What's new

LW4000 didn't measure a corvette

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
The machine should measure both sides of the car. The ultrasonics need to be calibrated, and the width measurement will be set on the VT. Make sure that the abort zone is set properly on the VT, and that all inputs, ( left limit, right limit,....) are being received properly, as any error with any of these will cause the unit to default to a wider pass.

Another thing to check is going to be tire pressure, roller wear, and roller spacer wear. Any problems with any of these items will cause errors in measurements, or trolley drift.

The photo eyes in the Tbars should be at 9" and 39"

ROBERT WALKER

Reaction score
The front t-bar eyes tell the bridge where to stop. If the arch cleared the car on everything except SFR, I would the suspect that the Corvette drifted forward.

HCW

Reaction score
New tires, rollers, prox, eyes. Corvette didn't move, washed it 3 times back to back and same problem. I'll call PDQ and see if they can walk me through it. I truly appreciate all the input on this.

Last edited:

HCW

Reaction score
It impacted my truck today! So it's not only a corvette issue. It's driving me crazy and costing us customers. Why on earth it is impacting vehicles on spotfree only? Washed my truck 3 times, first 2 washes I picked the top wash, and it impacted the front fender when it started the spotfree rinse on both times, the wand moved out of the way and the wash was in out of service status, so I tried the basic wash ( presoak, hp rinse, spotfree.) and this time it impacted the front fender and kept going over the hood from passenger side to driver side! The safety didn't work. I am afraid to call PDQ since I don't know squat about this machine. Called the pdq dealer that installed it and was told they don't have time to look at it. What should I do?

MDrost1

Reaction score
On the LW cpu screen are you gettin fault messages? 100#1#. You'll definitely have an impact error. Is there a front eye failure? Front limit failure? Rear eye failure?

getnbusy

Reaction score
Yes, we had them add the VT during the overhaul.

You also stated that you have a 5" stripe down the middle. I would think they owe you a follow up to set up the VT correctly. Im sure you spent 10k plus. I would not accept "we dont have time"

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
HCW, it is my understanding that there is a tech on the way right now? He actually should be at your site already? Is this not the case?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this has got to be something very simple. it is a bad electrical / mechanical part. cable, prox switch, ultrasonic sensor, cable end, chiclet relay.

if tech support is bad or non-existent, you would benefit yourself a great deal by learning some basic LW 4000 troubleshooting skills as well as by keeping a repairs / maintenance log for this machinery and electronics.

Etowah

HCW

Reaction score
They replaced one proximity switch that was too close to rail and may got some damage. Ran my truck several times with no issues. No customer due to bad weather but suppose to clear up Saturday. Will see how it goes.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
I would assume it was the front limit. The only thing that can cause the machine to turn early, is an input from the front eyes, or from the front limit.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They replaced one proximity switch that was too close to rail and may got some damage. Ran my truck several times with no issues. No customer due to bad weather but suppose to clear up Saturday. Will see how it goes.
when i perform repairs, 3 washes in a row without error= fixed

HCW

Reaction score
Whitescout I think you are correct. I guess the front prox was touching the rail or something to that nature. They replaced it then they turned up the amplifier on the Tbar sensors. Been raining all day and no cars washing, hopefully it'll clear up so we can start washing cars again.

HCW

Reaction score
Not fixed. It impacted a White Chevy truck just like it did mine on the passenger side on the spotfree rinse. I mentioned white since my truck is white as well(I doubt it's related but just in case). I'll call PDQ installer tomorrow

Last edited:

HCW

Reaction score
HCW
What about the VT and the 5" stripe ??
They calibrated the VT. Haven't been busy due to weather, today was a nice day but after washing 20 vehicles it impacted a truck and I had to close it.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Weird that its only on spot free. I cant explain that. I would try moving the home flag more towards the exit end. Gotta try something. It prolly be a good idea to have 2 techs there at the same time to go back over all the wiring. It is a new install, with added feature (vt), And Your posts indicate multiple problems. The vt issue should be straightforward. However, There is more to making the vt run right than calibrating the ultrasonics. There are many parameters that must be set up correctly. I had this problem also but ultimately PDQ and my pdq diatributor got it goin. The premature apot free turn,......idk. Hang in there

I am wondering , were you able to wash any cars with this machine prior to removal from old site ??