What's new

Things Just Got Real

Carwashclubber

Reaction score
Tom Petit makes a great IBA, regretting that I paired it with a Dencar: hella over-priced vs other pay stations, big monthly fee, and now that they are selling more units...Ron & Phil refuse to answer email and telephone questions any more. Must be nice...once you're rich and have hooked operators into a proprietary system with monthly fee...ya can laugh to the bank.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Tom Petit makes a great IBA, regretting that I paired it with a Dencar: hella over-priced vs other pay stations, big monthly fee, and now that they are selling more units...Ron & Phil refuse to answer email and telephone questions any more. Must be nice...once you're rich and have hooked operators into a proprietary system with monthly fee...ya can laugh to the bank.
Is this just growing pains? I thought we had some pretty happy dencar customers here.

OurTown

Reaction score

We just visited Phil in Akron OH on Friday for several hours at their flagship United Auto Wash location. (four Petit 360-i washes with 75 foot long bays) What Dencar has done and is working on is pretty impressive from what we have seen. A few years ago I'm not sure we would have been ready for this new of a company but with about 250 pay stations out there now we are ready to latch on. They have made a lot of improvements in the last year and I think it may be the most reliable and controllable concept for unattended washes that want to implement clubs. The cost for the pay station and needed equipment is much less than Washify and about half of ICS. Washify has no solution for starting and controlling self serve canister vacs for wash customers. ICS's solution is to dispense a token which is not anywhere ideal. Dencar has an awesome solution that can be restricted to different wash customers. For example you can have a limit on the amount of vac time per month, only on upper wash packages, only on upper club packages or however you want to do it. All of the companies now seem to have monthly fees for their club membership programs and Dencar's is lower than we were quoted from Washify or ICS. What kind of issues do you have with your Dencar pay station besides the costs?

Roz

Reaction score

HeyVern

Reaction score
You are lucky, my lab will not enter any of my equipment rooms as they can get noisy with the equipment working. He knows when we are nearing one of the washes. He likes greeting customers but does not like the noise. He parks himself outside the ER door or in a bay if I park inside a bay.
He is only 8 months old, so he's been around while we were finishing construction and since the wash has been open so the noise is just normal to him.

soonermajic

Reaction score
How much is the Dencar Hamilton retro & the Dencar paystation?
I just don't think i can run em through in 2 minutes, & get clean, dry & Shiny....?

HeyVern

Reaction score
How much is the Dencar Hamilton retro & the Dencar paystation?
I just don't think i can run em through in 2 minutes, & get clean, dry & Shiny....?
I don't know how much the retro fits are, the Dencar paystation was about $40,000.00. My basic wash is just under 4 minutes, my top wash is a little over 4. Cars are looking really good coming out. The bugs have been really bad here this year and it's hard to believe the Petit is getting them off with no prep.

Roz

Reaction score

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Dencar paystations have an AC unit built in to keep the electronics from overheating. Could be an issue if the retro fits don't have them.
Hold on when you say AC unit theres a huge difference. Do you mean just Cooling Fans or "True Refrigeration system with a Compressor,Evap & Condensor with refrigerant and piping all inside the paystation. In my Unitec and hamiltons it was just a small DC cooling fan.

OurTown

Reaction score
Hold on when you say AC unit theres a huge difference. Do you mean just Cooling Fans or "True Refrigeration system with a Compressor,Evap & Condensor with refrigerant and piping all inside the paystation. In my Unitec and hamiltons it was just a small DC cooling fan.

No fan. An actual AC unit. When we went to United Auto Wash's big four Petit location the pay stations were dripping condensate.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Yes, it's a small AC unit. On hundred degree days this summer, the interior of my paystation cabinet never got over 73 degrees.