What's new

Polymer Presoaks

Etowah

water guy

Reaction score
Has anyone used Polymer Presoaks? And what the Advantages are?

washnshine

Reaction score
Don’t know anything about them myself, but I know a guy who uses a polymer presoak for touchless made by Synergy and he swears by their presoaks. They make all polymer solutions. I don’t use them or sell them just for the record.

https://www.synergysolutions1.com

soapy

Reaction score
It looks like the main cleaning ingredient is sodium Hydroxide, the same thing found in most presoaks. What is the dilution ratio?

Damoni88

Reaction score
Bought a 5 gallon from KR and absolutely love it. Using it im automatic and you can tell the difference it makes. Seems to break down road grime really well.

Etowah

carwashireland

Reaction score
I assume you titrate it the same as a normal presoak? What advantages does it give..Better cleaning? eyebrow removal?

Damoni88

Reaction score
I have it set with a pink tip right now and it is putting alot of chemical out. I have it on the first pass right now and it really seems to break the grime down alot better than other pre soaks we have used. It works so well i ordered a 55gal of it. Try it out like i said i highly recommend it and told kr it was the best pre soak we have used.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Very interested in this. But I have preppers in front of my touchless 6 days/week, so a powder can make 55 gal for $150 right now. Simply can't beat that price. Even if Inused half as much, which I won't, I'd save $50 every month + $50 shipping so =$1000/yr savings.
But if I was an unattended Touchless w/ competition, I'd be all over this!

Damoni88

Reaction score
I totally understand where yor coming from. I just want fellow car wash owners to know my opinion about it and i find that the polymer first pass with low ph shiner on second pass is working great.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It looks like the main cleaning ingredient is sodium Hydroxide, the same thing found in most presoaks. What is the dilution ratio?
Specialty Equipment used to have LYE based soap. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_hydroxide

We had a bad experience where some guy kept going over & over his vehicle. He had just had some kind of special $100 sealant put on by a local Detailer. The sodium hydroxide supposedly is what caused that sealant to come off. Some forum members are also detailers ... any thoughts? The local detailer at the time seemed to think it was our fault.

OurTown

Reaction score
I have it set with a pink tip right now and it is putting alot of chemical out.
That seems pretty crazy.

OurTown

Reaction score
I didn't realize that a polymer presoak was anything special since about half of JBS's are polymer based.

Randy

Reaction score
If you read the MSDS sheet of the All Systems Polymer Presoak from KR it’s got some pretty nasty ingredients in it. No HF in it, but it has everything else. I’ve been using the KR Super Wash #KRWW50 with good results.