What's new

The Nayax problems and info sticky.

Carwashking

Reaction score
Got my Nayax readers installed on my Ginsan doors. They look great and work well but I can't get the external stop button to kill the credit card count up charge. I have the Green door open wire from the nayax on one side of the switch and the brown and gray "ground" wires on the other side. This should short to ground when pressed. Is this how everyone else has their buttons wired? Is there a parameter in the Nayax configuration that I am missing to tell it to use that door open signal? Thanks in advance!

Lighthouse
Have Nayax turn off screen stop and they have to activate the external stop on their end.

Supwash

Reaction score
Just an FYI there is a clear flip cover box u can get from Nayax to keep the reader dry We have had one in use for over a year in a ss and 0 issues ( sht i have to run and touch wood now)

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Have Nayax turn off screen stop and they have to activate the external stop on their end.
Except for turning off screen stop, Carwashking’s experience is like mine.

Log On to your Nayax Management.

Vpos Device Features must have Door Open Functionality set to “As Cancel”

And Pulse/ccTalk Increment Source set to Door Open as Cancel”

These settings do not appear to be standard and likely must be added and activated by a Nayax customer service agent. Best to be on site and call them at 8:30 EST to ensure everything gets configured and works properly.

This settings info came from Nayax…I’m not sure if all agents are aware of these capabilities, so be prepared to spend some time on the phone.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Except for turning off screen stop, Carwashking’s experience is like mine.

Log On to your Nayax Management.

Vpos Device Features must have Door Open Functionality set to “As Cancel”

And Pulse/ccTalk Increment Source set to Door Open as Cancel”

These settings do not appear to be standard and likely must be added and activated by a Nayax customer service agent. Best to be on site and call them at 8:30 EST to ensure everything gets configured and works properly.

This settings info came from Nayax…I’m not sure if all agents are aware of these capabilities, so be prepared to spend some time on the phone.

I've looked everywhere for those attributes and can't find them anywhere. I guess you are correct that they have to be enabled by Nayax. Problem is, I've been trying to contact them since last Wednesday.......now 1 week later, still no response. Frustrating tech support, but I like the readers.

Thanks,
Lighthouse

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
UPDATE! Nayax called me back. This is soooooo simple to fix. Click on Operations, machines. Hit search to bring up the list of your bays. Select the one to make a change to. Click the "attributes" tab at the top mid/right side. Under the Group header, select filter and search for Device Features. You are looking for the line that is 417 and 223. Put a check mark next to each of those and then click save. Once this is done, go back to your "general" tab. Expand device features, and then set "door open functionality" to "as cancel". Check that box, do actions update queue, then restart device. Go to your Nayax and enter tech mode and do a poll. Worked like a champ! Hope this helps someone else.

You basically have a huge list of attributes that are not even enabled. Once I knew where to enable it, it was easy to setup.

Thanks,
Lighthouse

washmeclean

Reaction score
I have had Nayax VPOS readers at one of my location for over three years, the readers are in the middle of bay, so they get sprayed all the time. And I have been through my fair share of readers. They don't hold up as well as Cryptopay readers and certainly not as good as Wash Gear, but I was tired of seeing people drive off because they couldn't get Cryptopay readers to work.

I recently, just last week in fact, installed Nayax VPOS readers in place of Cryptopay. I pulled out 14 Cryptopay readers. So now I have a total of 19 Nayax readers. You may wonder why in the world would I deal with all the bs of Nayax readers over Cryptopay, well I see almost twice the amount of sales with Nayax. And no phone calls for pre auth, that get so old.

I think the drive in revenue is the fact that I just give them 6 selection, $3,$5,$10,$15,$20,$25. If they run out of time they buy more. No more pushing the button to add more time or cancel the remaining time. You buy it, its yours. I am shocked at how many people actually buy $25 dollars worth of bay time. It happens a lot more frequently than I would have ever believed. My dad did it as his carwash first and his sales nearly tripled. I resisted, so I installed 4 to test and sure enough my credit card sales went up and I never get calls about it. Nayax has terrible support, their website sucks, but for me at least they make loads more money than Wash Gear or Cryptopay.

With in the first week of installing the new Nayax readers we have seen an increase in sales and not a single call. In fact lot of people have said how much they like it. We also post a sign that says how much time each wash price buys, that really helps. So take this how you will, I have been in the carwash business for 35 years...so just my two cents.
always different experiences you still have the crypto readers

pmullens1985

Reaction score
With nayax can i set let’s say 3 dollar minimum charge and then the machine just runs until they hit stop on the machine so if It goes 9 minutes they are charged for It ?

Keno

Reaction score
With nayax can i set let’s say 3 dollar minimum charge and then the machine just runs until they hit stop on the machine so if It goes 9 minutes they are charged for It ?
Yes, called count up, that's what we run with our nayax

pmullens1985

Reaction score
I just keep reading horror stories with nayax but then will also see people say no we love our machines and they are getting better. Minus their support line seemingly being terrible is It really That bad?

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
I just keep reading horror stories with nayax but then will also see people say no we love our machines and they are getting better. Minus their support line seemingly being terrible is It really That bad?
The support is terrible but all you need them for is the onboarding and adding a new machine. we have had ours working for 5 months now and have good instructions posed and have only had 2 calls about the preauthorization charge. And no issues on the nayax end. Once I got it set up how I wanted it works great

pmullens1985

Reaction score
Everyone’s telling me how horrid getting them hooked into my manual bays are and I’ll never figure It out

Jim64

Reaction score
I love the Nayax processors and yes their customer service is as bad as they say.

Rookie68

Reaction score
I have had Nayax VPOS readers at one of my location for over three years, the readers are in the middle of bay, so they get sprayed all the time. And I have been through my fair share of readers. They don't hold up as well as Cryptopay readers and certainly not as good as Wash Gear, but I was tired of seeing people drive off because they couldn't get Cryptopay readers to work.

I recently, just last week in fact, installed Nayax VPOS readers in place of Cryptopay. I pulled out 14 Cryptopay readers. So now I have a total of 19 Nayax readers. You may wonder why in the world would I deal with all the bs of Nayax readers over Cryptopay, well I see almost twice the amount of sales with Nayax. And no phone calls for pre auth, that get so old.

I think the drive in revenue is the fact that I just give them 6 selection, $3,$5,$10,$15,$20,$25. If they run out of time they buy more. No more pushing the button to add more time or cancel the remaining time. You buy it, its yours. I am shocked at how many people actually buy $25 dollars worth of bay time. It happens a lot more frequently than I would have ever believed. My dad did it as his carwash first and his sales nearly tripled. I resisted, so I installed 4 to test and sure enough my credit card sales went up and I never get calls about it. Nayax has terrible support, their website sucks, but for me at least they make loads more money than Wash Gear or Cryptopay.

With in the first week of installing the new Nayax readers we have seen an increase in sales and not a single call. In fact lot of people have said how much they like it. We also post a sign that says how much time each wash price buys, that really helps. So take this how you will, I have been in the carwash business for 35 years...so just my two cents.
Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge with us. I am 2 years in and after much research have begun going down the cryptopay path. I like the pricing model you describe. I think you are saying when you had count up people would be pissy. Do you mind me asking how much time you give for each dollar amount ?

pmullens1985

Reaction score
Does anyone use nayax machines and have monthly unlimited washes etc setup with them? Where they have an account and just scan and go

Dave K

Reaction score
We are relatively new with Nayax. Once you get through the onboarding I have learned to just call tech support and take the call back option. They do call back and are quite helpful when they do. So far so good, very pleased and customer acceptance is good. Approaching 50% of sales.

pmullens1985

Reaction score
We are relatively new with Nayax. Once you get through the onboarding I have learned to just call tech support and take the call back option. They do call back and are quite helpful when they do. So far so good, very pleased and customer acceptance is good. Approaching 50% of sales.
How long was onboarding for you? Tomorrow I’ll be at almost 20 business days. Seems pretty long. Just curious. They told me 7-10 days

Dave K

Reaction score
How long was onboarding for you? Tomorrow I’ll be at almost 20 business days. Seems pretty long. Just curious. They told me 7-10 days
I screwed up my initial request so I am not representative. But it was a while and maddening. I bought my initial unit from Kleen-rite, and it took a call to Kleen-rite to get anyone to call me back. Just when I think I have a usable contact they seem to disappear, I think they are just overwhelmed. But the units work well and if I need help I just leave a call back request on their automated answering system and so far so good. Get a tech guy on the line and they are very helpful.

Reaction score
With this being such a common topic I decided to make a video on my setup. This is specific to Dixmor LED7 but to put it simply hook reds(2) to hot, blacks(2) to common, and Dark Green (Pulse 1) to dixmor White w/ Black stripe and your in business.