What's new

Signature series self serve-Ryko

Austin.james96

Reaction score
I’ve got a signature series by Ryko, I’ve got an issue with my motors I believe. I can run the self serve like normal using the high pressure rinse, or spotless. Not all the time, but occasionally, all the motors will stop. Timer will still be active, can still use everything else but anything to do with the pump/motors. Push the contactors in, they all work like normal. Relays are good, no physical breakers tripped. Although I will get a 004 O/L Tripped message on the display in the door. Sounds like a saftey feature with the tank, but not sure exactly. Was wondering if anyone else can shed some light on my situation! Thank you!

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Overload tripped would usually mean the motor wiring has overheated, but I can't imagine why it would affect all the pumps at once. FYI, a tripped overload doesn't cut current to the motor which is why you can still engage them manually. It does sound more like a low water safety.

Austin.james96

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. I’m not sure why it would be tripping the over load though. The motors seem to be working fine, no signs of over heating or anything like that. When i first noticed the issue, I was actually doing a cycle of test on the self service, and like I said before it would cut off. I go in the mechanical room, and I get this notification 004 ol tripped etc. I check out my motors, they all seemed cool to the touch. Doesn’t mean there isn’t an internal winding problem though. Thanks for your feed back though! It’s deffinetly appreciated for sure!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
There is a low water safety cutoff sensor in the hot water tank behind the main control cabinet, make sure your float isn't getting stuck and not refilling the tank, # 7 is the sensor in this picture.

1621476946031.png

Austin.james96

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! Where did you get this diagram? I have no access to any of this info, and I’m sure it would help me down the road! Also, just curious. Would the spot free low level sensor cause this issue also?

MEP001

Reaction score
There very well could be a sensor, I usually use two float switches in the tank, one to control the fill and one to keep the pump from running dry. It should only affect the spot free pump unless the spot free runs through the bay pumps.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I also have a Ryko signature series system and you can get all of your manuals online from the Ryko Portal http://portal.ryko.com/rpgspprod/acctsignon.pgm

As for the low water sensor on the SFR tank, it could shut off the motors if your system was plumbed for medium pressure and not low-pressure spot-free rinse like mine is because the medium pressure option utilizes the main cat pump to deliver the SF water.

Austin.james96

Reaction score
Thank you, just signed up. I’ve been at it for 3 years now, and I’m just now finding out about this

Austin.james96

Reaction score
Update
Turns out switches are fine, the hot water storage tank hydrominder 571 was not allowing water in the tank. It would actually hang above the water without enough weight causing the water to run low, tripping the low water level switch. Any recommendations on what supply valve I should go with? I’ve heard mixed reviews about several different brands

MEP001

Reaction score
Almost anything but a Hydrominder 571. I like the Walters valve because they almost never hang wide open or fail to open. 1" seems to last longer for some reason.