioned. Wow. Quite impressed with the gloss and the hydrophobic quality.

I then bought a bottle of the Turtle Wax spray-on version after watching this video. Quite amazed at the gloss for something that costs $6.

Really liked this comparison. But i have to ask, "where on Earth did you find that Turtle Wax for $6"?!!! Cheapest I've found is $10

Last edited:

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm planning to add Mothers CMX ceramic sealer to my detail packages for $30. I know it's not as durable as a ceramic coating, but I want to experiment at this price point as a 'buy up' on detail services with a simple process to see if it is effective and well-received by the customer. My wash is in a low-mid income area, so I need to keep prices affordable, IMO.

washnshine

Reaction score
I'm planning to add Mothers CMX ceramic sealer to my detail packages for $30. I know it's not as durable as a ceramic coating, but I want to experiment at this price point as a 'buy up' on detail services with a simple process to see if it is effective and well-received by the customer. My wash is in a low-mid income area, so I need to keep prices affordable, IMO.
I think that is smart waxman. You are offering an upsell that adds value and is at a price point for wide customer appeal. When things are priced appropriately, people understand the level of service they are getting. In other words - a $30 vs. $300 service will not be perceived as the same thing. And if you will make more selling the $30 service- that is a good move.