What's new

Jarvis 320W Scottsdale retrofit LED

vinh

Reaction score
I been very interested in installing these LED to replace my Scottsdale. Prices has gone down to $199 with free shipping over $500. Anyone has installed these yet? The specs says they give 11,050 lumens and uses 103W. 5 year warranty. Other brands or $300 and above. They are Chicago base company supposedly. There installation video looks easy.

http://www.jarvislights.com/spec-sheets/SCRTSeries.pdf

BBE

Reaction score
We just installed and converted one of our 320w scottsdales with one of these last week. Incredibly easy from what I hear, and it looks great! We bought one just to try it out, but will now probably think about going through and converting all of them.

vinh

Reaction score
Excellent. I will go ahead and order 5 to do my own test. Post pics if you can to show the difference. These led kit have only four big diodes while others have 16 or more smaller diodes. Don't know if this technology is better.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I been very interested in installing these LED to replace my Scottsdale. Prices has gone down to $199 with free shipping over $500. Anyone has installed these yet? The specs says they give 11,050 lumens and uses 103W.
http://www.jarvislights.com/spec-sheets/SCRTSeries.pdf
If elec cost .10 per KWH you save about .022 per hour (2.2 Cents) For easy calculation figure 12 hours a day or 25 cents a day or $90.00 a year. about a 2 year payback - Not bad. Let us know the light out put comaprison with a real world test.

These are for the recessed mount. Have to check out if they have them for surface mount.

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

BBE

Reaction score
If elec cost .10 per KWH you save about .022 per hour (2.2 Cents) For easy calculation figure 12 hours a day or 25 cents a day or $90.00 a year. about a 2 year payback - Not bad. Let us know the light out put comaprison with a real world test.

These are for the recessed mount. Have to check out if they have them for surface mount.
The one that we converted was a surface mount. Worked great. We asked ahead of time if it would work with the surface mount as well, and were told that it would.

Kevin James

Reaction score
We converted one wash over to the Jarvis 320W Scottsdale retrofit LED. They are absolutely awesome, they seem to be just as bright as the 320w lights they replaced. The 320W Scottsdale lights are a pain in the A$$, they need to be serviced about every 18 months, new capacitors and bulbs. Let’s see how long these will last.

vinh

Reaction score
Let's hope they gurantee their warranty if it fails within 5 years. Better yet,let's hope they do not go out of business.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I installed one to try. I installed it in a surface mount and it was stupid simple. I did not even have to remove the MH "guts". Mike at Jarvis provided excellent service. I will be looking to do more. I also have some Spero fixtures that I think I can use these in. You could use these in many applications. Shoot... you could put these into your "homemade" box.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
FWIW I replaced 400 W MH in my Tunnel with 150W LED From KR. Same Tunnel also has 320 W Scottsdales. the 150 W appear to illuminate much better than the 320 W. Scottsdales. If you look at specs this would not appear to be the case, but it is.
Earl & others,

I am thinking the explanation for this actual better illumination is that lumens are more directional than with the Scottdale bulb that is possibly not accounting for its lumens that they are not admitting are not effectively reaching the target areas the same as the more directional LED fixture. It would be nice if an impartial operator besides myself would have a reliable light meter that could make verifying the effective lumens possibly a bit more precise. Also it seems like by using a good light meter ... it provides another data point to actually see how the significant less lumens after years go by compares with the variety of fixtures on the market. The idea is ... if you will ... a way for us to be better guinea pigs for each other & better testers for the distributors & manufacturers!

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html

MEP001

Reaction score
Earl & others,

I am thinking the explanation for this actual better illumination is that lumens are more directional than with the Scottdale bulb
Are you thinking that because I've brought it to your attention so many times in the past when you've claimed that your lower wattage LEDs appear brighter than the same rated fluorescents?

vinh

Reaction score
The next question is whether to do new LED installation when the current light fixtures go out or do the whole wash at a time. I do have the capital to do the whole wash but not sure the timing is right with lower prices in the future. The faster one deploys the LED quicker the savings.

This is the website I bought my JARVIS. They price matched the $199 price for me. They have a lot of different brands and will give me bigger discount when I buy 100 to do rest of the washes.

http://www.shineretrofits.com/jarvi...watt-hid-gas-station-canopy-retrofit-kit.html

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The next question is whether to do new LED installation when the current light fixtures go out or do the whole wash at a time. I do have the capital to do the whole wash but not sure the timing is right with lower prices in the future. The faster one deploys the LED quicker the savings.

http://www.shineretrofits.com/jarvi...watt-hid-gas-station-canopy-retrofit-kit.html
I have been doing mine as the lights fail. The savings isn't that great. (Especially because i am typically replacing entire fixtures at $450 each) Perhaps 4 plus year payback so I don't feel like it's that big an incentive.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Earl, from the naked eye it is at least equal to the 320w mh in the Scottsdale.

BCWS

Reaction score
A word of caution regarding LED lights... they do not perform well in hot environments. Higher temperatures reduce light output and also affect the life of the LED bulbs. A 2 year payback is great but if you have to replace the fixtures every 2-3 years it's not a great investment.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
A word of caution regarding LED lights... they do not perform well in hot environments. Higher temperatures reduce light output and also affect the life of the LED bulbs. A 2 year payback is great but if you have to replace the fixtures every 2-3 years it's not a great investment.
How hot is hot? Going on a couple of years in my Chicago Tunnel . So far no issues.

Kevin James

Reaction score
The 103 watt retrofit fixture puts out plenty bright, 11,050 lumens of light. I don’t see why you’d need a 140 watt fixture.