What's new

Looking for a Mobile App for Self Serve and IBA

JKWash

Reaction score
Hello all. Does anyone have experience with a mobile app for their wash? I'm looking to compete with the tunnels who are encroaching on our wash. Not sure we want a "membership" program, but would like the mobile app for rewards and loyalty programs. Thanks!

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Contact CoinlessMobile.com. I have a 5 bay SS car wash in Northern California. We have 4 Express Tunnels in each direction around me. We added Coinless in September 2022 and very happy with the results! They offer both Loyalty & Membership programs. We went with Loyalty Program, and setup to give $5 credit when customers spend $50. Customers LOVE the convenience of the app, easy to use! Over 2200 have downloaded it since September 2022 and more sign up each month. Contact me if you want more info. Coinless is also easy to work with and responsive customer service!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Kimberly what is the approximate costs for equipment and monthly fees? I'm looking for a loyalty program for a 4/2 wash

Edit-OK, Reading is fundamental -

$83/month for month to month or $828/year

cashier relay is $599 and SS/Vac relay is $249

I would like to offer a heavily discounted frequent wash loyalty program- like buy 5, get one free, etc.

Last edited:

ShinePro

Reaction score
I have the Hamilton APP
Silver tier on Hosted Solutions for rewards points.

They have ss rewards for the gold tier
But that is the membership tier.
I am up there butt about getting it on the silver - going to call this week to get an update.
As Kimberly said - Customers love the app as its not car specific.
I m kind a partial to Hamilton because they are just 2 hours away.

JKWash

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information on Coinless. They were on our list of possibilities. We spoke with them on Thursday and it seemed like it might be a good solution. I might take you up on that contact after I look into it further. Thanks again.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Kimberly, how much time on a weekly basis are you spending right now managing this app? Does it manage itself pretty well or are you dealing with customer issues on a continual basis?

ETA- What kind of merchant fees as % are you seeing?

Last edited:

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Hi Greg, I spend a minimal amount of time managing the app. It manages itself pretty well. I check the REVIEWS in the app 2x a day, for customer issues. Takes about 5-10 minutes a day. Most feedback is from happy customers giving 5 droplet reviews. Occasionally, I get a 2 or 3 droplet review with a negative comment. On those occasions, I prefer to text customers directly from my work cell phone, so I can attach a photo that clarifies the issue, and have a record. The Coinless app doesn't offer history, or a way to attach photos. Common feedback from customers is confusion over the $15 pre-authorization amount, or they drove out of the bay and forgot to turn off the app. I have 31 HD cameras, so I can confirm any issues. I can easily credit a customer for lost time. With Coinless, I have the information to contact them via phone, email or text for additional information. To reduce common questions, I updated the basic Coinless signs we have posted last month (see attached). Also, I find it helpful to attach any images to remind customers how Coinless works.

Coinless partners with Clover Connect, and their merchant fees are 2.85% + .20 cents / per transaction.
Plus $5 monthly Cardpointe Platform fee (website portal for Clover Connect).

For the month of July, my gross income with Coinless was $3766.40, with 432 transactions. Merchant fees were $198.11. Net income was $3568.29.

Attachments

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Thanks Kimberly for sharing the data. The fees look slightly higher at 5.2% I'm paying 3.9% to Cryptopay

I had the zoom meeting with David at coinless to see the app from the customer's perspective and the software. They have some very nice looking software. I learned they have the ability to offer free vacuums to the IBA customers. I spend close to 1K a year on vacuum tokens so if I could eliminate those that would offset the annual cost. The ability to refund customers via a less clumsy process is nice too.

I could offer both a "not so generous" membership program and a generous loyalty program if I wished. I might try a $30 Monthly membership for $50 in points. That would give the customer three $16 washes every month. For loyalty program maybe 15-20% rewards. Just kicking that around.

I'm primarily interested in loyalty program. I figure I can't compete head to head on value with the express on membership . My cost per car is way too high but my primary concern is throughput is way too low. But if I offer essentially a 20% discount if you buy washes through the loyalty program that's a real value and might help retain the customers.

Is there anyone else I should look at?

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Other things I wanted to share. Coinless uses Cardpointe for their processing. They charge .20/per transaction for ALL credit card transactions, including the ones that are DECLINED. I talked to Coinless yesterday and they suggested reducing my $15 Pre-Authorization to a lesser amount, so more cards are accepted. Though I run the risk of not collecting fully on a car wash. Also, in January Cardpointe charged me $199 for their "annual security bundle fee".

When I was researching mobile payment apps last summer, I also contacted these companies:

Beacon Mobile App
(800) 262-4011 (U.S. and Canada)
https://www.beaconmobile.com/industries/

PayRange App
https://www.payrange.com/

Touch4Wash
612-787-7278
www.touch4wash.com

UWashApp (Wash Card Systems)
651-661-9710
https://www.washloyalty.com

slash007

Reaction score
Kimberly what is the approximate costs for equipment and monthly fees? I'm looking for a loyalty program for a 4/2 wash

Edit-OK, Reading is fundamental -

$83/month for month to month or $828/year

cashier relay is $599 and SS/Vac relay is $249

I would like to offer a heavily discounted frequent wash loyalty program- like buy 5, get one free, etc.
What Pay Station do you use?

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I researched several and chose Coinless. Installed last September. We have 5 wash bays & 5 vacuums that use Coinless. Very happy with my decision and so are my customers!!

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Everwash Platform
855-492-7477
www.everwash.com

I looked at EverWash briefly. From their website and ad, it sounded like they ONLY offer a car wash database that offers memberships NOT app equipment. Here's a quick comparison table that I created last year, comparing the other mobile app options.

COMPANYCOST OF EQUIPMENTPROCESSING COMPANY & CC CHARGESMONTHLY SERVICE FEESNOTES
Beacon Mobile App
3525 Del Mar Heights Road
Suite 981
San Diego, California 92130
(800) 262-4011 (U.S. and Canada)
https://www.beaconmobile.com/industries/

Phone conversation with Steve Simolari 5/27/22
Steve said their devices are designed to work with IBA equipment NOT SS equipment.

He recommended Coinless Mobile app
$399 a month
Coinless Mobile App
3135 Richmond Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
1-801-899-0183
https://www.coinlessmobile.com/

Conversation with Connor Peterson and Braden Hall 5/24/22

Coinslayer 4 (4-gang Wi-Fi Smart Switch with RF Control) uses input 90-250V AC /
5-24V DC

Coinitos (smaller blue devices) use 110-240V or 24-60V DC

Radio signal power = 1mW

Operational range = up to 50 m outdoors (converts to 164’)

COINSLAYER 4 (Up to 4 other services) - $599
COINITO 1 (1 Vacuum or 1 other service) - $249

I have 10 services (5 wash bays & 5 vacuums), and need to purchase:
1 – COINSLAYER $599 each x 1 = $599
6 – COINITO $249 each x 6 = $1494 (1 for each vacuum)
TOTAL $2093
Clover
2.85% + .20 cents / per transaction
(Clover may match current CC fees with USA)

For example - 200 transactions ($2000 / week = $57 in charges + $40 = $97 charges / week
$69 / month with annual subscription ($828 / year). Otherwise, $83 / month ($996 / year)Offer membership plans, Loyalty programs, Fleet programs, Automated marketing, Text marketing, etc.

Bay or vacuum can be turned off remotely
Everwash Platform
855-492-7477
www.everwash.com
From their website and ad, it sounds like they ONLY offer a car wash database that offers memberships NOT app equipment
PayRange
Portland OR
https://www.payrange.com/

Short phone conversation with Steve White 6/14/22 (20 minute appointment)
$29.95 / per device + $20 for harness
$49.95 per device x 10 = $499.50

In-house
3.49% per transaction

For example - 200 transactions ($2000 / week = $69.80 + $2 =
$71.80

1 cent per transaction

For example, 200 transactions would cost extra $2

Customer’s don’t share their email, name or cell #.

Appointment is for 20 phone call, need to schedule another appointment for additional questions.
Touch4Wash
PO Box 805
Normal, IL 61761
612-787-7278
www.touch4wash.com

Phone conversation with Jim (one of the owners) 6/9/22
Each interface supports 4 functions. Since I have 5 bays + 5 vacuums, I would need 3 modules. $500 each x 3

TOTAL $1500

Module is hardwired into the mechanical room.
Jim didn’t say who their processor was. Charges
3.5% + .20 cents / per transaction

For example - 200 transactions ($2000 / week = $70 in charges + $40 = $110 charges / week
$65 / month + 5 cents per transaction (depending on wash size)

For example, 200 transactions would cost extra $10 / week - $40 / month =

$105 / month
Offer membership plans, Loyalty programs, Fleet programs, Automated marketing, Text marketing, etc.

UWashApp
Wash Card Systems
2005 Gateway Circle
Centerville, MN 55038
651-661-9710
https://www.washloyalty.com

Phone conversation with Craig 6/14/22
$395 per device x 10 devices

TOTAL $3950
Washcard
3% + .30 per transaction

For example - 200 transactions ($2000 / week = $60 in charges + $60 = $120 charges / week

Uwash app charges additional 10% per transaction

For example, 200 transactions would cost extra $20 / week x 52 weeks = $1040 / year

Extra $29.95 for onboarding

Offers Fleet accounts, Loyalty Rewards and Memberships.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Kimberly - Thank you for taking the time to post all your experiences and research. I'm considering using Coinless in my SS bays based upon your glowing reviews and seemingly thorough research between all the options.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Etowah

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Kimberly - Thank you for taking the time to post all your experiences and research. I'm considering using Chinless in my SS bays based upon your glowing reviews and seemingly thorough research between all the options.

Thanks again!
You're most welcome! I'm happy to share all my research & feedback with my fellow operators on CWF. My glowing feedback is well-deserved. It's been 11 months since I installed Coinless at my car wash and still VERY satisfied with my decision! The more I use it, the more I love it. Coinless and CardPointe continue to be accessible and responsive as I've had questions. I am NOT a paid spokesman or compensated for my time. If you have any specific questions, please free to send me a DM.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Im leaning heavily yo Touch4Wash. Their pricing has actually came down, & i only need 1 for my IBA.

IS there anyone on here who has used them?

Also have some other cool features, that weren't listed on here. IE: Touch4Wash search, which shows any of their locations, nearby, ability to stack Loyalty's at different sites, etc.

I think a cool App, is just the Offensive weapon needed, to attack Tunnels. I like to have my team playing downhill, not on their heels.

JKWash

Reaction score
I’m also leaning toward Touch4Wash. Looks like it does have far greater capabilities to customize your individual site however you want. I would like to hear from someone who’s used it though.

slash007

Reaction score
Im leaning heavily yo Touch4Wash. Their pricing has actually came down, & i only need 1 for my IBA.

IS there anyone on here who has used them?

Also have some other cool features, that weren't listed on here. IE: Touch4Wash search, which shows any of their locations, nearby, ability to stack Loyalty's at different sites, etc.

I think a cool App, is just the Offensive weapon needed, to attack Tunnels. I like to have my team playing downhill, not on their heels.
Coinless also shows you all other washes around you if you want. You can also stack loyalty if you franchise your sites. You wouldn't want to share with a different wash that is not yours. With Coinless, you could also easily add your vacs in the future since the Coinito uses Wifi.