What's new

Jarvis 320W Scottsdale retrofit LED

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Mike if you want to wait a couple of weeks there is a %30 off sale on dec 13th-14th for $500 purchase code is "bigtoyz"

jprb

Reaction score
Check with Nick Kendall at Sunbelt Car Wash Services. I have purchased several Cree fixtures from them at very competitive prices. They have displayed at the Car Wash Show in the past.

Nick Kendall
Sunbelt Distributing
442 Azalea Road
Mobile, AL 36609
Office: 251-272-5711
E-mail: nick@sunbeltcws.com

JPRB

DJGall

Dirty Dawg
Reaction score
Now that you all have tested these "Jarvis" units for a few years, what are your thoughts? They still the best thing around for replacing Scottsdale 320W metal halides?? Any failures??

Randy

Reaction score
We got about 60 of them installed now and not one problem with them. The best price we got was from a company out of Portland Oregon. The Scottsdale 320watt lights were a PIA!! Best thing we did was to get rid of them and go to the Jarvis LED.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Now that you all have tested these "Jarvis" units for a few years, what are your thoughts? They still the best thing around for replacing Scottsdale 320W metal halides?? Any failures??
I have retrofitted about 8 of the 320 and I also tried one of these. https://www.ledlightingwholesaleinc.com/XBEAM-400-p/xbeam-400.htm These give a lot more light. They are made for Flush, not surface mount but there is an adapter available. The retrofits have been in place for several years. East to do and light is comparable to the 320 Scottsdale.

There is also a 600 W version available. It's great.

soapy

Reaction score
I put 10,000 lumen corn Cobb bulb in a old LSI ceiling fixture recently. I retired the old internals and wired in a regular medium base socket. The bulb is available at home depot for $70 and is equivalent to a 500 watt MH . They have a 3 year warranty and put out 5000k light color.

Bbrutscher

Reaction score
I have retrofitted about 8 of the 320 and I also tried one of these. https://www.ledlightingwholesaleinc.com/XBEAM-400-p/xbeam-400.htm These give a lot more light. They are made for Flush, not surface mount but there is an adapter available. The retrofits have been in place for several years. East to do and light is comparable to the 320 Scottsdale.

There is also a 600 W version available. It's great.
was told had a thread on replacing some old lights with LEDs. The link you have above, would those work for in bay wall mounted lights as well? Purchasing an old 4 bay with 2-3 wall mounted lighted and need an upgrade. Any info you have would be great!
Thanks!

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Anyone using a LED 2x2 ceiling mount fixture that can be attached to a wood surface? The roof at the wash I just bought is wood covered with vinyl siding. I've installed crees before at another wash built like this,, but at this project I'm going to have to deal with an inspector. Many canopy lights are not rated to be attached to a combustible surface. Jarvis makes some that are inexpensive but only put out 5300 lumens.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Greg & others,

LEDs run cooler than other alternative technology it seems. It would be helpful ... if someone logged temps emitting from specific fixtures &/or specific modified fixtures.

MEP001

Reaction score
Anyone using a LED 2x2 ceiling mount fixture that can be attached to a wood surface? The roof at the wash I just bought is wood covered with vinyl siding. I've installed crees before at another wash built like this,, but at this project I'm going to have to deal with an inspector. Many canopy lights are not rated to be attached to a combustible surface. Jarvis makes some that are inexpensive but only put out 5300 lumens.

Surely it would state not to mount it to a wood or other combustible surface if it couldn't be.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The Jarvis X400 states in the instructions to not mount to a combustible surface. I have a wash with identical roof (vinyl over wood) and installed Crees last year. At that time I called Cree's tech support department and said the housing will get up to 180 degrees. I mounted them and have had zero problems. So, I'm not worried. However, I'm afraid I'll be scrutinized by the inspector. Perhaps nothing to worry about but don't like the idea of having to replace 25 canopy lights.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The Jarvis X400 states in the instructions to not mount to a combustible surface.
I bought the X400 and needed to mount to a concrete surface which was an issue because it is not made for flush mount. The bottom protrudes upward. Found out make a collar / flange for this type of mounting. Perhaps that is how it can be mounted to combustible surface.