What's new

So Ya think you want to be in the Car Wash business

Roz

Reaction score
Be thankful as it is getting hard to find a company to clean them. Septic companies are shying away from cleaning car wash pits.

With those pits you probably only need to clean them once a year.

Bricks

Reaction score
Caught these people in the act of dumping about five bags of trash less than an hour ago on a random camera check. Crystal clear license plate shot. Our police are great. An officer is going to their house now. The other guy pleaded guilty Monday. This still really sucks. 21D49F38-5703-414F-9223-4EFE07FA734B.jpeg B2BFFAEB-31E8-4923-A2D9-F27AA9B9EB18.jpeg

Etowah

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
I had someone leave their pontoon boat at my wash. I had the local police run it down and find the owner. He said that I have plenty of room and there is no reason he shouldn't be able to leave it parked on "public property"

View attachment 4797
[
I had someone leave their pontoon boat at my wash. I had the local police run it down and find the owner. He said that I have plenty of room and there is no reason he shouldn't be able to leave it parked on "public property"

View attachment 4797
Did you have it towed? Just curious what you did with it.

Randy

Reaction score
If the idiot who parked his pontoon boat at my car wash thinking it was Ok because I have a lot of room he would be in for a real surprise. The boat would be confiscated and towed to my yard. What an idiot!!

MEP001

Reaction score
If the idiot who parked his pontoon boat at my car wash thinking it was Ok because I have a lot of room he would be in for a real surprise. The boat would be confiscated and towed to my yard. What an idiot!!
Hopefully he's not such an idiot that he wouldn't find you as the owner of the property via public tax records and go driving by your house looking for his stolen boat.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
The police contacted the owner and he came and got it.
I usually call a tow truck to come get anything parked that doesn't belong. If they are busy and I don't want to wait, I just drag it into the middle of the street and call the city to came take care of it.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
Our police are pretty helpful. They were there about fifteen minutes after I called and had the owner on the phone within a half hour. So it was gone less than an hour after I called.
The funny part was the guy arguing with me and the officer that he should be able to keep it there, "it is public property" he said.
I of course had to correct him, and tell him, no its not public. I do have to pay property taxes, just like at your house.

MEP001

Reaction score
I usually call a tow truck to come get anything parked that doesn't belong. If they are busy and I don't want to wait, I just drag it into the middle of the street and call the city to came take care of it.
I once found an abandoned car at the back of the wash, keys in the ignition, radio ripped out, obviously stolen, ransacked, and abandoned. I called the police and the cop who showed up said they couldn't do anything because it wasn't reported stolen. I asked him if I drove it out into the street and left it it would be their problem, and he said "Yeah, then we'd have to impound it." He didn't suggest that I shouldn't. At least he was able to get hold of the owner and they came and got it.

Randy

Reaction score
We have 6 signs at each car wash so it’s legal, informing the customers that we can and will confiscate, impound or seize your vehicle if it is left unattended. Over the years we’ve impounded a number of vehicles. Once we impounded an undercover DEA agents car, boy was he ever pi$$ed off.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Hopefully he's not such an idiot that he wouldn't find you as the owner of the property via public tax records and go driving by your house looking for his stolen boat.
The tax records in Washington don't give personal home addresses

Bricks

Reaction score
So today as I was working in the ER, I glanced at the monitor and saw this sweetheart pull in. I ran out before he could put money in and offered a broom and shovel to clean out the bed. He said “ I was just going to wash the kernels out” I said “still No but I can get you a shovel and broom to clean it out” he slammed the tailgate and stormed off. I have a video but I don’t know what’s legal to post online. Can you imagine the mess had I not been there? 0771F162-F1A2-4C07-A06A-3962107213B1.png

Randy

Reaction score
Some people just don't seem to get it!
A while back I had an airline pilot in uniform come in and drop the tailgate in his truck and blow out a bunch of nasty used hay before I could get him stopped. I ripped into him like a Marine Gunny at boot camp, called him every name I could think of when he said "It's just a car wash". I got him a broom and shovel and made him clean it all up. Talk about being pi$$ed off, he said he was going to be late for his flight, not my problem. He broke my heart when he said he was never coming back.

Bricks

Reaction score
Some people just don't seem to get it!
A while back I had an airline pilot in uniform come in and drop the tailgate in his truck and blow out a bunch of nasty used hay before I could get him stopped. I ripped into him like a Marine Gunny at boot camp, called him every name I could think of when he said "It's just a car wash". I got him a broom and shovel and made him clean it all up. Talk about being pi$$ed off, he said he was going to be late for his flight, not my problem. He broke my heart when he said he was never coming back.
That reminds me of what a former coworker always said : “ if a$$holes could fly, this place would be an airport”

traveler17

Reaction score
So today as I was working in the ER, I glanced at the monitor and saw this sweetheart pull in. I ran out before he could put money in and offered a broom and shovel to clean out the bed. He said “ I was just going to wash the kernels out” I said “still No but I can get you a shovel and broom to clean it out” he slammed the tailgate and stormed off. I have a video but I don’t know what’s legal to post online. Can you imagine the mess had I not been there? View attachment 5019
What a POS. What a mess that would’ve been. I shut a bay off on these old farts the other day when they were spraying out a smoker. Unbelievably I had to explain to them why I don’t want chunks of meat all over the bay. Hurt my feelings when they said they wouldn’t come back 😬

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you imagine the mess had I not been there?
I don't need to imagine, I've seen MUCH worse than that would have been. One guy blew about 100 pounds of feed corn out of his bed, didn't even pull halfway through the bay, just blasted it all over the lot. Stopped one guy barely two seconds in trying to wash a trough made from a steel drum that had about four inches of diesel oil in it. He only managed to get it all over himself and his truck before I switched it off on him. I caught a guy with a hoe about to scrape 6" of some kind of sandy loam out of his bed. He says "It's for trucks, I figured it's okay." No, it's a handicap access bay. Caught a bunch of young adults recently just before they blew a whole bunch of garbage out of their bed, called the police because the plate came back to a car. I told them (and I tell everyone now) "Clean it out at home, then you can wash the bed here." I won't loan anyone a broom and dustpan to clean out their bed because of their intent, and I don't want their business anyway.

I'm not even going to get into the grease and oil, the paint, the cement mix left to harden, something that I suspect is tire slime...

Strangest thing I've seen must have been a locksmith that washed out his van after many years, a couple hundred thousand lock pins everywhere.