What's new

Things Just Got Real

OurTown

Reaction score
What is the clearance height for the SS bays and truck bay? We are going to replace our roof structure and raise the height on ours. Debating 12', 13' or 14'.

HeyVern

Reaction score
What is the clearance height for the SS bays and truck bay? We are going to replace our roof structure and raise the height on ours. Debating 12', 13' or 14'.
Ceiling height is 16' door clearance is 14'

sparkey

Reaction score
10k per bay is just stupid.

Check out these guys.

The company is called mile high lighting. Seen them at the car wash show. There booth was packed. They gave me a price list and it was very reasonably priced.
To bad you can't see the prices on thier website.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Got city approval to begin building my wash this morning. So here's the plan, two self serve bays and one self serve truck/RV bay, one Petit automatic and another bay to add a second automatic if/when needed. Carolina Pride for the self serve and Dencar paystation. JE Adams canopy vacs and one shampoo/spot remover. Hamilton DRS with Mars validator changer. See any holes in my plans?
Congrats. Have you planned price points yet for the SS and IBA. Curious what the competition is charging. With a brand new site, don’t come in cheap. People like new and will pay for it.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Dispense only your proprietary tokens, and accept customers cash and CC’s.

You might consider a dog wash, depending on your local demographics…

Congrats! And Good Luck!
Definitely proprietary tokens. Check out VanBrook. Look at their bi-metal tokens. They won’t sell the same token with in a 75 mile radius I believe and charge $1 for em. Good call also on not building a new site that is only Credit Card. Those operators that swore off tokens, quarters and Cash are losing a lot of profit. One of my sites blew up with new customers when the competition went to only CC.

Blanco

Reaction score
To bad you can't see the prices on thier website.
Here’s a list they gave me at the show a few years back. I’m sure there prices increased since then but gives you an idea roughly.

Attachments

HeyVern

Reaction score
Been open two weeks now, ran 168 cars through the Petit yesterday, best day so far. I've had a lot more push back on not having free vacuums than I expected, also had several people tell me how nice it is to finally have vacuums with good suction. Already one bent wand and first coin acceptor jam. Had a few issues with the Dencar, but nothing major. So far so good.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Been open two weeks now, ran 168 cars through the Petit yesterday, best day so far. I've had a lot more push back on not having free vacuums than I expected, also had several people tell me how nice it is to finally have vacuums with good suction. Already one bent wand and first coin acceptor jam. Had a few issues with the Dencar, but nothing major. So far so good.
168 in ONE day?!! WOW
Is that all paying customers, or any already from memberships?
I guess you're dling memberships, based on using a Dencar? If so, describe your's please

HeyVern

Reaction score
168 total members, single washes and new members. Around 90% washes or new members. I'm at $37.00/15 washes a month on the top package. I think I can raise it in a few months.

Roz

Reaction score
168 total members, single washes and new members. Around 90% washes or new members. I'm at $37.00/15 washes a month on the top package. I think I can raise it in a few months.
Will be interesting to see the average use per member. We never found monthly programs for an IBA worthwhile, too many take advantage of the program.