What's new

So Ya think you want to be in the Car Wash business

Bricks

Reaction score
I don't need to imagine, I've seen MUCH worse than that would have been. One guy blew about 100 pounds of feed corn out of his bed, didn't even pull halfway through the bay, just blasted it all over the lot. Stopped one guy barely two seconds in trying to wash a trough made from a steel drum that had about four inches of diesel oil in it. He only managed to get it all over himself and his truck before I switched it off on him. I caught a guy with a hoe about to scrape 6" of some kind of sandy loam out of his bed. He says "It's for trucks, I figured it's okay." No, it's a handicap access bay. Caught a bunch of young adults recently just before they blew a whole bunch of garbage out of their bed, called the police because the plate came back to a car. I told them (and I tell everyone now) "Clean it out at home, then you can wash the bed here." I won't loan anyone a broom and dustpan to clean out their bed because of their intent, and I don't want their business anyway.

I'm not even going to get into the grease and oil, the paint, the cement mix left to harden, something that I suspect is tire slime...

Strangest thing I've seen must have been a locksmith that washed out his van after many years, a couple hundred thousand lock pins everywhere.
Dang! I feel like I make a new enemy every day..And it sucks because I feel like I’m very easy to get along with. I’ve seen signs that say “absolutely no bed washing” or something close to that. But I’m sure it would be a waste of money.

Bricks

Reaction score
Sunday morning mess waiting for me. I got it all cleaned up and a guy brought in a skidsteer with the tracks packed full of mud. Good times for sure. 9298E460-BE32-497F-B384-0F7E78368D8E.jpeg