What's new

Switching to count up.

MEP001

Reaction score
I noticed the monetary value of the CC would only go to $2.50. I left it at $0.25. Does this matter since we are using count up, and we set the swipe value on the CC reader?
The pulse setting for CC is only used for count-down.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
you can change your count up to round up or down at a .05 cent interval from .25 Just contact Cryptopay and let them know you want to do this. You do need to be using a Dixmor LED 7 (I think) You will also have to make a change on your LED7 programming as well. It’s been a few years since I did this, so I forget the setting without being in front of an LED 7. A Cryptopay tech should be able to tell you the setting. In the end depending on how much you process, this could save a decent amount of $. As we all know in the self service business, Quarters, or in this case nickels can really add up. ;-)
FYI for those that want to get to .05 intervals rather than .25....

I chatted with Cryptopay to ask them if they could do this for me, explained my current pricing/time given and he said NO PROBLEM. He said I would need to change two settings in the timer then he would change it on their end and I would be good. I went to my one site, changed all the timers and contacted Crypto via chat again to make their changes but got another tech only to be told "not gonna work". Had I really thought about it, I could have saved myself over an hour of wasted time. To do this, your time per quarter needs to be divisible by 5. We are 3.5 minutes for $3 which is 17.5 seconds per quarter which we have to round up to 18 seconds/qtr on the LED6 ( customer gets 3:36). You can't divide 18 by 5 so it's not doable. The first tech told me to set the cc coin value to .05 and time per coin to 3 seconds which works out to $3/3 minutes in my case, shortchanging my customers 30 seconds. The take away, beware of taking tech support's advice at face value and do the math yourself.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
People are getting dumber, not smarter. I finally was able to talk to a customer who said he got ripped off by my credit card system. I asked him to explain to me what he did and he said he swiped his card and waited for it to count up to the amount he wanted to spend and then pressed the button. Then he said your bay didn't turn on! He wasn't kidding, after watching my video he stood in front of that timer watching it just scroll away charging his card, then pressed the button and then grabbed the gun. That whole time he stood there the foam brush was foaming away on the wall! I don't get it?

OurTown

Reaction score
People are getting dumber, not smarter. I finally was able to talk to a customer who said he got ripped off by my credit card system. I asked him to explain to me what he did and he said he swiped his card and waited for it to count up to the amount he wanted to spend and then pressed the button. Then he said your bay didn't turn on! He wasn't kidding, after watching my video he stood in front of that timer watching it just scroll away charging his card, then pressed the button and then grabbed the gun. That whole time he stood there the foam brush was foaming away on the wall! I don't get it?

We have had many similar situations like that in just the few months we have been count up. What are we supposed to do with these people?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FYI for those that want to get to .05 intervals rather than .25....

I chatted with Cryptopay to ask them if they could do this for me, explained my current pricing/time given and he said NO PROBLEM. He said I would need to change two settings in the timer then he would change it on their end and I would be good. I went to my one site, changed all the timers and contacted Crypto via chat again to make their changes but got another tech only to be told "not gonna work". Had I really thought about it, I could have saved myself over an hour of wasted time. To do this, your time per quarter needs to be divisible by 5. We are 3.5 minutes for $3 which is 17.5 seconds per quarter which we have to round up to 18 seconds/qtr on the LED6 ( customer gets 3:36). You can't divide 18 by 5 so it's not doable. The first tech told me to set the cc coin value to .05 and time per coin to 3 seconds which works out to $3/3 minutes in my case, shortchanging my customers 30 seconds. The take away, beware of taking tech support's advice at face value and do the math yourself.
why not change your start up price to $3 for 3 min?

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
why not change your start up price to $3 for 3 min?
Thats the decision I need to make before the end of the year. Definitely going to a dollar a minute, just need to decide if my start up price will be $3 or $4.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
We finally installed these, needed the right rainy day and time to do it. Avg $ spend per customer has gone up about $1.50-$1.75. Wish we did this sooner. Thanks everyone for all of the information.