What's new

Switching to count up.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
We just recently found out about the count up method, and is something we want to switch our 5 SS bays to. We already have Cryptopay on our Ginsan Ultimate Touchtron, but they had the GS-400 Timers. Has anyone switched these out themselves to the Dixmor LED6 or LED7? Is there one that is better then the other, and is there anything else that needs to get switched in converting the timers?

We want to make sure we have all our bases covered before we start the transition. I have new signs in the works, and stickers so that our repeat customers are aware of the change. Any advice is appreciated.

mac

Reaction score
Yes I did it and had the exact same setup. Your gross will increase at least 50%, maybe 100%. When you order the Dixmores get their remote to start the bays. Great for washing down the bay and giving customers some free time.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've had some troubles with the LED6 timer displays failing, which they will repair under warranty, but the LED6 has the ability to count up in money while the LED7 will only count up time.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Yes I did it and had the exact same setup. Your gross will increase at least 50%, maybe 100%. When you order the Dixmores get their remote to start the bays. Great for washing down the bay and giving customers some free time.
That much of an increase would be awesome! Definitely going to get those on order. Did they fit right into the Ginsan board, or did you have to get the mounting brackets as well?

Also, couldn't you just use your crypto pay attendant card to start them?

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
I've had some troubles with the LED6 timer displays failing, which they will repair under warranty, but the LED6 has the ability to count up in money while the LED7 will only count up time.
Thanks for that info. I didn't realized the LED7 wasn't able to count up in Money, which is what we were leaning toward since it seems like it will make more sense to the customers.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've mounted LED6 timers in place of GinSan displays. I prefer to use the regular mounting shelf bracket and drill two holes and tap them, but only partially tapped, then cut some #6 threaded rod or long screws and using red Loctite I force the homemade stud into the hole. You'd want to practice on something so you know how deep to tap and get the stud to be tight in the hole without just screwing through. This will leave a mounting stud inside. I've also tried a screw from outside with a dab of JB Weld, then grinding off the screw head, but it's a lot harder to get right, and you have to replace the decal vs. leaving two tiny holes.

The timer isn't wide enough to cover the opening, so I order cut pieces of red plexiglass from TAP Plastics. Don't order online though, their ordering system doesn't work right. Just call and place your order.

OurTown

Reaction score
That much of an increase would be awesome! Also, couldn't you just use your crypto pay attendant card to start them?
Don't get too excited because we just did this a few weeks ago and have not seen an increase yet.

Yes you can use the attendant cards to start the bays. We punched a hole in the corner and attached it to one of those retractable key holders so it is always handy.

MEP001

Reaction score
Don't get too excited because we just did this a few weeks ago and have not seen an increase yet.
You should see some improvement, it just might take a while. Are your customers adjusting to and understanding the change?

OurTown

Reaction score
You should see some improvement, it just might take a while. Are your customers adjusting to and understanding the change?

Most are but we have had five drive offs so far that we know of. We were there for two of them and of course we stopped it.

Jsshac

Reaction score
Have you programmed the timer to say PRESS FLASHING GREEN BUTTON WHEN FINISHED? I did this and it did help if scrolls it when running a credit card charge

Jsshac

Reaction score
Can this be done with the remote?
Also is says up to 31 characters and message is 43?
I have never done it with the remote. I use LED6 and that’s the message I use

OurTown

Reaction score
Can this be done with the remote?
Also is says up to 31 characters and message is 43?

The manual needs updating because our LED7s can have way more than 31 characters. I'm guessing 64. We programmed ours to say:

Press Flashing Button To Stop!

We are considering a stop decal on the swiper next to the button. Yesterday a guy came to get me right after he started the bay and show me that the credit card just keeps getting charged more and more. It was like he thought it would never end. Count up is a foreign concept for most people but they like it so much better after understanding it.