What's new

Jarvis 320W Scottsdale retrofit LED

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The 103 watt retrofit fixture puts out plenty bright, 11,050 lumens of light. I don’t see why you’d need a 140 watt fixture.
I answer thusly. Years ago replaced (4) old 400W MH with the 320 Scottsdales at my exit. Saved 20% on electricity and it was an improvement.

Later replaced more 400W MH with 150W LED from KR. in the tunnel. Did 2 as an experiment. Saved 62% on electricity and it was an improvement so I replaced 6 more. Now, by comparison the 320W Scottsdale look like they need to be replaced.

So, yes I could save $60.00 or so per retro kit. Have the equivelent or maybe better. However, over the life of the fixtures (Hopefuly) the aded cost will be nominal and the extra utility cost will be worth it.

vinh

Reaction score
Installed two Jarvis retrofit LED this weekend. It was very easy. Took about 30 mins each. The lights looks amazing. It is Brighter than my 320W metal halide. I will start tO replace with these JARVIS IN THE future.

vinh

Reaction score
I check the link is good. Can someone post a message if they could see it. Thanks

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I check the link is good. Can someone post a message if they could see it. Thanks
Your link works fine and the light looks great.

I actually bought the same light along with a 140w Jarvis to try out. I got the 103W Scottsdale retrofit installed and wasn't quite sold on it. During the day it didn't quite look as bright as the others (which are 250w in a housing almost identical to the Scottsdale). Last night I was finally able to get to the wash and see it first hand and it is without a doubt brighter. I can't wait to install the 140W one.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you're using Chrome, right-click the picture, select "Copy image URL" and paste it using the Insert Image button.

vinh

Reaction score
Second Picture

Here is another pic of my second Jarvis 103 W installation. 320W MH is on the left vac island. Jarvis 103W on right vac island. You can see the shadow that is created by the bright light of Jarvis lighting over the Scottsdale lighted area.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4XfN545anVxVVFqVl9meVIyN3c/view?usp=sharing

I currently have two 320W MH in the bays. Next I will see if one Jarvis 103W can light the bay by itself instead of two. That will be some savings.

Last edited:

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I agree, the right side looks just slightly brighter, however, if that's the case, he's getting about the same amount of light at 1/3 the wattage.

What's the brand of material used for your ceiling?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Vinh.
Are these flush or surface mount Scottsdales?

vinh

Reaction score
Sorry guys. The right is the Jarvis light. These are flush mount.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Have a tunnel with 2 320W Scottsdales that need Ballasts. Will try the Jrvis and see how they compare.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Here is a video of the tunnel. Video is taken thru walkway windows. It shows some 150W LSIs that I have been using to replace my old lights with a comparison to a 320 W Scottsdale and some 400 W in place. I really don't think the video shows how much better the light is.

In another tunnel I put in 2 140W kits in Scottsdales and was going to take video of that as well but daylight thru the windows made it seem as though there was little difference. My manager says it's really noticeable when it's dark out so I will try again later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Lwxzipdlg&feature=youtu.be

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Since these windows are the walkway as a vestige of the oldm Full Serve wash and customers no longer use it we are not really good at paying attention to them. They are cleaned as part of the tunnel cleaning process using Kleen wall and long handled brushes.

vinh

Reaction score
Just finished all 6 Washes.

I converted all of my 6 locations with Jarvis LED retrofit. I was very pleased with the result and how easy installation was. It took about 6 hrs to do the first wash. At this location, I had Hubbell 320W and required grinding 4 pieces off per fixture. My other 5 locations had Scottsdale 320 W and it was very easy. I was able to change out the 6th location (14 fixtures) quickly and took about 4 hrs. They are well made and very bright. I recommend this LED very much. Made in Chicago and reasonably price.

I had bought some extra Jarvis retrofit LED, and will start replacing the area parking light fixtures with these also.

BBE

Reaction score
I converted all of my 6 locations with Jarvis LED retrofit. I was very pleased with the result and how easy installation was. It took about 6 hrs to do the first wash. At this location, I had Hubbell 320W and required grinding 4 pieces off per fixture. My other 5 locations had Scottsdale 320 W and it was very easy. I was able to change out the 6th location (14 fixtures) quickly and took about 4 hrs. They are well made and very bright. I recommend this LED very much. Made in Chicago and reasonably price.

I had bought some extra Jarvis retrofit LED, and will start replacing the area parking light fixtures with these also.
Vinh, who are you purchasing these through? We bought 1 to try out about a year ago from wallpacksdirect for 199. But I see now that they have raised the price to around 240. I spoke to them about it, and they said that the price raise came directly from jarvis, not from them. Also, a quantity discount doesn't happen until 20+ fixtures.