What's new

Would stronger presoak help this?

washnshine

Reaction score
ceramic coat
This is the most modern, highest performing type of super sealer/ high shine product currently on the market. Rain X or rain repel products were first, then the hot waxes came along, now the ceramics are top of the line. They are pretty impressive when applied to a clean car.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I’ll call my soap guy tomorrow! Thank you!

Get you cars cleaning before you try any ceramics or long lasting products.

Most new operators would benefit from a chemical rep that can come out and test. If your rep is not willing to come out, test water, titrate products and run test cars I'd find a new rep. You can venture off later but you need to be able a baseline of cleaning ability and what your unit is capable of.

I try to watch cars wash daily, if a customer says anything I just tell them I like to make sure everything is functioning properly. A lot of times you can see film issues if you stand at a certain angle to the sun as cars drive out.

Bricks

Reaction score
The high ph is in the presoak. Yellow tip I think. So it goes through the hydrominder and is sprayed directly on the vehicle. The low PH is in the HP Wash. It goes through a very light brown hydrominder tip. Then it’s pumped through the cat3535 pump at 850psi through 30 zero degree tips. Is it even doing anything, being diluted so much?
I’m about ready to swap the two but I’m afraid the low ph will be too strong and I don’t want to damage anything.

washnshine

Reaction score
Hi I’m afraid the low ph will be too strong and I don’t want to damage anything.
Check for non - corrosive low pH products - usually labeled (nc). Also look for Citric acid an ingredient. Stay away from hydrofluoric acid. If you do this, you will not damage anything, providing you apply at the proper dilution. Remember, you can also damage things if the pH is too high.

Bricks

Reaction score
I use the KR ( Simonize) Kleen Track 2A as the first pass and use a blue tip, then with Kleen Track 1B second pass ( with blue tip) and also Simonize MC liquid as a booster. The blue tips might be a little big but the cars get clean and no complaints. I also dwell after the soaps for 25-27 seconds and spray them at 130F ( probably 120F ) at the car..My top wash is $14.00 so I think the customers expect a clean car, and I haven't received any complaints. Hope this helps.
Check for non - corrosive low pH products - usually labeled (nc). Also look for Citric acid an ingredient. Stay away from hydrofluoric acid. If you do this, you will not damage anything, providing you apply at the proper dilution. Remember, you can also damage things if the pH is too high.
I just looked up the Kleen track 2A and it says corrosive on it, like my hp detergent. I’m so confused.

washnshine

Reaction score
I just looked up the Kleen track 2A and it says corrosive on it, like my hp detergent. I’m so confused.
Corrosive is a label on products that means it can cause damage to certain materials. Those materials can be skin, metal etc. Both hi and lo pH products can be corrosive. You have to read the material safety data sheet to see what damage it can cause and at what dilution strength. Many of these products will be safe on a car when applied at the proper dilution rate. Don’t forget, you are applying at a rate of ounces of chemical per gallon of water. I wouldn’t wash my hands in that solution, but if you got some diluted on your skin, it would probably only cause irritation- depending on the ingredients.

Hydrofluoric, however, you don’t even want diluted on your skin. That is why you should stay away from it as an ingredient altogether.

Most touchless chemicals are going to carry a corrosive label - that is what it takes to loosening dirt without friction. And if you apply them in the proper dilution to the cars, you will not damage anything providing there is no hydrofluoric in it. Your best bet is to look at the ingredients and hazards of these products so you can handle them safely.

Etowah