What's new

New autocashier

DavidM

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a EMV (chip) reader that doesn't require the customer to select CC on the screen? As far as I know, this has more to do with the EMV readers than it does Hamilton or anyone else. I was just at a car wash with DRB and it was the same. It also isn't that much of an issue. I know some people will find a way to struggle with anything but I'm not sure this is a deal breaker.

Autowarn

Reaction score
I honestly would recommend the Wash Select from Unitec. It is tilted toward the customer, helping with mist from the bay, and it is easy to navigate. Unfortunately, a common problem is people stealing the buttons and the lights going out.

Autowarn

Reaction score
I honestly don't know. It happed near us. I think it's supposed to be an act of vandalism... IMG_20210213_171412687_HDR.jpg

DavidM

Reaction score
They are arcade buttons, you can get a six pack on Amazon for about $10. I haven't heard of this being a common problem.

Autowarn

Reaction score
They are arcade buttons, you can get a six pack on Amazon for about $10. I haven't heard of this being a common problem.
I completely forgot about that! But that is a good solution.

Brianjmartin

Reaction score
Thats good you guys are figuring out the tap to pay issue. The bigger problem is the dip swipe for transaction flow. Everyday I catch people trying to use there card and can't get it to work and some will switch to cash but some will also just leave frustrated. Doesn't leave a good impression on new customers. I definitely lose washes because of this everyday. I don't know how many because I'm not there 24/7. The paystation should be simple to use and customer friendly. Customers shouldn't have to click whether there paying by cash or credit for the card reader to be activated. I know the older HTK without the ingenico card reader never had that problem and a card can be swiped at any time. Hope this gets resolved soon.

I agree with this. Just because we are smart enough to follow on screen instructions, doesn't mean that many customers are. As a software developer myself, Quite honestly, the UIs should be designed intentionally for the dumbest of users, predicting in advance how they might behave in order to avoid frustration. Frustrated customers, even if its their fault, not only loses us sales, but also occasionally leads to damaged equipment.

Expat

Reaction score
I agree with this. Just because we are smart enough to follow on screen instructions, doesn't mean that many customers are. As a software developer myself, Quite honestly, the UIs should be designed intentionally for the dumbest of users, predicting in advance how they might behave in order to avoid frustration. Frustrated customers, even if its their fault, not only loses us sales, but also occasionally leads to damaged equipment.
I'll reiterate this again - we (Hamilton) cannot determine when the reader activates. We are at the whim of Worldpay's TriPOS software, and the dip ahead functionality was not delivered to us in their most recent development sprint despite being in the scope of work.

Sonny's and DRB have a very similar issue (and I assume Micrologic and Washify as well), except they use Datacap which requires the user to press the tiny green button on the reader to verify the charge amount.

Brianjmartin

Reaction score
I'll reiterate this again - we (Hamilton) cannot determine when the reader activates. We are at the whim of Worldpay's TriPOS software, and the dip ahead functionality was not delivered to us in their most recent development sprint despite being in the scope of work.

Sonny's and DRB have a very similar issue (and I assume Micrologic and Washify as well), except they use Datacap which requires the user to press the tiny green button on the reader to verify the charge amount.
It's the little things...haha. I am sure it will get done...great to know its on the current sprint roadmap for them. By the time I am ready to start my cashless endeavor, I am sure this will be an issue of the past. :)

Expat

Reaction score
It's the little things...haha. I am sure it will get done...great to know its on the current sprint roadmap for them. By the time I am ready to start my cashless endeavor, I am sure this will be an issue of the past. :)
It will be, unfortunately we just have no idea when. Unattended terminals have certainly not been given much love since the liability shift in 2015!

Jim64

Reaction score
had a new Hamilton Commander installed last week and so far I really like it

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
are you using it in a iba? or tunnel.
Late reply but I have 2 in my IBA site and running monthly subscriptions and I have another 2 coming for my tunnel.

They've been in about 2 months now and I have nothing but good things to report. EASY for the customers to use. Very easy for the upsell to month subscriptions from the teller. Easy for me operate. The MEI bill recycler is a gem.

It's designed and built off the Linux operating system so right off the bat it's leaps and bounds ahead of many of the other more technologically advanced tellers

slash007

Reaction score
Late reply but I have 2 in my IBA site and running monthly subscriptions and I have another 2 coming for my tunnel.

They've been in about 2 months now and I have nothing but good things to report. EASY for the customers to use. Very easy for the upsell to month subscriptions from the teller. Easy for me operate. The MEI bill recycler is a gem.

It's designed and built off the Linux operating system so right off the bat it's leaps and bounds ahead of many of the other more technologically advanced tellers
How have your monthly membership sales been so far?