What's new

LW4000 didn't measure a corvette

getnbusy

Reaction score
I have some info that may help you concerning the vt and stripe. Call me today. If i miss you i'll call you right back.
Bob
252-432-6560

pgrzes

Reaction score
I had a problem like that and it was a wire in the carriage box. Mine was always on the drivers front corner turn. We went nuts trying to figure it out. I opened all the boxes and started to shake and pull all the wires until I could find slight prox triggers. These troubles are the worst. Your carriage gearbox return trip sounds like mine used to. I had a worn out keyway solved the noise. Good luck on fixing, I would tend to think somewhere in the limit proxs are main controls for when and where carriage movements are controlled. Oh yeah I always put a spot of dielectric grease on all connections inside the bay, all prox plugs and connections inside the jo boxes in the bay!!! Have had less issues since I began doing this.

Last edited:

boywonder

Reaction score
How far after the mid limit flag does it stop? Also your going to wide on your width. The arch should stop at the corner of the vehicle. That would help on the striping.

HCW

Reaction score
Today, the mid prox was replaced and bearing, and rollers tightened. Washed 12 cars and no problem, got home and of course TWO irate customers call me�� The one washing complaining that the LW4000 impacted his truck, the other one waiting to wash lost his money when the IBA went out of service after he paid!

It's impacting vehicles in the same freeking spot! Called and left a message with installer, hopefully they'll get this figured out.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I'm just throwing this out there but I noticed in the video the arm pressed up against the T-Bar when it comes on the passenger side I don't know if the vibration from the arm would have anything to do with what's going on with the photoeyes I'm probably wrong but like I said just throwing it out there.

MDrost1

Reaction score
HCW, I, and I am sure many others, feel your pain.
As I mentioned earlier, you should be getting some type of fault on the J0 screen, Obviously, you'll be getting the "Impact Error". Are you getting any others? I would assume; perhaps you could ask your tech; that you are getting a "front eye fault". If your mid limit switch and wiring are truly working, I'd say it is the front tbar eye.
I have been told by many that these intermittent errors, though they are tough to diagnose, usually are wiring issues. Maybe you could run one of the spare wires from the J0 all of the way to the front eye amp? Test the amp by swapping with a know good amp. Actually swapping the the front amp for the rear amp, will let you know if the issue is the amp. You'll start having the issue on the rear side of the vehicle. If the amp is good, replace the front eyes(don't splice). New eyes(must match the brand of the amp) straight to the amp base. Make sure all of the wires in the base are tight and not corroded. If you have another amp base, swap it out when you swap the amp. You might have Carlo Gavazzi amps, so you'll need Gavazzi eyes.

Also, the fact that you were having issues with a corvette(low profile) initially, leads me to thing you have a front eye, front eye wiring, or amp issue.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:

boywonder

Reaction score
As MDrost1 says what is the J0 and/or print out of any faults. If it is believed to be a photo eye, block off the drivers side front photo eye on the Tbar with Duct tape. That will then result in a front eye fail, basically locking out the front eyes. The machine will still work but will not measure the front and send it all the way to the front limit. If the impact condition still happens, it is not the photo eyes and you need to look else where most likely wiring with the front limit signal. You could also swap your amps from front to back. Since you recently installed this, was the machine completely refurbished?

HCW

Reaction score
Earlier this week, they replaced one of the input cards (the other one was replaced during the install), switched out amplifiers as mentioned earlier in this thread, few cars washed this week due to bad weather and no problem. Today, Saturday nice and sunny, received a call @ 8AM that the wash isn't working, made it to the wash and this is what I found. Customer paid and before they enter the bay the wash goes out of service due to impact. I reset the machine and try my truck withouT any problems, next customer pays and select a wash and immediately the wash goes out of service ( MODE-WAIT FOR CAR, STATE-IDLE, CYCLE-0, REASON-IMPACT SW HIT). This time, soon as I reset it it'll go out of service within 5 seconds. Contacted installer and left a message then, with the help of getnbusy I checked the safety prox/puck to see if it's stuck but they weren't. Shut the power off to LW4000 for 5 mins and start back up ran two cars then it did it again( out of service due to impact immediately after selecting a wash) After couple of hours I reset it again and it did reset, ran my truck without any problems so I ran it again and it impacted the front right on spotfree as usual. Tech called and will be here tomorrow. Wonderful feeling when you see customers leaving when they see the cone!

Last edited:

MDrost1

Reaction score
Man, this tough! Sorry for your issues. It looks like your bridge is passing the mid limit when it freaks out. Do you get front eye faults? It looks like the bridge thinks it is home when it impacts. I still think it is the front eyes or something related wiring, amp, eyes or amp base.

HCW

Reaction score
Man, this tough! Sorry for your issues. It looks like your bridge is passing the mid limit when it freaks out. Do you get front eye faults? It looks like the bridge thinks it is home when it impacts. I still think it is the front eyes or something related wiring, amp, eyes or amp base.[/QUOTE

I am getting SW impact and wheel well!?

MDrost1

Reaction score
Faulty wheel well proximity switch. Mechanical problem with wheel well switch.

This is what the manual says...

HCW

Reaction score
Faulty wheel well proximity switch. Mechanical problem with wheel well switch.

This is what the manual says...
This is the code that is being displayed on JO. If I try to reset it'll pop right back up.

MDrost1

Reaction score
Backup switch fail is what I think. Since you don't have a x31(regular treadle) x47 is your backup switch. Issue might be with the foremost vt eyes. Not the stop(first set in the metal box, but toward the exit).

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
The wheel well switch is the stop switch. On a unit with a treadle, it would be the stop pad/prox switch is sending an input. With VT, the stop eyes on the wall are not seeing each other. in both of these cases, the controller believes that there is a car in the bay. You either have a problem with the banner eyes, the wiring going to the JO box, or wiring from or to the VT card/input card,or the VT card itself.

If I am understanding the other issue, you are getting impact switch issues randomly. There are two items that can cause this error code. It comes from either the impact switch, or the reed switch on the drivers side Tbar mounting bracket. As far as the impact switch, I would not just check to see if the cam is stuck, I would check the integrity of the prox switch and cable. as a temporary test only, you could bypass the reed switch, to see if it is the cause of the impact switch error. Keep in mind this should only be a temporary test, as if the Tbar bracket breaks during an impact, it will cause a lot of damage to the machine.