What's new

New CryptoPay WorldPay fee

Rainway

Reaction score
FYI for those with CryptoPay and therefore stuck with Worldpay processor they started assessing a new monthly $10 chargeback fee to all customers. I called to complain to Worldpay thinking it was because I had refunded a customer and navigating through a a couple ESL folks that were hard to even understand and getting a call back learned everyone is getting equally screwed on a monthly basis.

1F9FE184-751D-4D6F-BE34-AD3941AF572E.jpeg

sparkey

Reaction score
Is that a because its a magnetic strip reader?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
A while back I had something like this and was told I could remove it or py each time there was chargeback. I had it removed. I will have to check the latest statement.

slash007

Reaction score
I had mine removed and they will just charge me each time I have a chargeback, or nothing if I don't.

Rainway

Reaction score
I had mine removed and they will just charge me each time I have a chargeback, or nothing if I don't.
I went through CryptoPay and they worked with WorldPay/IQ to have mine removed as well. Thank you.

Still have a bad taste about these guys - plus I'm paying close to 9% all in for fees and interchange combined with my volume of swipes. I certainly wouldn't switch my kiosks over to CryptoPay.

slash007

Reaction score
They just added it back for some reason . I gave up after 30 minutes waiting on the phone, will call back next week. I'm only paying around 4.5% all in for my Cryptopay accounts, only have them in SS bays and Vacs.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm paying close to 9% all in for fees and interchange combined with my volume of swipes.
Too bad you can't give Hamilton a try. It would make you feel a lot better about what you're paying.

Burky

Reaction score
I am also paying this 9% fee. This is quite high for the credit card industry. Any advise from those near 4% on how to achieve this rate? Do they lower your rate if you prove PCI compliance?

Rainway

Reaction score
They just added it back for some reason . I gave up after 30 minutes waiting on the phone, will call back next week. I'm only paying around 4.5% all in for my Cryptopay accounts, only have them in SS bays and Vacs.
It was frustrating dealing directly with WorldPay. Person I talked to barely spoke English and had no knowledge.

The CryptoPay contact was good to deal with though.

Rainway

Reaction score
Too bad you can't give Hamilton a try. It would make you feel a lot better about what you're paying.
Not following you - give Hamilton a try for what, vacuums? If they have a credit card option for that I wasn’t aware.

For our Goldline cashiers @ kiosks we use e-Xact and our local bank as the processor. For that we pay ‘reasonable’ (market) fees.

I only have CryptoPay (WorldPay) for my vacuums. I like the service just not the price gouging exorbitant fees.