What's new

Low Pressure Application Issues

KamTheHam

Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently looking for some advice as it comes to making sure the LP applicatitentons in a 8 bay are consis and apply fast. Currently we have presoak, tire degreaser, bug off, and triple foam running through the hoses. The presoak and tire degreaser work well in most bays but the bug off and triple foam are terrible. My triple foam comes out in a single stream and has lots of air pockets, while the bug off is more of a splash of water separated by large air pockets. Currently have 6040 nozzles in the guns currently and can get PSI's and equipment information if needed for help!

washnshine

Reaction score
Triple foam should be dispensed through a foam gun to really achieve the desired result.
If the presoak and tire cleaner look good, you should be able to adjust your bug off to a similar appearance. Check the amount of chemical and air psi you have feeding your presoak and tire cleaner and compare that to your bug remover. I’m not saying they should be diluted the same , they are different products, but appearance is determined by your air psi and chemical mixture. Sounds like you might have one or both misadjusted in your bug remover.

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
So depending what you use triple foam can be challenging. The "conditioners" are easy since they are usually just colored soap that may be neutral or low ph. Just like in most tire cleaners and presoaks, surfactants used in conditioners are very foamy. Waxes/protectants are cationic and those surfactants just as a rule don't foam as well. The product I'm using now just doesn't foam as well as I like but it a great performer and has caught on over the past year leaving a nice shine and slick feel on the car. Also running 3/8" chemical lines to the bay helped. As far as bug ,I'd check for ratios to ensure proper strength, spitting and sputtering could be a weak product. Also check water hardness. Once you know your products are strong enough play with the air/chemical ratio.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Adding to Greg Pack's excellent advice...

With all products being dispensed through a foam gun…

Ensure your chemical blender (Hydrominder?) is functioning properly.
Clean or replace the metering tip…make sure the Hydrominder discharge tube restrictor is in place.
Sputtering products might need to be mixed richer.
Fully open all metering valves
Set product pump pressures to 50 psi
Set air-assist pressures to 30 psi. Adjust by 2 psi until desired foam consistency is achieved. I find a typical air-assist differential to be about 10 psi…so, max air is 40psi.
Change spray nozzles to 4040
Foamers aren’t really necessary but, I find they “smooth” the product delivery.
IMG_1054_LI2.jpg IMG_1055.jpg Foamer.jpg

KamTheHam

Reaction score
Thank you guys very much, I'm going home for break but when I get back I'll make sure to take a look at my hydrominders!