What's new

Looking for a Mobile App for Self Serve and IBA

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I signed up for the touch4wash app that a local car wash uses. The signup is simple and pretty painless. It's a super simple interface, but not very sexy. One thing is the GPS actually prevented me from starting the bay while I was not there. I can see both good and bad about that. If I was selling clubs membership and touted it's good for multiple vehicles then the owner of the app would have to be on site to start a wash.

Two things of note: the vacuums have to be hardwired, they do not have a wireless option. Also transactions are not consolidated which means a swipe fee for each device the customer uses.

I texted the local owner of the touch4 wash site, I will let you know if I hear anything.

Last edited:

Good Moody

Reaction score
I can turn the Coinless app on remotely for a customer. Very helpful if there's a jam or a problem with their bill! Customers are AMAZED!! o_O Very sexy feature!
Kim, How long have they been in business , do you know?
I have a self serve with an automatic bay and have been thinking if to offer that form of sales.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Kim, How long have they been in business , do you know?
I have a self serve with an automatic bay and have been thinking if to offer that form of sales.
Coinless was started in 2017 and well funded by Coldwater Capital. Give Coinless a call & demo what they offer. Honestly, the more I learn about Coinless and my customers use it, the more I'm impressed! I talked to a new customer tonight. He approached me when I told him I was the owner and he said the "Coinless app is brilliant!" He raved about how easy it was to setup and use. When I told him "that he's automatically enrolled in our Loyalty Program and would earn a $5 for every $50 spent" he literally threw up his hands and said "what a deal - why would I go anywhere else??" Warms my heart... :love:🤑

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I used their Sign company - Alpha Graphics in Oregon. Originally they came on thin polystyrene that didn't last long on my rough concrete-block walls. I recently replaced them with "diebold" method. Thicker material with metal plate inside. I also added more text to address some common customer questions. Signs & custom are extra.

Attachments

JLanman

Reaction score
I signed up for the touch4wash app that a local car wash uses. The signup is simple and pretty painless. It's a super simple interface, but not very sexy. One thing is the GPS actually prevented me from starting the bay while I was not there. I can see both good and bad about that. If I was selling clubs membership and touted it's good for multiple vehicles then the owner of the app would have to be on site to start a wash.

Two things of note: the vacuums have to be hardwired, they do not have a wireless option. Also transactions are not consolidated which means a swipe fee for each device the customer uses.

I texted the local owner of the touch4 wash site, I will let you know if I hear anything.
Hey Greg,

The location verification can be turned on or turned off, your call on that feature. Let me know if I can help.

TheCluelessWasher

Reaction score
Hi Kimberly,

I have seen and appreciated several of your posts on the forums. I am particularly interested in your posts about Coinless. I am doing some due diligence on acquiring some self service washes with some in bay autos. I was curious if you had any estimate to the amount your sales have increased as a result of the coinless app?

Good Moody

Reaction score
Hi Kimberly,

I have seen and appreciated several of your posts on the forums. I am particularly interested in your posts about Coinless. I am doing some due diligence on acquiring some self service washes with some in bay autos. I was curious if you had any estimate to the amount your sales have increased as a result of the coinless app?
I didn't move forward with it.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Well, signed up with coinless due to their ability to do WiFi controllers on vacuums but so far have been a bit disappointed in the customer support. The initial order was quick but we had a problem with one controller and I’m stuck in a holding pattern waiting on a replacement and sign proofs for a couple weeks. They are apparently short staffed. Their Concept and product looks good but implementation needs some work. I’ll keep everyone posted

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Well, signed up with coinless due to their ability to do WiFi controllers on vacuums but so far have been a bit disappointed in the customer support. The initial order was quick but we had a problem with one controller and I’m stuck in a holding pattern waiting on a replacement and sign proofs for a couple weeks. They are apparently short staffed. Their Concept and product looks good but implementation needs some work. I’ll keep everyone posted
Not a good sign

I’ve reached out on 2 occasions to Brandon (sp?). Haven’t heard anything back. Scheduled a zoom demo and the call originated from Africa.

What are the next best options? Hopefully Monex develops their app/fleet system

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Well John I can confirm Braden does exist and seems to be a nice guy. We had a lengthy facetime call in an attempt to diagnose the faulty controller. And I've got everything else ready to go except the replacement of one faulty controller and getting the sign proofs. But the slow responses are a bit concerning. He mentioned a "recent shift in staffing" which I translate into someone probably quit. Just a little frustrating to be so close to implementing and not being able to. I think I have a bit of attention deficit disorder and I need to get this project done before the next shiny object distracts me.

MO_Wash

Reaction score
New to the forum and newer to the car wash business. I’ve been leveraging the forum for some time though doing research as my brother and I built a new IBA in our town a bit over a year ago. We went with Cpinless based on my research (largely based on forum threads and online reviews like this one) and the very positive interactions and demos early on. Here’s where we sit today and would love to know how others are doing and what options they may have gone with.

My primary concern after beta testing with friends and family is around the lack of any “wash in use” intelligence with Coinless. Meaning, if you are next in line and the wash is in use and you swipe, it charges you but then nothing happens when the wash opens up. I understand they have a “warning” message but we quickly ran into people waiting in line and swiping them ultimately swiping again and being charged twice. I realize logically you can’t queue up multiple cars but I really didn’t like the fact that it would process payment regardless…negative reviews also point to “being charged for nothing” types of comments. Engaging with Coinless they said they have XX number of sites and customers get used to it. They agreed to put something in their backlog for the first quarter of this year to address. Six weeks or so ago we got word from Braden he was stepping down and after multiple attempts to contact sales, support, anyone we are getting nothing. Not sure what’s going on but we are now all but forced to consider other options…really hoping for good news from them but can’t wait any longer with spring here and pollen around the corner.

We are a smaller town and interested in loyalty, fleet, and some type of membership although our volume probably won’t support unlimited. We have Oasis equipment with a Unitec portal.

thanks in advance

slash007

Reaction score
New to the forum and newer to the car wash business. I’ve been leveraging the forum for some time though doing research as my brother and I built a new IBA in our town a bit over a year ago. We went with Cpinless based on my research (largely based on forum threads and online reviews like this one) and the very positive interactions and demos early on. Here’s where we sit today and would love to know how others are doing and what options they may have gone with.

My primary concern after beta testing with friends and family is around the lack of any “wash in use” intelligence with Coinless. Meaning, if you are next in line and the wash is in use and you swipe, it charges you but then nothing happens when the wash opens up. I understand they have a “warning” message but we quickly ran into people waiting in line and swiping them ultimately swiping again and being charged twice. I realize logically you can’t queue up multiple cars but I really didn’t like the fact that it would process payment regardless…negative reviews also point to “being charged for nothing” types of comments. Engaging with Coinless they said they have XX number of sites and customers get used to it. They agreed to put something in their backlog for the first quarter of this year to address. Six weeks or so ago we got word from Braden he was stepping down and after multiple attempts to contact sales, support, anyone we are getting nothing. Not sure what’s going on but we are now all but forced to consider other options…really hoping for good news from them but can’t wait any longer with spring here and pollen around the corner.

We are a smaller town and interested in loyalty, fleet, and some type of membership although our volume probably won’t support unlimited. We have Oasis equipment with a Unitec portal.

thanks in advance
With Braden gone, I'm not sure whom, if anyone is in charge. I was waiting for the show to see if they had a booth and was hoping for reassurance as I use them at washes and am about to add them to a 5th.

JKWash

Reaction score
I actually started this discussion last year after having a terrible time with Beacon Mobile. After considering all the replies and talking to each company I decided on Touch4Wash. I own 2 washes. Both with 4 self serve and a single IBA at one and two IBAs at another.
I can’t be happier with the equipment, the customer service, the user options, the manager interface, etc. I am not a tech savy guy and everything about this app is user friendly and intuitive.
It has the ability to do: memberships, loyalty programs, fleets, rewards, text messaging, e-mail marketing, time of day pricing, employee time keeping, printed certificates/vouchers, customer refunds, wallet, etc.
Jim at Touch4Wash is incredibly responsive and helpful. I too had a stacking issue on one of my IBAs. The wash (a Water Wizard 2.0) wouldn’t stack and the pay station (Hamilton Gold Line) wouldn’t communicate with the Touch4Wash module. I asked Hamilton for help and they said I needed a stacker. Then they literally told me they wouldn’t help me connect a competitor’s equipment to their machine because they have their own mobile app I should have used. I called Jim and he had a stacker built to my needs and shipped within a couple days. Installed with his over-the-phone assistance and problem solved!
All equipment is of great quality and shipped quickly. Clear installation instructions are provided and Jim is very willing to help with any questions. I’ve been operating the app since early December of last year and have only had one customer call with a question about how to use the app! Thats how user friendly it is! I can start any wash from anywhere. Customers love that when they call about an issue (i.e. a coin jam at the self serve bay) I can just activate the bay for them on the spot. All great feedback from customers too. I’ve not had a negative remark about this app. Let me know if you have any specific questions about it!
I added a picture of the T4W app module and the stacker installed in the Water Wizard and another of the self serve setup.

Attachments

JLanman

Reaction score

thanks in advance
Hey Mo_Wash,

Our system addresses all your points. Let me know if I can help.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
With Braden gone, I'm not sure whom, if anyone is in charge. I was waiting for the show to see if they had a booth and was hoping for reassurance as I use them at washes and am about to add them to a 5th.

Guess I need to figure out how to download or copy my coinless customer database. If this system crashes I have no idea if anyone is there to fix it. That's a shame, It's a slick interface that was easy to install and needs just a little tweaking to be great. Some communication from coinless would be helpful.

Edit to add- Just sent them an email and will you guys know if I get a response.

Last edited:

AquaAce

Reaction score
I signed up with Coinless and installed all of the equipment. Before going live and during my testing phase is when Braden left the organization. I’ve had some minor problems and cannot get ahold of anyone there anymore. Very disappointing.

I’m glad I didn’t role it out to my customers yet. I love their system and how simple it is. The app looks and works great, it’s just the support is not there unfortunately. Hopefully they can turn things around.