What's new

Polymer Presoaks

water guy

Reaction score
I haven't found anyone in the Houston Area that carries the polymer presoak.

Overachiever

Reaction score
@razor folks - Are you adding fragrance directly to the chemical or applying it some other way?

Etowah

Overachiever

Reaction score
I just got my pail of this stuff delivered this morning. Was hoping it would be a magical cure to my road film issue, but no luck so far. Any advice? Coverage is good. I'll continue to play around with it a little more.

Currently I have it on a light blue tip, speed 70. 15 second dwell time. I was doing a two step before and switched it over to only put this on. At the moment it seems to be doing about as good of a job as my other chemicals were, and definitely will decrease my cost per car. Also doesn't fill your car with bad smells like some of those unscented presoaks do.

GreggK

Reaction score
I just got my pail of this stuff delivered this morning. Was hoping it would be a magical cure to my road film issue, but no luck so far. Any advice? Coverage is good. I'll continue to play around with it a little more.

Currently I have it on a light blue tip, speed 70. 15 second dwell time. I was doing a two step before and switched it over to only put this on. At the moment it seems to be doing about as good of a job as my other chemicals were, and definitely will decrease my cost per car. Also doesn't fill your car with bad smells like some of those unscented presoaks do.
Light blue tip with what injector… What is your dilution rate? A good start is 64 to 1

Overachiever

Reaction score
It's the blue 0.86gpm Chem-Flex injector. I think that means I'm at 66 to 1. I'll bring it down a tip when I get over there and give it another try.

Damoni88

Reaction score
I have my speed on five. Its not gonna completely clean the road grime off. Not even an express does that. Heavy road grime comes off great with a towel after wash. The thing i notice most with using this chemicals is when a white car comes in and is black with ALOT of road grime it eats at it where as others didnt. Definitely worth it in my opinion and will continue to use until something better comes out.

Lilwarrenb

Reaction score
Anyone using the Lo and Hi ph passes with these all systems polymers, might even see better results than 2 highs?

MGSMN

Reaction score
Are you guys still using polymer presoaks? Good/Bad Experiences?

Damoni88

Reaction score
Yes great experience. Took a while to get right adjustment but works great. I don't get many complaints unless car is extremely dirty and I try to let them know before hand to use bay 1st.

Lilwarrenb

Reaction score
I tried the All Systems presoaks in IBA and it did nothing at all. Sent vehicle through 5 times and couldn't tell it washed anything at all. It was a dirty car that hadn't been washed in a long time and had road film on it but changed back to other soap and after 2 trips the film was almost completely gone and shine was back. Needless to say still have 20 gallons of worthless soap sitting there. I wanted to try it to save some money but ended up just wasting money in the end. I would never buy it again.

Overachiever

Reaction score
I'm still using it but since I have so little experience with other presoaks I have a hard time giving a credible review.

It's working better and is cheaper than what I had before (some sort of turtlewax presoak Low/High). I've never had a complaint about it not doing anything at all like @Lilwarrenb suggested and I can physically see the dirt running off white cars. Only complaints I've had are it's not scented and xyz car washes soap smells better. I've definitely noticed it not taking off road film though on my truck. My sales are way up this year so doesn't seem to be hurting me in anyway.

I don't have hot water so I like that it sells itself as something that'll perform without it (assuming it's true, haha). I run it a tip bigger than @Damoni88 mentioned he uses.