What's new

Something to think about

jcedwards

lurker
Reaction score
Doug, you are getting much closer to understanding, but you just cannot allow yourself to admit it. You are citing how the USA must understand and adapt, yet do not extend the same requirement to Muslims (or others). In all your high-mindedness, you appear completely unwilling to understand other's points, but instead opt for confrontation and disagreement. This, again, makes my point about willingness to adapt. In this small way, you are behaving like the Muslims I cite (have issue with). BTW, this thread was started in the context of Muslims, not any other group.

To argue against points by citing the minority or rare exception does not move understanding along. All it does is stop it. I would hope you have the intellectual maturity to understand this. Unless we are talking about Bob and Sue, and we both know them, we must speak in generalities that have exceptions. In reality, generalities have exceptions and most adults understand this in conversation. Only children believe citing a rare example will make their point, but adults understand this and move on.

We have a culture with acceptable behavior and unacceptable behavior. Without going to the extreme examples, I have chosen more subtle and you have gone nuclear in your responses. Get some help with your anger and rage because it is hard to believe this is the only 'forum' that you behave this way.

Is it acceptable for a grocery store employee to refuse to scan or touch (do their job) the pork chop I am trying to purchase? I say no. They can have their Muslim or Jewish beliefs, but they must do their job without fail. If the real possibility of a conflict exists, then avoid that job. This is what I am talking about. This was subtle and to the point. Feel free to counter with concentration camps, as usual.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm tired of this thread. Seems pretty pointless to me. Couldn't you guys have said all you needed to say in maybe 2 posts each? Please spare us. I know this is the "anything goes" section, but gimme a break!

There used to be some nut on here who posted poetry. Maybe you could try that for a change. Who knows, maybe you'd feel better if you did...

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
Doug, you are getting much closer to understanding, but you just cannot allow yourself to admit it. You are citing how the USA must understand and adapt, yet do not extend the same requirement to Muslims (or others). In all your high-mindedness, you appear completely unwilling to understand other's points, but instead opt for confrontation and disagreement. This, again, makes my point about willingness to adapt. In this small way, you are behaving like the Muslims I cite (have issue with). BTW, this thread was started in the context of Muslims, not any other group.

To argue against points by citing the minority or rare exception does not move understanding along. All it does is stop it. I would hope you have the intellectual maturity to understand this. Unless we are talking about Bob and Sue, and we both know them, we must speak in generalities that have exceptions. In reality, generalities have exceptions and most adults understand this in conversation. Only children believe citing a rare example will make their point, but adults understand this and move on.

We have a culture with acceptable behavior and unacceptable behavior. Without going to the extreme examples, I have chosen more subtle and you have gone nuclear in your responses. Get some help with your anger and rage because it is hard to believe this is the only 'forum' that you behave this way.

Is it acceptable for a grocery store employee to refuse to scan or touch (do their job) the pork chop I am trying to purchase? I say no. They can have their Muslim or Jewish beliefs, but they must do their job without fail. If the real possibility of a conflict exists, then avoid that job. This is what I am talking about. This was subtle and to the point. Feel free to counter with concentration camps, as usual.
see below for responce:

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
1. I am not citing how "the US must adapt". You are saying that you don't like Muslims. The US was formed on the grounds of religious freedoms.... even if that means not touching PORK! Dude what don't you get? Seventh day Adventist don't eat pork either! Amish ride in horse & Buggies, Johovah witness won't get blood tranfusions.... all don't fit nicely in that BOX THAT YOU PAINT! It's their religious belief PROTECTED BY THE CONSTITUTION... if you don't like that they won't touch your pork chop.... shop somewhere else!

2. I have no problem adapting! I'm I forcing any of my religion on you? Have I resticted your belief in any way by saying you can't worship your God... or no GOD? To the contray.... I'm protecting your belief WITH MY ARGUMENT. The Constitution is that garentee that you can believe in any way you want... you just can't restict some one else! As long as they are not harming you (not toughing your pork chop is not harm). Yet I know nurses who refused to care for Aids patient because of "religious beliefs", gays, abortion patient, Pharmacits who wrefuse to fill birth control pills of RU486.. the morning after pill.... so it's every where DUDE... not just your PORK CHOP! Sorry but I miss your anger that you 17 year old couldn't get her birth control pill filled at Walgreens because of the Pharmicist techs religious views!

3. You fail to have the intellectual capability to "move on" or understand that the US is a melting pot. My experance is with many Muslims in personal and every day relationships... you seem to have only had a "run in" which HARDLY MAKES YOU AN AUTHORITY on their culture!

Feel free to elevate it more. You ignorage shows.

PS... a lot of Muslims read the ACF..... I hope you feel embarrased by you "pig headedness"... no pun intended!

You seem hell bent on provoking me.... and seeing that Bill deleted you astonding insult and my pointing it out... I wonder... will you respond? What ever Dude..... you got the problem...not me. Salem ali akbar (peace be upon you in Arabic) BTW... in the Bible Melchiledek the Prince of Salem appears twice... once to Abraham... and again to Christ. Interesting FACT. Just thought you should know that the word Salem.... and the "Prince of Peace" in a Hebrew, Christian and Muslim symbol, greeting and word. I studied theology, my mother has a degree in it. Sholaom!

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
Dave..... I respect you but this "arguement" has it's place as I stand up for friends.

And I made a mistake... Melkelizdeck was the "King of Salam".... however there never was such a place which is historically significant.

phred113

Reaction score
I think you should let it go. You may have made JC's point. He has responded to a request from the community to let it go, and you seem to be unwilling to stop your rant. Just calm down, he got you. Just let it go.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
Well.... I see that RPH's post was deleted.... too bad. I watched the VIDEO and AGREED 100% with this man's view! did you hear that? Again, as I said (over and over again) it's not Islam or the US's problem... it's Whabbism (born from Saudi Arabia) and funded by the Royal Family (supported by our addiction to oil) and made worse by our presence in that area of the World. All point that this man made in the video. This is a problem not with Islam but with power hungry mullahs and rulers encouraging people to blow themselves up for GOD.

So I won't say anymore because it's been calm. What ever happened to Soloman Rushde? Is he still in hiding? I read the Satanic verses twenty years ago.