What's new

Switching to count up.

OurTown

Reaction score
you can change your count up to round up or down at a .05 cent interval from .25 Just contact Cryptopay and let them know you want to do this. You do need to be using a Dixmor LED 7 (I think) You will also have to make a change on your LED7 programming as well. It’s been a few years since I did this, so I forget the setting without being in front of an LED 7. A Cryptopay tech should be able to tell you the setting. In the end depending on how much you process, this could save a decent amount of $. As we all know in the self service business, Quarters, or in this case nickels can really add up. ;-)
Interesting. I did not know that and will contact them.

Twodose

Reaction score
you can change your count up to round up or down at a .05 cent interval from .25 Just contact Cryptopay and let them know you want to do this.
I talked to cryptopay TS and whoever I talked to at first said it should not give the "free" 30 seconds, only to check with someone else and come back to say "that is the way it works", is the only answer I got.

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
According to Cryptopay what AZcarwashman said is correct. The pulse value needs to be changed from $.25 to $.05 in the timer and then they need to change it on their end. (right away before anyone uses it) I did some math and it doesn't add up to much money but I still might do it.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
I talked to cryptopay TS and whoever I talked to at first said it should not give the "free" 30 seconds, only to check with someone else and come back to say "that is the way it works", is the only answer I got.
I haven’t a clue what that person was talking about. My system always rounds to the nearest .05. I have a $3 minimum charge and my sites are $3 for 5 minutes. Nothing is ever free. When I view my site analytics, the cents side is always in .05 increments unlike before I changed when it was .25 cent. Customers can’t get the round down by whole .25 anymore when the seconds are just under the 30 second increment etc.

Etowah

Twodose

Reaction score
With Cryptopay, I set it to $2.50 for 3:30 min, 25,21,10,10,100,0 from coin value to bonus time on led 7.
I was at $2.00 for 4 minutes.

If you put in $2.50 in quarters it will count down from 3:30 min to 0 for $2.50 and stop, if you swipe a CC with the same settings with count up, it will count up 4 minutes and charge $2.50, if you stop at 4:01 minutes it will charge $2.75.

I’m trying to get a price increase from $2 to $2.50 on startup for 4 minutes, but I don’t want to give any additional time for “free” which is happining with Cryptopay.

Using Cryptopay the customer is getting an additional 30 seconds which can be a great selling point if you have to try to explain the difference between using a CC verses using cash, prompting them to use the CC and possibly use this as a selling point to use the CC which you hope they will bypass the 4:30 mark and use more time.

Last edited:

Twodose

Reaction score
After setting here for along time, it takes to 4:15 for cyyptopay to charge for the extra .25, so there must be some lag time on the internet for about 15 sec before your customers are charged for the extra .25, Sorry, I did more in dept transactions and don't want to lead anyone in the wrong direction. I stopped at 4:01 to 4:15, and it took till 4:15 till it charged the extra .25, so their must be some lag time on the internet, of course there is, but 15 seconds, so redo my math by 1/2.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
You are aware that you can set the cash time in the timer different from the Cryptopay settings, right?

MEP001

Reaction score
That's why I mentioned either dropping the time or increasing the startup charge in Cryptopay, so once they enter a chunk of time it's already charged.

Twodose

Reaction score
That's why I mentioned either dropping the time or increasing the startup charge in Cryptopay, so once they enter a chunk of time it's already charged.
I see what you mean, that does work, I thought the configuration settings for the cryptopay had to be the same as what was on the timer, so that does fix the problem and most that I said above can be disregarded, but it seems odd that you would have to set it up that way.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
It seems odd to me too - I'm most familiar with Hamilton's D.A.N. system which adds the charge for the next increment as soon as it's reached, not after it's used up.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
We finally bought the dixmor timers, and are just waiting new signs & to finish up mounting brackets for them. I wanted to ask if anyone can help with the settings I need to make the timer work the same on cash. Our customers are used to the deal that they get 12 minutes for $5. Do I just make it so that when the timer gets 20 pulses, or a $5 from the bill changer, they get 2 bonus minutes?

Making sure I am thinking about that correctly.

Attachments

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
I have had all of these programmed, and we finally got the graphics to install them. Last question, what monetary value do you assign a credit card swipe? I am guess $3 since that is what we require for a credit card to start.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
I am 4.00 cash 5.00 minimum for credit cards
I noticed the monetary value of the CC would only go to $2.50. I left it at $0.25. Does this matter since we are using count up, and we set the swipe value on the CC reader?

Etowah