What's new

The Nayax problems and info sticky.

Scrubhub

Reaction score
Which attribute is that? It isn't needed for the external stop button as far as I know. As I said, I am using the configuration in that post and can confirm it definitely works. Those 2 attributes are all I changed and wired in the momentary switch as shown and it worked.
Is your switch normally open or normally closed?

Keno

Reaction score

This post may help you also
Is your switch normally open or normally closed?
Normally open, closes and connects the 2 wires on button push

hkozlovsky

Reaction score
I have been on the phone with my distributor ten times this week and they said it cant be done. So far all these people have provided me more help than Nayax and my distributor.
group help is great but email me as I want to know your distributor because if your distributor is authorized he has a resource to ask these kinds of questions. My contact is below.
Thanks

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax Harry@nayax.com
410-302-9015

Scrubhub

Reaction score

This post may help you also

Normally open, closes and connects the 2 wires on button push
I will try this tommorow. Thank you for your help.
I have built my own panels and currently testing in one bay, I purchased the Dixmor LED8 and went through a nightmare. The second the Pule wire is connected it immediately starts counting up, I got it all figured out today. The Dixmor LED8 does not accept a Nayax Pulse input and I fought with this for a while until Dixmor told me that this would not work and they don't know what's wrong. I now will finalize the door switch tomorrow with your information and we are off to the races.
This is my new panel that will be in all of the bays. I'm installing a decal over the whole panel face with our Car Wash logo and all the detailed information. The traditional round stickers are only temporary.

Attachments

Keno

Reaction score
Looks really nice. You may want to put tire cleaner as one of the top buttons. We have tire cleaner and presoak as the 2 top buttons to try to get customers to use those first. If you are doing cashless, you don't even need an external timer. The nayax will work as your timer.

How are you ensuring that only 1 function is selected at a time?

Scrubhub

Reaction score
Looks really nice. You may want to put tire cleaner as one of the top buttons. We have tire cleaner and presoak as the 2 top buttons to try to get customers to use those first. If you are doing cashless, you don't even need an external timer. The nayax will work as your timer.
I just put it for the messaging and to be more pronounced with the bright red lighting. I have a PLC that controls each wash unit now, the switches send the inputs to the PLC and when a switch (mode) is selected it will light up the switch, the stop light begins to flash, and the green pilot light (wash cycle active) lights up. When the unit is off all the switches are all flashing until the payment is processed. An outside ambient air temp sensor sensor with an adjustable relay sends a signal to each bay PLC when to use hot water and purge the lines. I'm trying a method I came up with, the system will blow air to purge my lines when it's below 2deg celcius. I really can't stand seeing water go down the drain constantly with the weep mizer system.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Hey there, what settings do you have setup for the external stop. I have tried almost everything and cant get it to work. What do you use for the door switch state interger?
In Nayax Core

These 2 setting must be selected for each VPOS.
2024-01-12 (1).png

2024-01-12.png

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
Hey there, what settings do you have setup for the external stop. I have tried almost everything and cant get it to work. What do you use for the door switch state interger?
Set door open functionality to - As cancel
And just get a N/O push button and connect one end to the GND wire from the nayax and the other to the door open wire
If you do not see the "set door open functionality" parameter you need to go onto the desktop version and under device features you can add that attribute as a parameter

Castle Rock View

Reaction score
Replying to https://www.carwashforum.com/threads/the-nayax-problems-and-info-sticky.17758/post-178295

NAYAX self serve car wash users should read the above post. The road to Hell is paved with count-up transactions where the stop switch wasn't pressed or didn't work. (I have a dead NAYAX box that a customer took a hammer to when it wouldn't stop.) Fixed-time prepay solves a ton of problems and brings in more revenue!

I strongly recommend adding NAYAX's optional plastic weather cover. The NAYAX box has a touch screen with fuzz button type flex circuit connections and other low current circuits that can be affected by moisture and hard water deposits, etc. It's fairly well water-proofed but not invincible. When using fixed-time prepay, the customer only uses the card reader once, before the wash starts, so flipping the cover up is not a hindrance.

Last edited:

Castle Rock View

Reaction score
Did you get a license plate? We have successfully gotten reimbursement by showing police video of the damage being done and license plate
Unfortunately not but I did get motivated to add 4K cameras to each bay!

HeyVern

Reaction score
Has anybody ever tried using the Off position on the rotary switch as a Stop for count up?

TMoliver

Reaction score
I know an operator in GA that does it. It works for after taking a couple of years for him and his attendant to train most of his customers that the stop on the rotary was to Cancel the credit card system, not just pause the services. They have to train new customers who complain that the bay turned off there credit card and they had to swipe again to finish washing.

Do you have the time to do the training??

HeyVern

Reaction score
I know an operator in GA that does it. It works for after taking a couple of years for him and his attendant to train most of his customers that the stop on the rotary was to Cancel the credit card system, not just pause the services. They have to train new customers who complain that the bay turned off there credit card and they had to swipe again to finish washing.

Do you have the time to do the training??
Seems about the same as training them to push the stop button

Castle Rock View

Reaction score
Seems about the same as training them to push the stop button
The discussion in this post

gives excellent arguments for leaving count-up mode forever. You make more money and you avoid the “can’t STOP” problems altogether.

Etowah

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Onyx user here ..... reading through the threads here no one talks about 3rd party contactless card security. It has often been my experience that when using Nayax in count up mode the open connection is not a common delivery point to point. Most credit card/contactless card companies use some sort of third party security/software that is almost impossible to get real info on or tec support help. Believe me i have spent a LOT of time with nayax tec support ( also have family in the tec side of the financial services industry ) and most of my dealings with clients and nayax have been quite positive over the years. What we experience is often a hiccup within the third party security system as many of the third party security systems do not like 1. count up - a persistent/open connection 2. a preauthorization for a fixed amount followed quickly by the open connection and then 3. the timed 'settlement'.... or multiple continuous contacts over time for a single sale. This is not a common transaction mode so it will often get flagged as a security threat/fraud and the client/wash will be out of luck ..... i could write novels about my experiences, tests, conversations and futzing about this but will spare us all...... so before you go ballistic on nayax think about solutions along these lines that may help your business ..... from nayax's point of view everything looks/is/functions fine .... yup, frustrating but what we have zero access to and almost no understanding of is the ai security behind it all and how it affects things ...... when clients have persistent problems with a card I offer them an in house card or ask them to try another card ..... with the tec and ai being rewired globally this has become more common and troublesome for everyone. This is not all of the answers but accounts for a ton more 'fails' than one may think ..... oh n phoning the credit card companies of the cardholders has never got me anywhere ... they think you are a fraud, thief or spammer ...
When people 'forget' to turn it off ( leave it running count up and go ) there are a ton of ways to deal with it depending on your business models and customer contact .... overall though, people do prefer contactless count up in almost every way for its simplicity and reliability ..... we still offer coin ops as well.
If anyone here has any experience dealing with/working with the tec side of the third party security please chip in - would love to find more info/resources .

After reading this post by dbcknghm, it makes me wonder if anyone has had any issues with Nayax accepting debit cards or Prepaid Visa/MC? If so, is it only in count up mode because of the "Hold" placed on the card?? Or maybe no issue??

I can see benefits to both arguments with count up v/s preset charges...Just doing a little homework before deciding whether or not to add Nayax to my bays?

Reaction score
After reading this post by dbcknghm, it makes me wonder if anyone has had any issues with Nayax accepting debit cards or Prepaid Visa/MC? If so, is it only in count up mode because of the "Hold" placed on the card?? Or maybe no issue??

I can see benefits to both arguments with count up v/s preset charges...Just doing a little homework before deciding whether or not to add Nayax to my bays?
When I scroll through my transactions I can see payments have been declined but tying that to a debit or prepaid card is difficult. When I review the cctv footage most customers try a different card or may go to the changer to use cash instead. I am not worried I am losing business over it.

No one has ever come to me while on site or called my help line to complain about that. I think if they have less than $20 available on their card and its declined they know why its not working. My maximum or pre-authorization amount is $20 and I have seen other operators use $10 or $15 but I have too many service trucks using my wash that would have to swipe two times if I didnt have it set that high.

Reaction score
Anyone that makes the decision to purchase Nayax devices for their site can use this link for 7% discount.

Or promo code: REVESTOR

I do get a referral bonus for that link full disclosure but in return I am also willing to help answer any questions you have before or after purchase.

HeyVern

Reaction score

There is one local credit union whose cards don't work in mine. I've had a few customers with them, overall, a very small percentage, and most have another payment they can use.

MANLO

Reaction score
Have been using NAYAX on my SS bays for about 6/7 years now. Mostly good and they have been good to work with from the tech support side. One tech in particular has helped me a lot and I'd be happy to share their contact info if you message me directly. I have mine set to count up mode using the Dixmoor LED 7. I added a push button as a second option for ending the transaction. So, the customer can press the red X on the reader or press the push button to stop the transaction. I have it set up for a minimum transaction amount of $3.00 and the transaction times out at $12 in case the customer walks away without stopping the transaction. The way that I've got it set up requires "pre-authorization" in the amount of $12. Can't change this or at least I have not tried to change it in a while and not sure that I'd want to change it if it is possible. I also have a VPOS Touch on a Hamilton DRS change machine to dispense tokens. That machine is set up at different price points which is also an option for self-serve. I don't see a lot of declined transactions from month to month, but I do see them and I've come to believe that the majority of those are card related. When a customer is having a problem getting a card to work I'll try my card and it will work. AMEX is usually the problem card and I've never taken the time to try and figure out why since AMEX is such a small number of my total transactions. The previous generation of NAYAX readers did not last in the self serve environment, but I've found the VPOS Touch holds up well (hope I'm not jinxing myself). Changed over to the VPOS Touch going on four years ago and so far so good. I had hoped to be able to use the MONEX loyalty program that NAYAX offers, but I misunderstood there being a cost. Probably my biggest disappointment is there being a charge to use the MONEX loyalty program, but I've let that go. The process of getting the VPOS Touch parameters in place can be frustrating. They refer to it as loading the settings. I won't go into detail here, but this is especially frustrating if you are trying to work out the settings in your wash bay. If you do go with NAYAX you might try setting one up in a bay or on your bench and play with it until you've got it working as you want it to. Once you've got it the way you want it you can copy the settings on the reader that is working to the other readers. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Etowah