What's new

The Nayax problems and info sticky.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Nayax activated my readers yesterday, I got them working but, how do I switch them to count up?

Last edited:

Carwashking

Reaction score
Nayax activated my readers yesterday, I got them working but, how do I switch them to count up?
Call them Monday and they will set up. Just because you have onboarding ready doesn’t automatically turn reader on.

HeyVern

Reaction score
They're on and working, I just can't figure out how to switch to count up

Keno

Reaction score
What have you done to get it working? The instructions are on the forums, or easiest is to have nayax support do it for you on Monday. Call first thing in morning

HeyVern

Reaction score
Yes it's accepting cards. I figured out how to turn on count up and it shows the timer but, it charges the maximum charge and the stop button doesn't stop it until it reaches the full amount

Carwashking

Reaction score
On the screen do you see in the lower left corner a red X and in the middle of the screen a bar that says stop. Are you using an external stop button?

HeyVern

Reaction score
I tried enabling the attributes that Lighthouse posted for the external stop but, that didn't seem to change anything. The red x is not on the screen now, I don't remember if it was before I changed those attributes. I'll have to change them back and see or wait until Monday for Nayax.

Carwashking

Reaction score
Maybe they set up with external stop. I have some locations with external stop and will most likely do all location.

Attachments

dbcknghm

Reaction score
Onyx user here ..... reading through the threads here no one talks about 3rd party contactless card security. It has often been my experience that when using Nayax in count up mode the open connection is not a common delivery point to point. Most credit card/contactless card companies use some sort of third party security/software that is almost impossible to get real info on or tec support help. Believe me i have spent a LOT of time with nayax tec support ( also have family in the tec side of the financial services industry ) and most of my dealings with clients and nayax have been quite positive over the years. What we experience is often a hiccup within the third party security system as many of the third party security systems do not like 1. count up - a persistent/open connection 2. a preauthorization for a fixed amount followed quickly by the open connection and then 3. the timed 'settlement'.... or multiple continuous contacts over time for a single sale. This is not a common transaction mode so it will often get flagged as a security threat/fraud and the client/wash will be out of luck ..... i could write novels about my experiences, tests, conversations and futzing about this but will spare us all...... so before you go ballistic on nayax think about solutions along these lines that may help your business ..... from nayax's point of view everything looks/is/functions fine .... yup, frustrating but what we have zero access to and almost no understanding of is the ai security behind it all and how it affects things ...... when clients have persistent problems with a card I offer them an in house card or ask them to try another card ..... with the tec and ai being rewired globally this has become more common and troublesome for everyone. This is not all of the answers but accounts for a ton more 'fails' than one may think ..... oh n phoning the credit card companies of the cardholders has never got me anywhere ... they think you are a fraud, thief or spammer ...
When people 'forget' to turn it off ( leave it running count up and go ) there are a ton of ways to deal with it depending on your business models and customer contact .... overall though, people do prefer contactless count up in almost every way for its simplicity and reliability ..... we still offer coin ops as well.
If anyone here has any experience dealing with/working with the tec side of the third party security please chip in - would love to find more info/resources .

HeyVern

Reaction score
Only four days to get support to call back but, at least they're working now

Reaction score
Onyx user here ..... reading through the threads here no one talks about 3rd party contactless card security. It has often been my experience that when using Nayax in count up mode the open connection is not a common delivery point to point. Most credit card/contactless card companies use some sort of third party security/software that is almost impossible to get real info on or tec support help. Believe me i have spent a LOT of time with nayax tec support ( also have family in the tec side of the financial services industry ) and most of my dealings with clients and nayax have been quite positive over the years. What we experience is often a hiccup within the third party security system as many of the third party security systems do not like 1. count up - a persistent/open connection 2. a preauthorization for a fixed amount followed quickly by the open connection and then 3. the timed 'settlement'.... or multiple continuous contacts over time for a single sale. This is not a common transaction mode so it will often get flagged as a security threat/fraud and the client/wash will be out of luck ..... i could write novels about my experiences, tests, conversations and futzing about this but will spare us all...... so before you go ballistic on nayax think about solutions along these lines that may help your business ..... from nayax's point of view everything looks/is/functions fine .... yup, frustrating but what we have zero access to and almost no understanding of is the ai security behind it all and how it affects things ...... when clients have persistent problems with a card I offer them an in house card or ask them to try another card ..... with the tec and ai being rewired globally this has become more common and troublesome for everyone. This is not all of the answers but accounts for a ton more 'fails' than one may think ..... oh n phoning the credit card companies of the cardholders has never got me anywhere ... they think you are a fraud, thief or spammer ...
When people 'forget' to turn it off ( leave it running count up and go ) there are a ton of ways to deal with it depending on your business models and customer contact .... overall though, people do prefer contactless count up in almost every way for its simplicity and reliability ..... we still offer coin ops as well.
If anyone here has any experience dealing with/working with the tec side of the third party security please chip in - would love to find more info/resources .
I have almost zero idea what your talking about here. I think you need to dumb it down a bit here.

ColoradoClean

Reaction score
I have had Nayax VPOS readers at one of my location for over three years, the readers are in the middle of bay, so they get sprayed all the time. And I have been through my fair share of readers. They don't hold up as well as Cryptopay readers and certainly not as good as Wash Gear, but I was tired of seeing people drive off because they couldn't get Cryptopay readers to work.

I recently, just last week in fact, installed Nayax VPOS readers in place of Cryptopay. I pulled out 14 Cryptopay readers. So now I have a total of 19 Nayax readers. You may wonder why in the world would I deal with all the bs of Nayax readers over Cryptopay, well I see almost twice the amount of sales with Nayax. And no phone calls for pre auth, that get so old.

I think the drive in revenue is the fact that I just give them 6 selection, $3,$5,$10,$15,$20,$25. If they run out of time they buy more. No more pushing the button to add more time or cancel the remaining time. You buy it, its yours. I am shocked at how many people actually buy $25 dollars worth of bay time. It happens a lot more frequently than I would have ever believed. My dad did it as his carwash first and his sales nearly tripled. I resisted, so I installed 4 to test and sure enough my credit card sales went up and I never get calls about it. Nayax has terrible support, their website sucks, but for me at least they make loads more money than Wash Gear or Cryptopay.

With in the first week of installing the new Nayax readers we have seen an increase in sales and not a single call. In fact lot of people have said how much they like it. We also post a sign that says how much time each wash price buys, that really helps. So take this how you will, I have been in the carwash business for 35 years...so just my two cents.

How are you setting up the Nayax to give them these purchase options. I just got my Nayax readers and I can't find the settings in the system to do this.

HeyVern

Reaction score
How are you setting up the Nayax to give them these purchase options. I just got my Nayax readers and I can't find the settings in the system to do this.
You have to go into the machine attributes and enable it, I think it's "incremental pulse" or something like that. Then set up the increments under pulse settings. Probably easier to get Nayax to set it up if you can get them on the phone.

pmullens1985

Reaction score
Anyone have any signage or instructions for people to turn off the machine when count up is running on your manual bay?

Reaction score
Heres one for you guys. Anyone put a VPOS Touch on a Etowah Valley timer? The tech guy at Etowah (Not Jim) is telling me I need some kind of opto-translator to make it work.

We are setting it up with multi price selection not count up so to me were just sending the right amount of pulses to equal the transaction amount. Why would the bill acceptor and coin acceptor be able to send pulses but not the Nayax device?

IMG_7640.jpg

Etowah Valley.jpg

IMG_7640.jpg Etowah Valley.jpg

HeyVern

Reaction score
The Nayax can send pulses, so there must be an issue with the timer accepting the pulses from the reader.

Keno

Reaction score
Did Etowah Valley know you were doing multi price selection and not count up? Nayax can send pulses as stated above. Pulse duration, pulse high/low time, and invert pulse are adjustable

PrecisionPyro

Reaction score
Cross posted, I forgot this sticky was here. 😮💨

I'm overhauling one of my bays and came into an interesting situation. Wired everything up and upon power on, my LED6 would instantly go to count-up. Before even booting, and would continue on even during a nayax restart. I assumed a Nayax issue given all the "fun" I've had with their readers...

After a few phone calls and emails with Nayax, I finally got around to calling Dixmor. I was informed there's a new batch of boards in the 6 the WILL NOT work with Nayax.

The guy that answered at Dixmor was super helpful! During the chip shortage issue, the 6 was reworked and was geared to work with cryptopay. The LED6 was the only timer effected, all others should continue to work just fine with Nayax. I inquired about Monex issues and he wasn't sure.

Dixmor uses the same development team as Crypto so it's not looking like there will be any revisions in the near future. Figured I would post here to give y'all a heads up.

Keno

Reaction score
One of the benefits of Nayax is that you can bypass timer completely for CC sales. The Nayax will work as the timer with some relays.