What's new

The Nayax problems and info sticky.

buckeye3847

Reaction score
They are not hard I added them to my antique boxes and changed timers at the same time. I didn't have to pull new wires or anything
When you get a moment can you show us a pic of them mounted to the antique boxes? mine is a small 7x9 type sizing and wanted to see how your did yours. Thanks!

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I have a question for Nayax users with count up. I am having a random situation where a customer swipes, activates and begins washing. After a few minutes, the timer stops just like someone hit the stop button. Customer has to swipe again, will run for a few minutes, then turns off again. I have not been able to reproduce this and it only occurs on 2 of my 9 bays with count up. Using LED7 timers. Customer is getting charged mutliple preauthorizations and minimum charges. Has anyone had this happen before? I think it's something to do with the Nayax holding the signal on the credit wire of the LED7 but have no way to test this theory or where to start. Nayax wants me to reproduce it while they are online, but it only happens every 1 or 2 days.

Thanks,
Lighthouse

Carwashking

Reaction score
I have a question for Nayax users with count up. I am having a random situation where a customer swipes, activates and begins washing. After a few minutes, the timer stops just like someone hit the stop button. Customer has to swipe again, will run for a few minutes, then turns off again. I have not been able to reproduce this and it only occurs on 2 of my 9 bays with count up. Using LED7 timers. Customer is getting charged mutliple preauthorizations and minimum charges. Has anyone had this happen before? I think it's something to do with the Nayax holding the signal on the credit wire of the LED7 but have no way to test this theory or where to start. Nayax wants me to reproduce it while they are online, but it only happens every 1 or 2 days.

Thanks,
Lighthouse
It is the water mist causing. Have Nayax turn off screen cancel function and use a external stop switch solve my problems

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
It is the water mist causing. Have Nayax turn off screen cancel function and use a external stop switch solve my problems
VPOS Button Function=Disabled? Is that the correct parameter? It was set to external cancel and I changed to disabled. I will try to see if this helps.

Thanks,
Lighthouse

Reaction score
I can confirm that water will turn off your device. We use prepaid cards to wash down bays which starts it in count up and if were washing around the device and water gets on the screen it will turn off. I have also seen customers spraying off their hood sideways hit it and turn it off. Nayax makes protective covers to go over the device.

IMG_8308.jpg

buckeye3847

Reaction score
Looks good!
Looks good! How did you seal your box from the pre-drilled side. I assume that came with pre-drilled holes for side mount use? I'm planning to use those same laurel nayax side mount boxes but was planned to put them on the side. The top mount is something for me to consider if I can figure out how to seal the pre-drilled holes or deter vandalism. thanks!

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I can confirm that water will turn off your device. We use prepaid cards to wash down bays which starts it in count up and if were washing around the device and water gets on the screen it will turn off. I have also seen customers spraying off their hood sideways hit it and turn it off. Nayax makes protective covers to go over the device.

View attachment 9591
As much as I thought you were crazy, I changed that setting and disabled the cancel button on the Nayax and have not seen a duplicate minimum charge since then. Thanks for the help. I will monitor closely to ensure that it's fixed.

Thanks,
Lighthouse

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
Looks good!

Looks good! How did you seal your box from the pre-drilled side. I assume that came with pre-drilled holes for side mount use? I'm planning to use those same laurel nayax side mount boxes but was planned to put them on the side. The top mount is something for me to consider if I can figure out how to seal the pre-drilled holes or deter vandalism. thanks!
There is a plate that bolts over the holes you can get from laurel or KR we are going on a year with this setup and it works great in the cold ohio winter I also ordered the cover but didn't like.the look so I left it off and have had no issues

Castle Rock View

Reaction score
I'm using the VPOS Touch on my SS bays. They took time to configure and some exprimenting, adding relays, pullup resistors, etc. I'm a retired EE so within my wheelhouse. Tech support has been helpful. You have to get into their support network but I've gotten questions and problems resolved via email and phone.

Be sure to instal the plastic flip covers to keep water off them. I had a naked unit go bad after about two years. I think the touch screen contacts got corroded. Count up would not stop. A customer ended my troubleshooting by taking a chisel to the touch screen.

I may switch to the fixed price selection list as this gets away from stop problems (and customers failing to press it). Seems to bring more $$ anyway.

The VPOS control signals are typically +5vdc type (some input lines can be pulled up to +12vdc with a resistor). To interact with 24vac switching, you need to add relays.

I have Dixmor6 and 6s units that use 24vac logic. It appears that Dixmor 7 allows for direct connection to VPOS. Wish I had selected the 7 series but I would have had to re-machine my box face plates.

Castle Rock View

Reaction score
I'm using the VPOS Touch on my SS bays. They took time to configure and some exprimenting, adding relays, pullup resistors, etc. I'm a retired EE so within my wheelhouse. Tech support has been helpful. You have to get into their support network but I've gotten questions and problems resolved via email and phone.

Be sure to instal the plastic flip covers to keep water off them. I had a naked unit go bad after about two years. I think the touch screen contacts got corroded. Count up would not stop. A customer ended my troubleshooting by taking a chisel to the touch screen.

I may switch to the fixed price selection list as this gets away from stop problems (and customers failing to press it). Seems to bring more $$ anyway.

The VPOS control signals are typically +5vdc type (some input lines can be pulled up to +12vdc with a resistor). To interact with 24vac switching, you need to add relays.

I have Dixmor6 and 6s units that use 24vac logic. It appears that Dixmor 7 allows for direct connection to VPOS. Wish I had selected the 7 series but I would have had to re-machine my box face plates.
Customer STOP buttom modification

Attachments

hkozlovsky

Reaction score
Hi All.

If you bought through a Nayax Authorized OEM (Manufacturer) or Distributor, you have access to our dedicated OEM /Distributor Car Wash support team for any of your how tos or questions. Please ask your distributor or reach out to me for more information or to assist in any way.
All the best,

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax Harry@nayax.com
410-302-9015

Scrubhub

Reaction score
Hi All.

If you bought through a Nayax Authorized OEM (Manufacturer) or Distributor, you have access to our dedicated OEM /Distributor Car Wash support team for any of your how tos or questions. Please ask your distributor or reach out to me for more information or to assist in any way.
All the best,

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax Harry@nayax.com
410-302-9015
[/QUOTE
I have been on the phone with my distributor ten times this week and they said it cant be done. So far all these people have provided me more help than Nayax and my distributor.

Scrubhub

Reaction score
I have been on the phone with my distributor ten times this week and they said it cant be done. So far all these people have provided me more help than Nayax and my distributor.

Keno

Reaction score
Hey there, what settings do you have setup for the external stop. I have tried almost everything and cant get it to work. What do you use for the door switch state interger?
The configuration for an external stop button was posted already earlier in this thread. I can confirm it works, as I used this to add my external stop buttons and it works flawless.

Scrubhub

Reaction score
The configuration for an external stop button was posted already earlier in this thread. I can confirm it works, as I used this to add my external stop buttons and it works flawless.

I tried this and its still not working, I'm not sure what to put in the door switch state box.

Keno

Reaction score
I tried this and its still not working, I'm not sure what to put in the door switch state box.
Which attribute is that? It isn't needed for the external stop button as far as I know. As I said, I am using the configuration in that post and can confirm it definitely works. Those 2 attributes are all I changed and wired in the momentary switch as shown and it worked.