What's new

Who’s installing Ceramic Coatings?

Pro-Techt

Reaction score
Just like the title say. The wave is here. Who’s riding it and who’s sitting on the beach? Great source of income. Somewhat easy to install. Exclusiveness from immediate competitors.

We use Optimum & SB3 Coatings.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is the cost of these? One customer told me he paid $1000 for his Audi to be coated.

I am skeptical and wonder about 'fine print' of any expressed warranty claims.

The revenue sounds nice.

soapy

Reaction score
I don't have a detail shop anymore but I do keep up with trends. One thing I have read about ceramics is that they are good for chemicals with PH between 2 to 11. I have seen many high PH Presoaks applied over 11 PH. I wonder if this would cause early failure of the ceramic coating?

DPX22

Reaction score
I think Simoniz offers a ceramic product and also warranties the paint directly through Simoniz after applied at any authorized detailing shop. I'm still on the fence to go through the training and have a bay taken up just for this product, but for areas where the average HH income is healthy and luxury cars are plenty, it would be an easy decision.

Just have to monitor how long it takes vs. scheduling an interior/exterior detail and revenue costs for that garage spot.

soapy

Reaction score
People are paying between $1000 to $2000 for a ceramic coating including buffing. The actual application of the ceramic is really pretty easy. I have a simoniz kit i plan to apply to my Hellcat. Kit was $80. I picked up some mothers CDX ceramic and allied it to a work truck. Very easy application and very surprised how much it shines and beads water. $12 for it and should do several cars. I think ceramic coatings will.be the only way to go in the future.