What's new

The Nayax problems and info sticky.

lrnasd90

Reaction score
I like the one and done aspect of just selling X amount of bay time. It is a straight forward as it comes, you pay it comes on and runs for a certain amount of time. I am in the business of selling bay time, I sell more time when the customers guesses how much time they will use. They wash longer or just drive off with time on the meter, never had a single complaint. If they are worried they can buy one cycle at a time, but I find most people just buy $5 or more and go on about washing. I rarely see my minimum charge. My bays are $2 to start. But my credit has always been $3 minimum. They seem to really like the idea that it is X time for X dollars. Just like buying something in the store, not the anxiety of worrying if they canceled their time or in a hurry to get done so they CAN cancel their time. I am constantly shocked seeing people buy $15 and $20 dollars worth of time like it's nothing. Most of my business is big trucks, atvs, boats, basically anything that doesn't fit into a tunnel. So I guess those folks are already used to paying $125+ to fill them up with fuel, so $20 bucks to wash them is nothing.

Count up requires them to touch the credit card swiper twice and have the ability to read a sign. I find both things to be problematic. First of all you can word the sign in the most clear way possible and there are still load of people that don't understand. But the reality is most people never read the sign to begin with. And when then they do they have to remember to stop it. Most operators set a max charge so someone doesn't drive off and leave it running all day. I look for anyway to avoid phone calls. I don't want to watch hours of video to see if someone pushed a button to end their time. Because you know someone is going to call and say hey man I got charged $30 bucks and I only washed for 10 minutes. So what do you do in that circumstance, piss the customer off and tell them sorry that's on you or give them a refund? You lose either way, specially if someone else used their time or they left it running. I just like thing simple. Plus when they buy up front the meter isn't running yet, so they aren't in a rush or feel the pressure to hurry up. So if they have to fiddle with the credit card reader a little it not as big of deal when it's not costing them yet. When the meter is running and they try to cancel the time if the credit card reader isn't responding fast enough they get irritated...because at this point ever second cost them money.

I think people really like seeing the touch screen on the Nayax, plus it is interactive, if they try to swipe with a chip card it will tell them with pictures and words to use their chip. They push a menu selection, it says please insert card, it tells them exact what it going to charge them when they do, no guessing. My wash gear that I had was just mono chrome display and swipe only, no chip or tap . The Nayax basically takes any cashless payment. I had someone use cash app the other day. Personally I can't keep up with all the ways to pay, but I like that the Nayax can take most all of them. Over the last couple of years I have noticed, specially in the summer time, the gym folk across the street use their apple/android watches to pay. Like I said before I sell bay time and I want as many ways to sell it as possible. For $300 bucks per reader I don't think any other devices take as many ways to pay...maybe I am wrong, but I haven't seen any. Again this is just my opinion, I am sure other have theirs. Plus there are lots of way to do things and different areas have different customers. My customer base is getting younger, they are dialed into the ways to pay and have zero patience, so they sure as heck don't read directions. The way I do it, they don't need to.

Kevin James

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that information. I find to be very useful.

rld

Reaction score
What timers are you using with the Nayax? Did you wire directly from pulse cable to timer and could you tell me how you wired them?
I am currently trying to get a Vpos to run a Dixmor DX2002. I have had it work
intermittently starting and sometimes not ending on the DX2002. Nayax is at a loss. I assume Vpos could work as timer by itself too. Anybody doing that?

lrnasd90

Reaction score
I am using Dixmor LED7s, pulse 1 (green on VPOS) wired directly to the brown wire from the LED7. I have had issues with it in the past and had to adjust the pulse timing. But once I got the pulse timing working out, it works great. I have even connected them to LED3, but you have to slow down the pulse speed.

Attachments

lrnasd90

Reaction score
Attached above is my exact pulse setup. On newer timers you can speed up the pulse, make it say 10ms instead of 20ms, also be careful not to make the pulse too long or you could reset the time. I have a computer on site or it can be done through the Moma 2.0 app. So you can make the changes then test it.

Randy

Reaction score
Why aren’t you using the Yellow/Black wire off of pin #8? It’s the auxiliary input for a bill validator or 2nd coin acceptor. The optimum coin pulse speed for the LED-7 is between 100 – 200msec. Customer service at Cantaloupe, Inc. previously known as USA Technologies and Nayax won’t know much of anything about installing there credit reader system on a car wash equipment/coin box. There equipment was designed and built for the vending industry, big difference in the vending machine industry and the car wash equipment. We've installed a lot of Cantaloupe credit card systems on bill changers that dispense tokens.

lrnasd90

Reaction score
I am sorry, I am actually using 200 msec, if you look at the screen I attached, is shows pulse active in 10ms increments, so when I said 20, that was actually 200ms. I was just saying that in reference to how Nayax has it on their setup, so basically the range you said...

And I did use that wire with Cryptopay, but for no particular reason I didn't use it for Nayax, no idea what difference it makes, maybe you can shed some light as to what difference it makes? I suppose if you kept count of the coins you would want it on the credit card input so it was different, other than that I personally don't know what difference it makes?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Since Nayax gets brought up quite often, Greg Pack suggested that we might benefit from it being a sticky. I agreed with him, so here it is. If this helps, you're welcome. If it doesn't, well it was Greg's idea.

cjc118, I hope you're okay with me modifying the thread title.

Carwashking

Reaction score
It would be nice if Nayax had a designated technician to help the people on the car wash business or anyone to return calls 🤪

rld

Reaction score
Alright, it looks like I finally got the Nayax working with my Dixmor Dx2002 timers. It took a some work with Nayax but the best fit is to put a relay between the Vpos and the timer. Below is a link for two relays you can use, both work fine. Also I'll attached two documents explaining the wiring.
On the DX2002 wire #1 from timer goes to the COM on relay and the wire #9 from timer goes to the NO on relay.
Hope this might help anybody trying this.
Relay:

https://www.amazon.com/Relay-Module...aWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/HiLetgo-Chan...id=1674643081&sprefix=5v+relay,aps,251&sr=8-4

Attachments

Dale Shahi

Reaction score
Any one help me how to wire nayax on new vaccume,what timer use and relay switch to use

rld

Reaction score
Dixmor LED 7 timer will work and info on how is posted above with the info on Dx2002 timer
I’m also told an LED 6 works too.

Dale Shahi

Reaction score
I have vaccume want to run coin less , if I use dixmor led7, and nayax, what I can use to coordinate with dixmor to turn vaccume on , I mean relay switch ?

rld

Reaction score
The relay link is in above post with attachments
I’m not using Coinless so I’m not sure if hookup but I would assume the hook up to LED 7 would after the relay for Nayax. I would think Coinless could answer that for you.

hkozlovsky

Reaction score
Hi all.

Thank you for the comments. Since I am told not to sell here, I am here to reply and share based on comments I read and as I work with the OEMs/Distributors, I am happy to align any information with anyone here - Cell 410-302-9015 and email harry@nayax.com.

* Dixmor Schematics - See attached

* Support - As ScottV wrote in another post here yesterday, Nayax onboarding and support has been challenged as a result of an already large company exponentially growing in 2022 as people from all our verticals learned and flocked to Nayax from other companies, for Nayax exclusive technology. When that good fortune happens as quickly as it did, it very much taxed support levels. We do what large tech companies do, and adjust. The onboarding process which had much manual, is now all automated. The phone system which was fine for size xxx but not for size xxxxxx was dropping calls at times and leaving people on hold for far too long. A new state of the art phone system is being installed. Adding all sorts of automation and most importantly I am aligning all our OEMs and Distributors to make sure when their customers are activated they are 100% plug and play through our new automation flow.

Reach out anytime for issues, questions and I will peek in here as time allows as well. ty

See you at SWCA and have a great weekend.

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax
harry@nayax.com
410-302-9015

Attachments

Last edited:

hkozlovsky

Reaction score
Sure RLD.

I am most interested in ANY operators who have experienced issues after purchased through OEMs, Distributors, or Resellers. If you had issues in the past or currently experiencing any issues, please reach out, I will assist and most importantly be sure your OEMs, Distributors, Resellers are already or will be aligned into our automation flow which should all but guarantee your devices will be plug and play at activation.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

See you at SWCA.

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax
harry@nayax.com
410-302-9015 (text with some details preferred initially and then we can schedule a call as needed)

Last edited:

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Got my Nayax readers installed on my Ginsan doors. They look great and work well but I can't get the external stop button to kill the credit card count up charge. I have the Green door open wire from the nayax on one side of the switch and the brown and gray "ground" wires on the other side. This should short to ground when pressed. Is this how everyone else has their buttons wired? Is there a parameter in the Nayax configuration that I am missing to tell it to use that door open signal? Thanks in advance!

Lighthouse