What's new

Touchless Front & Rear Eyebrow removal

JJDPM

Reaction score
He came out with the rep that delievered the chemicals and changed it to wildfire- black tip.
I didn't see any improvements. I ran about 50 cars and gave up. I am currently looking into other chemicals.
Synergy has their own car wash with a Petit dual bay. One bay is set up with wildfire and the other is set up with viper. He stated that the cars are clean at my wash. I said what is the settings at your wash so I can get the same results. He said there are other things involved in washing cars besides the chemicals. I have called him a few times to express the fact that the cars are not clean. There are lot of people using synergy chemicals but I am getting good results!

I am just reaching out to see what else I can do to get the cars clean!

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I was given a 30 gal drum of Wildfire to try. I don't recall the tips I ran.... but I kept making it progressively stronger and didn't see an improvement.
Actually, went back through some texts and it looks like I was running two passes with green tips using .086 injectors. We were getting 17-18 cars per gallon and it did ok on the body but didn't clean glass very well. At that usage rate it wasn't any less expensive than what I was using, didn't work any better and I would need a whole room full of drums for when we're busy. I used half the drum and gave it back.

JJDPM

Reaction score
What chemicals are you using at this time? Results?

ShinePro

Reaction score
He came out with the rep that delievered the chemicals and changed it to wildfire- black tip.
I didn't see any improvements. I ran about 50 cars and gave up. I am currently looking into other chemicals.
Synergy has their own car wash with a Petit dual bay. One bay is set up with wildfire and the other is set up with viper. He stated that the cars are clean at my wash. I said what is the settings at your wash so I can get the same results. He said there are other things involved in washing cars besides the chemicals. I have called him a few times to express the fact that the cars are not clean. There are lot of people using synergy chemicals but I am getting good results!

I am just reaching out to see what else I can do to get the cars clean!
🤦‍♂️
That would have been the last straw for me!

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
What chemicals are you using at this time? Results?
I’m using Quest and getting good results but the eyebrow is still an issue depending on the weather. I’ve been working with them and trying some new stuff that they are trying to develop. I like the fact that they’re proactive and want to improve.
Everything is a trade off….Cost versus Clean versus Throughput. “Clean” is a bit subjective. I will gladly pay more if the car is definitively cleaner, not ‘meh’ cleaner. I need to say ‘wow that’s definitely better than before’ before my cost per car increases. I also do not want to slow down my passes or add massive dwells. The whole point of putting in Petits was to move cars through.

ShinePro

Reaction score
I’m using Quest and getting good results but the eyebrow is still an issue depending on the weather. I’ve been working with them and trying some new stuff that they are trying to develop. I like the fact that they’re proactive and want to improve.
Everything is a trade off….Cost versus Clean versus Throughput. “Clean” is a bit subjective. I will gladly pay more if the car is definitively cleaner, not ‘meh’ cleaner. I need to say ‘wow that’s definitely better than before’ before my cost per car increases. I also do not want to slow down my passes or add massive dwells. The whole point of putting in Petits was to move cars through.
You put a CHEM in front of that quest
And eyebrows will be a thing if the past!

SuperShine

Reaction score
I also do not want to slow down my passes or add massive dwells. The whole point of putting in Petits was to move cars through.
Exactly. I like that I can have zero dwell with wildfire on my Petit’s and just throw some of their tri-foam polymer presoak over it for a little dwell, 15 sec pass and some show without the machine sitting dead in the water and killing throughput. Came from two step low/high and a minute of dwell.

I’m ok with not getting every eyebrow off. Some are glass etched, some are sealed in for the winter because Glenda only washes twice a year.

ShinePro

Reaction score
There are 4 pages of posts on this thread
Quit a few are from me
I thought this thread was done

So one last post

I believe that chemical quality and accuracy of application is of utmost importance!

I ve been a farmer for 44 years
Planted my first crop in 1980
Lots of players in the agriculture world
Just like car washing!
Grew up on Olivers, had 2 Massey Fergusons, 1 Case IH and 1 New Holland
They are all gone
There is a reason that John Deere stock is $400. a share
They are the best!

I ve put the same emphasis on my car wash business.
No way I ever except half ass
Even on Glenda’s wash
Thru put does not mean shit if her car isnt clean
I have tested chemicals until I m blue in the face.
Spent $100.+ dollars driving to other towns washes and trying them out, knowing what they were using.

There is a reason I use the chemicals I do!

jack954

Reaction score
shinepro back in july you talked about a product that you had been trying for 50 days that cleaned better, what is it and do you still like?

SuperShine

Reaction score
You contributed to this thread, good on you. You teased that you found the magical chemistry that works all year and in all regions, give me a break. So what you own this thread or something? People can ask what they want.

Throughput is a factor. Ask your customers that keep driving when they see your four car stack and b-line to the nearest express because you have two minutes of dwell and a five minute+ wash.

Of course if your wash is in a town with 50 people it might not be an issue.
Putting out a quality product is important, that’s bloody obvious if you want to retain customers and grow but if you have any real volume, you have to balance that quality with wash optimizations that improve throughput.
I don’t rethink my wash because Glenda washes once a year and has leftover eyebrows. I’ll show her what a foam brush is and focus on what makes me money, more frequent washers and members.

There are 4 pages of posts on this thread
Quit a few are from me
I thought this thread was done

So one last post

I believe that chemical quality and accuracy of application is of utmost importance!

I ve been a farmer for 44 years
Planted my first crop in 1980
Lots of players in the agriculture world
Just like car washing!
Grew up on Olivers, had 2 Massey Fergusons, 1 Case IH and 1 New Holland
They are all gone
There is a reason that John Deere stock is $400. a share
They are the best!

I ve put the same emphasis on my car wash business.
No way I ever except half ass
Even on Glenda’s wash
Thru put does not mean shit if her car isnt clean
I have tested chemicals until I m blue in the face.
Spent $100.+ dollars driving to other towns washes and trying them out, knowing what they were using.

There is a reason I use the chemicals I do!

ShinePro

Reaction score
Here ya go

yes it is a keeper

the product is Plazma
Hi ph presoak from Chemquest
Started testing in May

Plazma is the first thing applied to vehicle
With Plazma’s 3 modes of action
Its got de-bug - and two modes of alkaline cleaning
It does not need boost - its already included in the product

So straight Plazma
Applying 1.9 oz (56 ml) per car
Titrating at 19

The lo ph presoak is called Liftoff
Applied second
It still is not on their web site yet
Its Non hf/ non abf

using 2.4 oz (71ml) per car

running it at a titration of 14+

This thread is about eyebrows
So I ll address that specifically

Plazma does an outstanding job of loosening grime on windows
And is awesome on bugs
The Liftoff finishes clearing it from the vehicle
But, from my experience
And so you know- I have really good water
- a Liftoff titration of less than 13 will work on eyebrows
A titration of 13/14 and above will wipe them off completely

ShinePro

Reaction score
You contributed to this thread, good on you. You teased that you found the magical chemistry that works all year and in all regions, give me a break. So what you own this thread or something? People can ask what they want.

Throughput is a factor. Ask your customers that keep driving when they see your four car stack and b-line to the nearest express because you have two minutes of dwell and a five minute+ wash.

Of course if your wash is in a town with 50 people it might not be an issue.
Putting out a quality product is important, that’s bloody obvious if you want to retain customers and grow but if you have any real volume, you have to balance that quality with wash optimizations that improve throughput.
I don’t rethink my wash because Glenda washes once a year and has leftover eyebrows. I’ll show her what a foam brush is and focus on what makes me money, more frequent washers and members.
You mis understand me
I was talking to two guys from Ohio
I never said anything about all regions
What we do in Ohio is different than what they do in Texas and Oklahoma
Or red clay soils of Alabama/tennessee
No matter where you are
I m sorry, I think eyebrow removal is important.

SuperShine

Reaction score
You mis understand me
I was talking to two guys from Ohio
I never said anything about all regions
What we do in Ohio is different than what they do in Texas and Oklahoma
Or red clay soils of Alabama/tennessee
No matter where you are
I m sorry, I think eyebrow removal is important.
Agreed, sorry to jump on you.

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I agree touch free cleaning is highly regional. 100 miles can make a difference in products and what works.

Looking at the chemquest's plazma SDS that shinepro is using it appears to be a pretty complex product with quite a few ingredients. I'll give it a shot for the heck of it. ,It would be great to find the secret sauce, but failing that even something that cleans as well my current setup at lower comparative alklainity levels is of interest to me. Also going to try synergy's wildfire.