What's new

Austin.james96

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I’ve got a ryko soft gloss Maxx machine. I’m some what new to the car wash business but I’ve got an issue. Ever since I’ve started last october I’ve got one particular issue on my mind. Occasionally someone will be getting their car wash of course, and the machine will just stop after the first wash cycle. The machine will move toward the back of the vehicle and once it gets to the back it will just sit there for a minute and just stop. Car wash is over and then given the green light to leave and no dryer. I’ve already replaced one prox. Switch and replacing the other tomorrow. Have talked to the ryko service men and they’ve really not helped me so I’m stuck. I haven’t actually seen this issue my self not able to cause it, yet I’ve had roughly 10 people who have explained the exact same thing as all the others who have bought a wash. In reality I could just keep giving refunds over and over and that would be fine but I don’t like the idea of people not getting an quality wash. Thanks for the help!

soapy

Reaction score
When I had a ryko friction machine most of the time it was someone not staying on the treadle during the wash. See the thread on treadle switches/ pads. That is where I would start. Also when one of these problems are reported check the 2 digit code and have the ryko service techs look at the trouble codes generated by the computer. This should help narrow it down.

Austin.james96

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking which is why i’m working on replacing the second prox. switch, or upgrading. I’ve heard that the ryko floor switch system isn’t really all that great. I will check out the switch’s threat. Thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Does your machine have a touchscreen controller, or is it the older 2 digit display? When the machine stops at the rear, it could be a number of different things. If you have a touchscreen controller, please go into the diagnostics history and send me a list of what is shown. If you have a 2 digit display, what is that code being displayed when it happens?

Austin.james96

Reaction score
Does your machine have a touchscreen controller, or is it the older 2 digit display? When the machine stops at the rear, it could be a number of different things. If you have a touchscreen controller, please go into the diagnostics history and send me a list of what is shown. If you have a 2 digit display, what is that code being displayed when it happens?
I’ve got the two digit display, I have yet to see a code. I’ve not even been able to make this issue happen on my own. Out of 100 washes it’ll only do it 2 or 3 times and thats It. I’ve yet to see a code show up

Ryko CS

Reaction score
If the machine is stopping mid-cycle, it will generate a 2 digit code. I've sent you a PM with some other ideas to try to diagnose the issue.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Get rid of that floor treadle and upgrade to the new virtual treadle from Ryko, since ripping ours out and going to the new virtual treadle ALL problems have been totally eliminated, also is it stopping after the foam bath or tri-foam pass if so it could be the wash water solenoid.