What's new

New autocashier

Expat

Reaction score
Thats good you guys are figuring out the tap to pay issue. The bigger problem is the dip swipe for transaction flow. Everyday I catch people trying to use there card and can't get it to work and some will switch to cash but some will also just leave frustrated. Doesn't leave a good impression on new customers. I definitely lose washes because of this everyday. I don't know how many because I'm not there 24/7. The paystation should be simple to use and customer friendly. Customers shouldn't have to click whether there paying by cash or credit for the card reader to be activated. I know the older HTK without the ingenico card reader never had that problem and a card can be swiped at any time. Hope this gets resolved soon.
I understand, but again this is beyond our control as it is Worldpay's software. The last thing we want to do is add steps to the process, but we have tried to help as much as possible with on-screen animations, audio, and text help.

Blanco

Reaction score
In the post before your last post you said you were going to talk to your engineers about the transaction flow. The transaction flow is a world pay issue? If so maybe you guys should look at a different card reader or payment processing company to use since its been two years. Don't get me wrong I love my HTK and Commander (besides hopper capacity). But my only regrets about them is the transaction flow. Watching a customer struggle to use a CC back up and leave when there are 10 or so cars in line because they can not figure out how to use a CC sets off a chain reaction of customers leaving. The transaction flow needs to be fixed. Accepting money should not be difficult. Especially after paying the prices car wash owners pay for new machines.

Kolbyskarwash

Reaction score
There is a $200.00 monthly fee for the app, but that covers unlimited sites. And unlike third party hacks, we don't take a cut of your revenue. It's a well-rounded app that has a wide range of features to meet the needs of pretty much any market or customer, so you don't have to limit yourself just to monthly memberships.

Like anything though, an operator needs to be somewhat engaged with it if they want an effective ROI. We provide a lot of complimentary support, tutorials, and marketing assistance to anyone who isn't familiar with how to manage an app program.

As far as overspray on the Commander, there should not be any issues. The screen cutout has been designed so that spray cannot pool and interfere with the touch sensors, same as the HTK/CTK.
Have you got any information on the LPR features?

Expat

Reaction score
In the post before your last post you said you were going to talk to your engineers about the transaction flow. The transaction flow is a world pay issue? If so maybe you guys should look at a different card reader or payment processing company to use since its been two years. Don't get me wrong I love my HTK and Commander (besides hopper capacity). But my only regrets about them is the transaction flow. Watching a customer struggle to use a CC back up and leave when there are 10 or so cars in line because they can not figure out how to use a CC sets off a chain reaction of customers leaving. The transaction flow needs to be fixed. Accepting money should not be difficult. Especially after paying the prices car wash owners pay for new machines.
I wish it was as easy as just picking a different credit card solution but you have no idea how complex and convoluted the EMV certification is 🙃 We were the first company in the industry to deploy chip readers in the field in 2015, but the solution we had then was not meeting our expectations so we switched to the Ingenico reader. Again, it's just unfortunate how complex the process is. We definitely didn't choose to make the flow what it is today.

cooll903

Reaction score
cooll903 Do you have a Unitec? If so do you like it?
i had a portal ti but, a guy named todd left a bad taste for their business practices. i could never get the credit card reader to work and they would not help me so i had to throw it away and buy another paystation. FYI todd, if you are reading this Hamilton owes you a steak dinner for being seller of the year. todd does not work for hamilton. been happy with my choice. better company deal with now. but if i did get it to work, i would of loved it other than the 2 grand a year in fees that you HAVE to pay period.

soonermajic

Reaction score
i had a portal ti but, a guy named todd left a bad taste for their business practices. i could never get the credit card reader to work and they would not help me so i had to throw it away and buy another paystation. FYI todd, if you are reading this Hamilton owes you a steak dinner for being seller of the year. todd does not work for hamilton. been happy with my choice. better company deal with now. but if i did get it to work, i would of loved it other than the 2 grand a year in fees that you HAVE to pay period.
Ok, so what you use now,& why'd you switch? Wth is Todd, & what's he got to do w/ the Portal Ti, or Hiltom, or WSII?
My GoldLine has few problems, outside of occasional batching & the EIC went out. I had a WSll & had nearly zero problems as well.

cooll903

Reaction score
i was just venting about this todd dude. so never mind that really. i did have a portal ti and it was great but with issues with me and this todd dude is why i could never get the credit card stuff to work and had to scrap it. i now have a Hamilton HTK from 2016 and i like it. still not too crazy about the customer having to do all the selections then put in the credit card for it to take the card but they are working on the issue as i have been told.

washallday

Reaction score
I have three goldline and had them for over 15 years. They run like a champ and the tech service people are great. I didn't like the fact they stopped making the sta validators. I would be willing to pay more for them then to us the new style. When I replace these I will be sticking to Hamilton.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Expat, I have a various older paystations inlcuding ACW's, Goldlines, and WSII's which have all been workhorses. We also have two aging Portals (2006 or 2007) which are giving us lots of trouble lately. Looking for a replacement and stumbled onto the Commander which I wasn't even aware you came out with until this thread. Anyway, it sounded great until Krispy Klean started explaining this clumsy transaction flow. Where can I find detailed information and pricing on the unit and features? I've been on your site and all the downloadable files for the commander generate a message saying 'file-not-found'?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
That Hamilton looks nice. I've been considering the Dencar. I love the 21" screen and the technology it incorporates ( mostly related to monthly subscriptions ).
How long have those various touchscreens been in use for the public? Can the part where the customer touches be replaced by the car wash operator? I remember when I was visiting with Mike Doyle on the phone about touchscreens & how he wisely said that the ideal touchscreen is set up like the screens on ATMs with "more impervious to vandalism" buttons along side the actual durable screen which serves to provide pertinent "context relevant response" type of information.

Expat

Reaction score
Expat, I have a various older paystations inlcuding ACW's, Goldlines, and WSII's which have all been workhorses. We also have two aging Portals (2006 or 2007) which are giving us lots of trouble lately. Looking for a replacement and stumbled onto the Commander which I wasn't even aware you came out with until this thread. Anyway, it sounded great until Krispy Klean started explaining this clumsy transaction flow. Where can I find detailed information and pricing on the unit and features? I've been on your site and all the downloadable files for the commander generate a message saying 'file-not-found'?
Again - we are bound by the limitations of Worldpay's software when it comes to the transaction flow. It's not honestly difficult nor confusing, the issue (in my opinion) comes from customers having zero attention span and being unwilling to read/listen/see the guidance to pay. We have done all we possible can to help with this, but some people just run on auto pilot. Rest-assured that if there is anything we can do to speed it up, we certainly will!

Apologies for the website issue you ran into - a directory was inadvertently changed, but it has been resolved now so you should be able to download literature. Pricing is $17,995 for everything, and it can be configured as a cashless machine too if you want it that way.

Cheers,
Joe

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
How long have those various touchscreens been in use for the public? Can the part where the customer touches be replaced by the car wash operator? I remember when I was visiting with Mike Doyle on the phone about touchscreens & how he wisely said that the ideal touchscreen is set up like the screens on ATMs with "more impervious to vandalism" buttons along side the actual durable screen which serves to provide pertinent "context relevant response" type of information.
Good question that I haven't thought about. Luckily my area is in a upper scale, higher demographic with literally no vandalism.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
[QUOTE The paystation should be simple to use and customer friendly. Customers shouldn't have to click whether there paying by cash or credit for the card reader to be activated. ][/QUOTE]

This would be a deal breaker for me. I would buy someone else's paystation.

slash007

Reaction score
I use Worldpay with my Unitec TI's and customers don't have to choose cash or card before paying. They just insert either and it starts accepting. I can't imaging asking them to do another step.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I use Worldpay with my Unitec TI's and customers don't have to choose cash or card before paying. They just insert either and it starts accepting. I can't imaging asking them to do another step.
WorldPaybas in Cryptopay? Or what?