What's new

New CryptoPay WorldPay fee

Rainway

Reaction score
FYI for those with CryptoPay and therefore stuck with Worldpay processor they started assessing a new monthly $10 chargeback fee to all customers. I called to complain to Worldpay thinking it was because I had refunded a customer and navigating through a a couple ESL folks that were hard to even understand and getting a call back learned everyone is getting equally screwed on a monthly basis.

1F9FE184-751D-4D6F-BE34-AD3941AF572E.jpeg

sparkey

Reaction score
Is that a because its a magnetic strip reader?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
A while back I had something like this and was told I could remove it or py each time there was chargeback. I had it removed. I will have to check the latest statement.

slash007

Reaction score
I had mine removed and they will just charge me each time I have a chargeback, or nothing if I don't.

Rainway

Reaction score
I had mine removed and they will just charge me each time I have a chargeback, or nothing if I don't.
I went through CryptoPay and they worked with WorldPay/IQ to have mine removed as well. Thank you.

Still have a bad taste about these guys - plus I'm paying close to 9% all in for fees and interchange combined with my volume of swipes. I certainly wouldn't switch my kiosks over to CryptoPay.

slash007

Reaction score
They just added it back for some reason . I gave up after 30 minutes waiting on the phone, will call back next week. I'm only paying around 4.5% all in for my Cryptopay accounts, only have them in SS bays and Vacs.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm paying close to 9% all in for fees and interchange combined with my volume of swipes.
Too bad you can't give Hamilton a try. It would make you feel a lot better about what you're paying.

Burky

Reaction score
I am also paying this 9% fee. This is quite high for the credit card industry. Any advise from those near 4% on how to achieve this rate? Do they lower your rate if you prove PCI compliance?

Rainway

Reaction score
They just added it back for some reason . I gave up after 30 minutes waiting on the phone, will call back next week. I'm only paying around 4.5% all in for my Cryptopay accounts, only have them in SS bays and Vacs.
It was frustrating dealing directly with WorldPay. Person I talked to barely spoke English and had no knowledge.

The CryptoPay contact was good to deal with though.

Rainway

Reaction score
Too bad you can't give Hamilton a try. It would make you feel a lot better about what you're paying.
Not following you - give Hamilton a try for what, vacuums? If they have a credit card option for that I wasn’t aware.

For our Goldline cashiers @ kiosks we use e-Xact and our local bank as the processor. For that we pay ‘reasonable’ (market) fees.

I only have CryptoPay (WorldPay) for my vacuums. I like the service just not the price gouging exorbitant fees.

STXCW

Reaction score
We disconnected our last Hamilton DAN last week and converted that site to CryptoPay. Our fees were 2x higher with Hamilton not to mention the cost of replacing components.

Rainway

Reaction score
So another Worldpay bad taste experience - apparently instead of the $10 monthly chargeback service fee they dropped I'm being charged
a $199 annual fee. Great deal for them. I love CryptoPay but hate the IQ / Worldpay processor.

Worldpay $199 annual fee.jpg

mac

Reaction score
Any refunds I do I just give the Cust cash and nothing else.

Rainway

Reaction score
Any refunds I do I just give the Cust cash and nothing else.
I only have CryptoPay on my vacuums not kiosk. It's uncommon to have a problem with a vacuum. I don't give cash refunds for things purchased on credit - always been happy coming back when manager on duty to get car wash gift card or an unlimited free vacuum/shampoo/carpet clean/fragrance spray.

HeyVern

Reaction score
If you're refunding cash for a credit card charge, you're costing yourself even more money. You're still paying the processing fees on the charge.

slash007

Reaction score
So another Worldpay bad taste experience - apparently instead of the $10 monthly chargeback service fee they dropped I'm being charged
a $199 annual fee. Great deal for them. I love CryptoPay but hate the IQ / Worldpay processor.

View attachment 5519
That annual fee is not for chargebacks. They charge that to all accounts, but it's not supposed to be charged to Cryptopay merchants. Call and have them credit it and fix your account so it's not charged again. Make sure you are getting the Cryptopay rate on everything. I'm about 4.5% all in now, was around 7% with First Data. I have Worldpay for my IBA and have to pay that stupid $199 annual fee along with a $14.95 monthly bull crap fee that they keep raising and I keep fighting.