What's new

Polymer Presoaks

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I have it set with a pink tip right now and it is putting alot of chemical out. I have it on the first pass right now and it really seems to break the grime down alot better than other pre soaks we have used. It works so well i ordered a 55gal of it. Try it out like i said i highly recommend it and told kr it was the best pre soak we have used.
What's a 55 of this stuff cost?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Specialty Equipment used to have LYE based soap. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_hydroxide

We had a bad experience where some guy kept going over & over his vehicle. He had just had some kind of special $100 sealant put on by a local Detailer. The sodium hydroxide supposedly is what caused that sealant to come off. Some forum members are also detailers ... any thoughts? The local detailer at the time seemed to think it was our fault.
Most touch free presoaks have sodium or potassium hydroxide in them, or a combination of the two. Used carefully, they are very effective and so far has been my most accurate predictor of a presoak's performance. I'm always interested in a product that will clean with less alkalinity, but I'll be delaying my order of a 55 until I try it.

The $100 sealant (if that refers to strictly cost of the product)is a gimmick, normally used by car dealers on their dealer invoice. A good sealant can withstand a dozen or more touch free washes, even washes with high alkalinity like mine and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. For those of you interested, try jescar powelock or collinite 845, (which bead's water like a ducks back)

sparkey

Reaction score
Most touch free presoaks have sodium or potassium hydroxide in them, or a combination of the two. Used carefully, they are very effective and so far has been my most accurate predictor of a presoak's performance. I'm always interested in a product that will clean with less alkalinity, but I'll be delaying my order of a 55 until I try it.

The $100 sealant (if that refers to strictly cost of the product)is a gimmick, normally used by car dealers on their dealer invoice. A good sealant can withstand a dozen or more touch free washes, even washes with high alkalinity like mine and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. For those of you interested, try jescar powelock or collinite 845, (which bead's water like a ducks back)
Interesting. I did a quick google search for jescat powerlock and collinite 845 and a lot of people recommend these products be used together. I have never heard of either of these products. Is it necessary to use them together?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Interesting. I did a quick google search for jescat powerlock and collinite 845 and a lot of people recommend these products be used together. I have never heard of either of these products. Is it necessary to use them together?
No, Jescar powerlock is a breeze to use. Easy on, easy off, etc. Collinite is clumpy at room temp and has to be warmed up a little to liquefy. Collinite is a little more finicky. They are both sealants, not cleaner/polishes so you don't get defect removal with these products. If I offered detail services I would probably use powerlock as my sealant of choice because its so easy to work with. As caustic as my presoaks are both of these products withstand it for 15 washes plus.

ETA: Some enthusiasts top powerlock with 845 and claim an increased depth of gloss. But these are mostly enthusiasts and I'm not sure how much of that is imagined.

Last edited:

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love the Collinite wax and have used Collinite 476S for a decade or more. My detail customers seem to love it, and employees do, too.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Based on going back on the camera ... it showed the guy as if he was in kind of a daze going over & over his vehicle for 10 minutes with the sodium hydroxide chemical ... so it might have been partially the customers fault & possibly not just the detailer's product that was used. To be honest, now that I think about it ... the chemical might have been in the hi pressure soap & not just in the presoak.

I do appreciate you detailer operators letting me know that it was more likely the quality of the sealant. The reason being is that the detailer owner went out of his way to bad mouth me an extreme way to some prominent body shop people here in town. He painted me as the TOTAL BAD GUY not willing to admit that it was my fault & shoulder the partial or complete cost of the re-do of the supposedly guaranteed sealant.

Since I did not believe it was the fault of the chemical that Specialty Equip was delivering ... I did not cave in to them ... even though they were somewhat forcibly verbally ganging up on our car wash & even me personally.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well, I got my 5-gallon container tonight of Kleen Rite's "All Systems Polymer Presoak". Damoni88 are you still using it? the dilution ratio says Low pressure 50-75:1 that's really putting it on there pretty heavy I'll have to play around with that, I would think a single pass should work???

washnshine

Reaction score
Well, I got my 5-gallon container tonight of Kleen Rite's "All Systems Polymer Presoak". Damoni88 are you still using it? the dilution ratio says Low pressure 50-75:1 that's really putting it on there pretty heavy I'll have to play around with that, I would think a single pass should work???

View attachment 578
Let us know about this one. I am looking for an effective but non corrosive Presoak for my ss bays.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Let us know about this one. I am looking for an effective but non corrosive Presoak for my ss bays.
I am using a pink tip. Play qith it a little took me a bit to get to the rigjt dilution. Still using it and customers have asked me what i have done differently.

Damoni88

Reaction score

View attachment 578
Yep love this stuff. Plya around with tip soze im almost 100% im using a pink tip on mine. I have the razor 3

DiamondWash

Reaction score
What's Lph shiner? from what I was told when ordering it is that no other chemicals are needed to go with this presoak before or after, I will defiantly try it as a single pass and report back.

Damoni88

Reaction score
What's Lph shiner? from what I was told when ordering it is that no other chemicals are needed to go with this presoak before or after, I will defiantly try it as a single pass and report back.
Its from national. You dont need to use it but i do as the polymer can act as a high and a low ph. On my $10,8 washes they get 2 passes of lp2 which i have the shiner on. Let me know your results.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I set it up on my Razor with a Lt. Blue tip and also went from speed 3 to 7 and it has excellent coverage with a single pass where before I was a 2-step, I'm still waiting for a white vehicle to come through to really get a better perspective on it's cleaning ability but it's too early to judge I just hope it does bug removal a lot better then my Blendco Bug Remover did.

washnshine

Reaction score
I set it up on my Razor with a Lt. Blue tip and also went from speed 3 to 7 and it has excellent coverage with a single pass where before I was a 2-step, I'm still waiting for a white vehicle to come through to really get a better perspective on it's cleaning ability but it's too early to judge I just hope it does bug removal a lot better then my Blendco Bug Remover did.
Are you double passing the fronts with chem and hp?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Yes, I am on my mid and low wash pkg, I just set up the Bug Assualt on my top wash to apply it then do the rest of the vehicle with it.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well, I'm still testing this presoak with some pretty impressive results especially when the HP comes on the water doesn't even stick to the vehicle. It does lack in the bug removal dept but overall it's getting the vehicles really clean, it does need a fragrance added to it such as spearmint or lemon. I'm applying it in a double pass back to back and I'm able to speed my system up from 5 to 8 with excellent coverage.