What's new

Have an old hydrospray system

Kyle1

Reaction score
I agree 100% I think the cheapest system I saw was air logic and it was still 3200 + shipping

Randy

Reaction score
Everything in the car wash world has gotten crazy expensive. When I have to order parts for the bill changer side of the house and I look at the invoice I’m in sticker stock as to what the parts cost and shipping costs are out of sight.

Keno

Reaction score
Someone on these forums had the idea of using a traffic light control board from Amazon to control the 3x foam color sequence. It's like a $25 board, add some relays and solenoids, you're in business.

Parts are more expensive everytime we buy, even within 1-2 months. And of course customers complain about a nominal yearly price increase.

Kyle1

Reaction score
Rather than starting a new thread, I will just use this one can someone explain to me how you can set up a pump stand to run chemical injectors? I’m just curious if the are better or worse. @MEP001 @Randy @Dan kamsickas

Kyle1

Reaction score
Because it always seems like my furthest bay takes forever for hp chemicals to get to it

MEP001

Reaction score
Is it the low pressure or the high pressure?

How long is the longest high pressure line?

If the high pressure chemicals enter at the pump, it makes no difference how they're delivered.

Do the low pressure chemicals tee in at the boom?

Kyle1

Reaction score
Is it the low pressure or the high pressure?

How long is the longest high pressure line?

If the high pressure chemicals enter at the pump, it makes no difference how they're delivered.

Do the low pressure chemicals tee in at the boom?
It’s the high pressure and mainly and the longest bay hp line is 75ft I do believe it might be 80 from boom to motor room

Kyle1

Reaction score
Would going smaller be better in that case right now I’m at 3/8

MEP001

Reaction score
It won't help much, and it will reduce the pressure significantly due to line loss.

Kyle1

Reaction score
It is taking like 15 secs to get soap so I’m trying to figure out how to cut that down to 10

Keno

Reaction score
I have no idea if this will help or how it works, but can a HP injector be used right at the boom for HP chemicals, like what the pressure washing people use?

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, but the injector will reduce the pressure a lot. I toyed with the idea for a while, even tried pumping the chemical at 200 PSI to the injector, it still had to severely restrict pressure to get chemical.

15 seconds isn't too bad. My longest bay takes 26.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
We've played with injector based setups and in a self serve you're just trading one set of problems for another set. Like MEP said, your going to see pretty big pressure drop, keeping consistent draw from the injectors is a pain in the hindquarters, and the systems tended to be more expensive. The only way we ever saw any consistency was using a VFD and that added significant cost and complexity to the controls. 15 seconds is not bad as long as the customer feels the pressure change when switching to a high pressure.

Kyle1

Reaction score
Ok fellows, I’m tired and I’m frustrated at this point I need a way to get some new equipment put into my 2 locations who is going to be the best person to talk to about financing

Kyle1

Reaction score
I saw that because my bay 2 pump decided to crack in the body and my bay 4 is still not wanting to act right on the hp settings. I can’t keep putting money into the old equipment for it to break down every couple of months