What's new

Things Just Got Real

SuperShine

Reaction score
Because im not a fool. Why on God's green Earth would i not wanna take cash?!🙄🤯😳
Because it’s a throughput killer and if you’re looking a Dencar and Petit you want speed and wash clubs. If not buy a Goldline and keep taking beaver pelts and strip cards.

Last edited:

HeyVern

Reaction score
Because it’s a throughput killer and if you’re looking a Dencar and Petit you want speed and wash clubs. If not buy a Goldline and keep taking beaver pelts and strip cards.
I pull a lot of cash out of my paystation, it doesn't slow anything down.

OurTown

Reaction score

I notice many cash users take a lot longer than card swipers probably because they are putting in ones or quarters.

SuperShine

Reaction score
Its only a concern if you’ve got a busy site with a thriving wash club and consistent max throughput is your goal.

If you’re counting the seconds of your passes on your Petit’s, it’s imperative that you look at other throughput bottlenecks or why bother?

Cash is great but it comes with obvious down sides and clearly affects processing times. Bill jams, origamied bill folds, coin jams, confused customers and the cost and downtime when your 30k plus pay stations gets hit with a stolen truck and your bay is down.

With only 15% choosing cash at my auto washes, it was an easy decision to eliminate it on the autos. Tap Watch and phone payments and other digital wallet are way up now also.

Then there’s the huge time savings of not having to collect, sort, account, deposit, over and over again, which allows you to focus on expansion of your business.
Many of the express guys have figured this out. Different topic probably.

I suggested the cashless Dencar unit because cost was mentioned. The retro units are cramped inside and not their latest tech.

Last edited:

HeyVern

Reaction score
Its only a concern if you’ve got a busy site with a thriving wash club and consistent max throughput is your goal.

If you’re counting the seconds of your passes on your Petit’s, it’s imperative that you look at other throughput bottlenecks or why bother?

Cash is great but it comes with obvious down sides and clearly affects processing times. Bill jams, origamied bill folds, coin jams, confused customers and the cost and downtime when your 30k plus pay stations gets hit with a stolen truck and your bay is down.

With only 15% choosing cash at my auto washes, it was an easy decision to eliminate it on the autos. Tap Watch and phone payments and other digital wallet are way up now also.

Then there’s the huge time savings of not having to collect, sort, account, deposit, over and over again, which allows you to focus on expansion of your business.

I suggested the cashless Dencar unit because cost was mentioned. The retro units are cramped inside and not their latest tech.
My Petit runs nonstop 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. the only bottleneck is people not staring at their phones and not pulling in or out when they should.

Roz

Reaction score
My Petit runs nonstop 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. the only bottleneck is people not staring at their phones and not pulling in or out when they should.
Or taking their time as they exit to sit underneath the dryers. Crazy how many people think it is a hair dryer to sit under....

HeyVern

Reaction score
Or taking their time as they exit to sit underneath the dryers. Crazy how many people think it is a hair dryer to sit under....
I had one guy stop halfway into the bay, with the rocker blasters going, because the entrance sign, which he had to look back over his shoulder to see, changed from go to wait.

soonermajic

Reaction score

Ha. Your 3rd paragraph has never affected me. Im 63% cash & 37% CC, so your statement to me is sheer ignorance.
Maybe u could run down here, & tell me how i can avg more than 60cpd a yr, in a rural town of 4800?
I'll be easy to find, cause I take my wheel Barrow every Sunday, & haul off all my cash. Over 2 yrs ago, i had to buy a 2nd wheel Barrow, cause mine wouldn't hold it all.

Last edited:

Blanco

Reaction score
If your so worried about throughput because your so busy then not accepting cash is not the answer. Buying the fastest touchless on the market is. FYI its not a petit despite what they advertise and your distributor probably told you.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
If your so worried about throughput because your so busy then not accepting cash is not the answer. Buying the fastest touchless on the market is. FYI its not a petit despite what they advertise and your distributor probably told you.

What is the fastest?

I will say watching the petit videos that they are not as fast as I thought. If on my touchfree I eliminated rocker panel blaster passes, used my tricolor as a "low ph presoak" and rinsed that off with my "ceramic" I could knock two minutes off my wash easy. When the petit units are run in a more traditonal formats they are a little faster but don't offer the same feature mine does. Completley different format and business model that seems to be working well for many though.

Blanco

Reaction score
What is the fastest?

I will say watching the petit videos that they are not as fast as I thought. If on my touchfree I eliminated rocker panel blaster passes, used my tricolor as a "low ph presoak" and rinsed that off with my "ceramic" I could knock two minutes off my wash easy. When the petit units are run in a more traditonal formats they are a little faster but don't offer the same feature mine does. Completley different format and business model that seems to be working well for many though.
Oasis Typhoon. It can wash vehicles in about half the time of a petit and still clean. The petit is a single bridge two arm machine. Basically a stainless steel kondor concept with an extra pump. The typhoon has three bridges and four arms. Having the extra arms eliminates the wasted time a petit or any other machine takes to wash the front and backs of vehicles on each pass. A single typhoon pass is just the main bridge running down the tracks. Yes a petit is fast when you put it side by side to a razor or any one arm machine. Now take that two arm petit and put it against a four arm typhoon and it comes in second every time. Not even close.

Randy

Reaction score
I'll bet that really made your day! We've had that happen 3 times so far this year. We've lost 3 J.E Adams Combo vac's.

SuperShine

Reaction score
Wow OK so you want to jump on me and go after Petit when the OP specifically bought a Petit? Do you think he needs a sales pitch on Oasis after pulling the trigger on a Petit and sharing his build process? 🤔

Ok I’m out. This form has become toxic. Too bad. I’ve been a member for ten years.

That’s just not true. Cash is a huge bottle neck compared to wash club express only lanes and tap only cc lanes. Why the hell do you think tunnels are converting? Because they’re slower? It also allows your operation to scale way faster. Although if you have antiquated cc strip only hardware and don’t accept tap, chip or phone payments your cc take up rates are probably way lower than they could be.

Don’t get me wrong I love cash, I accept it on everything else. Self serve, Vacs, vending. Just not my wash club oriented express auto bays.

Thanks I’ll keep my four Petit’s. Best co I’ve ever dealt with. There’s more things to consider when selecting a company to partner with for equipment that you’ll own and maintain for years to come. The speed of the equipment is just one factor.

Last edited:

SuperShine

Reaction score
Ha. Your 3rd paragraph has never affected me. Im 63% cash & 37% CC, so your statement to me is sheer ignorance.
Maybe u could run down here, & tell me how i can avg more than 60cpd a yr, in a rural town of 4800?
I'll be easy to find, cause I take my wheel Barrow every Sunday, & haul off all my cash. Over 2 yrs ago, i had to buy a 2nd wheel Barrow, cause mine wouldn't hold it all.
I’m ignorant? Says the guy asking everyone for help on here. Wow.

Pound sand, I’m done helping. Figure it out.
stop asking me about Petit’s and throwing up objections regarding Dencar after I suggest going with a cashless Dencar unit to save upfront capital output when you brought up a price objection on the retro unit.

SuperShine

Reaction score
Say that again when the Dencar bill recycler packs it in or jams on an origami $20 on your busiest Saturday and the customer drops anchor in your line up.

Or when a stolen truck blows through your new pay station and you’re down for weeks waiting on a replacement.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Say that again when the Dencar bill recycler packs it in or jams on an origami $20 on your busiest Saturday and the customer drops anchor in your line up.

Or when a stolen truck blows through your new pay station and you’re down for weeks waiting on a replacement.
I have 2 sites one VERY BUSY. I get maybe 1 jam every 3months at the busy site and even less at the other.

Also for clarification.....It's not Dencar; it's MEi