What's new

So Ya think you want to be in the Car Wash business

traveler17

Reaction score
I like that idea of disrespectful person of the day.
View attachment 4788
It better not be, I think it’s just mud. This wash is in a rural town and these little 💩s know the rules. Had a cop I know run the tag and they are local. I’ll make no money in that bay, just some free work for me this morning. If the truck bed is blown out w trash all over then I’ll call the police. I’ll run into them at some point and tell them not to return

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Hey, at least no chargebacks with cash. I've been lucky, but had 5 last week. 4 were the same person. I found video of him using and swiping his card for 3 of them, the 4th was too far back in date for my cameras (claimed counterfeit card and he didn't participate in transaction). I submitted the photos and just got faxes today that they chargebacks were reversed on all 4. Problem is that I will still be charged $15 for each one as the fee. For the 5th chargeback, they spent $36.25. Since I only do a hold of $15.25, they claimed no authorization given on the remaining balance and I lost the $21 + fees.
At least you got some satisfaction. Got a $35 Chargeback claiming duplicate charge for a "Pay at the Pump" transaction. 2 different days, 2 different pumps, 2 different amounts and they wouldn't reverse it.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I know we are grumbling among ourselves but for the record the car wash business has been very good to me. I may have been in here crying the blues if I din't have an alarm system (break in at one wash but they left when the alarm went off) Most small business owners are working twice the hours I do every week for less money.

Imagine owning a restaurant!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
At least you got some satisfaction. Got a $35 Chargeback claiming duplicate charge for a "Pay at the Pump" transaction. 2 different days, 2 different pumps, 2 different amounts and they wouldn't reverse it.
It might not be that strong at this point in time ... but in IMHO ... when a large enough % of businesses refuse to release their cash option correcting lever ... the electronic payment industry has an incentive to not do those demoralizing deeds with quite as much impunity. Ideally, proper support from police detectives & prosecutors could be more effective also!

Bad bouncing checks ... can also be insidious from personal painful experience ... but with that it seems like the perp or corporatocracy agent can't lie quite as easily.

Greg Pack makes a good point about the need for perfecting our alarm systems! There was momentum for awhile on a Marsy's Law ... I wonder if any car washes on the receiving end of expensive repairs from break-in &/or vandalism crimes have been reimbursed or was just for political theater???

traveler17

Reaction score
I know we are grumbling among ourselves but for the record the car wash business has been very good to me. I may have been in here crying the blues if I din't have an alarm system (break in at one wash but they left when the alarm went off) Most small business owners are working twice the hours I do every week for less money.

Imagine owning a restaurant!
You are right, it’s why I love this forum. We can b*** and complain but as I was shoveling out a foot of mud in a bay at one of my washes I started to remind myself I could be stuck in an office somewhere miserable. Sometimes hard to remind ourselves how ”good we got it”

Bricks

Reaction score
I had someone leave their pontoon boat at my wash. I had the local police run it down and find the owner. He said that I have plenty of room and there is no reason he shouldn't be able to leave it parked on "public property"

View attachment 4797
Probably one of those darn millennials lol !
Like the older couple washing their truck at my wash last week. I had to go there to reset the cameras and I waved happily to them. The next morning I arrived to all three of my trash cans overflowing with green banding. I was in disbelief as I watched the video of the old man empty the barrel of banding into my trash cans. Inconsiderate idiots were born in every generation.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
Probably one of those darn millennials lol !
Like the older couple washing their truck at my wash last week. I had to go there to reset the cameras and I waved happily to them. The next morning I arrived to all three of my trash cans overflowing with green banding. I was in disbelief as I watched the video of the old man empty the barrel of banding into my trash cans. Inconsiderate idiots were born in every generation.
The guy was older than me!
And don't get me started on trash dumpers!!!!

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I had to replace it. It was only 15 years old. Should have been under warranty LOL!
It may have been fixed 15 years ago but we haven't used that blue sticker in about 30 years. Sucks you only got 15 years out of it though. Damn greedy manufacturers not standing behind their products.