What's new

Have an old hydrospray system

Kyle1

Reaction score
So the lines I have plumbed are 1/2 I’d for the rinse and 3/8 I’d for the soap and wax lines that older looking check valve is a 3/8 should I upgrade it to a 1/2” one

Kyle1

Reaction score
That was a line going from the inlet to the regulator where should I plumb that line

Randy

Reaction score
So I’m at the point of countless hours and time away from my family no money coming in. I need a technician out of Florida to come in ASAP. Don’t care about travel time of cost of service at this point I just need help
I have agree with you, you really need to call someone in and have them sort out the mess you’ve got.

MEP001

Reaction score
A line from here:

Under tank.jpg

needs to go here:

Pumpmani.jpg

The rinse solenoid should have a line connecting to city pressure. Take that steel NWS fitting out of its inlet before it causes you problems.

The regulator can sit on an elbow above the pump.

Reg.jpg \

"IN" goes to the pump. Pressure from the pump goes in there. "OUT" goes to the bay. Your high pressure hose goes there. BYPASS returns to the inlet port of the pump. For now, it's fine where it is. The gauge is fine where it is. The regulator was plumbed all kinds of wrong, so water can't flow and the pressure is creating heat in the pump.

Kyle1

Reaction score
I have agree with you, you really need to call someone in and have them sort out the mess you’ve got.
It was a really really bad mess when I took it over now it’s just a bad mess

MEP001

Reaction score
If the pump runs smooth and the stand is really stiff it shouldn't be a problem. I've seen some massive weight hanging off pumps without ever having fittings break.

Kyle1

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any service techs that can come out ASAP again the money and travel time doesn’t concern me

MEP001

Reaction score
You have the regulator plumbed correctly now, but you also have the high pressure looped straight back to the inlet of the pump. Take these fittings out and you should have pressure.

Why.jpg

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any service techs that can come out ASAP again the money and travel time doesn’t concern me
I'm going to be brutally honest.

Most any tech worth his/her salt is not going to want to work on what you have. The ones eager to most likely don't have the skill set and/or experience to "un-f*ck" that mess.

Reality check: You have a system built decades ago that the manufacturer no longer supports because no one who ever understood it has long left the company. There is no technical documentation to be found. It was an outlier in design and operation when it was originally built. The previous operator hodge-podged things to limp along until they probably gave up and unloaded the wash. In you step. You originally started this thread last November. That's 7 months invested and you still aren't fully operational and if/when you do get it functional you now have a custom machine that no one but you has a clue what you did thus narrowing even further any help you could ever get and also limiting any potential resale.

In my opinion, you really need to take a step back and consider what the best business practice would be for the long term.

Kyle1

Reaction score
I'm going to be brutally honest.

Most any tech worth his/her salt is not going to want to work on what you have. The ones eager to most likely don't have the skill set and/or experience to "un-f*ck" that mess.

Reality check: You have a system built decades ago that the manufacturer no longer supports because no one who ever understood it has long left the company. There is no technical documentation to be found. It was an outlier in design and operation when it was originally built. The previous operator hodge-podged things to limp along until they probably gave up and unloaded the wash. In you step. You originally started this thread last November. That's 7 months invested and you still aren't fully operational and if/when you do get it functional you now have a custom machine that no one but you has a clue what you did thus narrowing even further any help you could ever get and also limiting any potential resale.

In my opinion, you really need to take a step back and consider what the best business practice would be for the long term.
I understand where you are coming from and I wish I had the money to buy a brand new 4 bay system but unfortunately I don’t so the only thing I can do is just fix it

MEP001

Reaction score
This can be fixed. I didn't upload a picture of a plumbing layout because I couldn't find one in the way I'd recommend. Right now you have it 90% correct. IMO new equipment isn't the answer because a lot of them aren't plumbed correctly according to pump specs. I've seen several pounds of brass hanging off General pumps when the manual says to minimize the brass on it, in fact they prefer to have no weight on it with lines connected with banjo fittings and hose. Cat says to have the flow cross through the pump, but many of them don't, having the inlet and outlet on the same side for their convenience. My fiancée wants me to come to Florida and hang out with her dad for a few days, we were planning to go Father's day but I was sick from something, but if we do go in the near future I'll try to come help you. I'll let you know in advance.

Kyle1

Reaction score
Update I have rinse working, however now I have the issue with the pop off valve and not being able to adjust my pressure at all

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm having trouble seeing what's going where to and from the unloader. Maybe you should switch to a bypass regulator. They're a lot simpler.

The popoff isn't a bad idea, but hardly anyone uses them. I usually end up just taking them off when they fail.

Kyle1

Reaction score
For you to see clearly @MEP001 thank you soooooo much for your help I’m going to have more questions be ready lol

Attachments