What's new

Looking for a Mobile App for Self Serve and IBA

Etowah

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
When I was researching a mobile payment app for my 5-bay, 5-vacuum SS wash in 2022, I called Beacon, PayRange, Touch4Wash, Washcard. You can search this Forum by my name and read more details, or send me a PM. Here's a quick summary... I ended up going with Coinless and have been quite happy.

• Beacon's monthly membership fees are $399 / month. The salesman asked if I had an IBA, then admitted their services are probably not a good fit for my SS wash. He recommended Coinless.
  • PayRange is used at many laundromats. I scheduled a 20-minute meeting with a salesman. He talked very fast answering my questions as I quickly typed. Their devices are $29.95 each + $20 harness. Processing fees are 3.49% per transaction + 1 cent per transaction. They use bluetooth, not wifi. He said the app doesn't capture customers email or phone numbers, so not sure how you could contact a customer if there was a question or problem at your wash. You cannot start the equipment remotely (only if in bluetooth range). After 30 minutes, he admitted that I asked a lot of good questions, but said that I "had exceeded my 20 minute allottment and would have to reschedule another meeting". When I asked for referrals, he said they're confidential, but offer a 60-day money back guarantee. I was disappointed about their sales approach. If it's difficult to reach a salesman with questions, how would it be trying to reach technical support with problems??
  • Touch4Wash devices are $500 each, and can handle up to 4 functions. Processing fees are 3.5% + 20 cents per transaction. Service fees are $65 / month + 5 cents a transaction. Customers don't need to download the app to use the services. They can use their old phone, not a smart phone. Though customers need a good connection to the network.
  • WashCard is expensive. Devices are $395 each (access points). You need 1 for each bay, vacuum. Onboarding is additional $29.95 per site. Uwash App is 10% per transaction. Processing fees are 3% + 30 cents per transaction.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
When I was researching a mobile payment app for my 5-bay, 5-vacuum SS wash in 2022, I called Beacon, PayRange, Touch4Wash, Washcard. You can search this Forum by my name and read more details, or send me a PM. Here's a quick summary... I ended up going with Coinless and have been quite happy.

• Beacon's monthly membership fees are $399 / month. The salesman asked if I had an IBA, then admitted their services are probably not a good fit for my SS wash. He recommended Coinless.
  • PayRange is used at many laundromats. I scheduled a 20-minute meeting with a salesman. He talked very fast answering my questions as I quickly typed. Their devices are $29.95 each + $20 harness. Processing fees are 3.49% per transaction + 1 cent per transaction. They use bluetooth, not wifi. He said the app doesn't capture customers email or phone numbers, so not sure how you could contact a customer if there was a question or problem at your wash. You cannot start the equipment remotely (only if in bluetooth range). After 30 minutes, he admitted that I asked a lot of good questions, but said that I "had exceeded my 20 minute allottment and would have to reschedule another meeting". When I asked for referrals, he said they're confidential, but offer a 60-day money back guarantee. I was disappointed about their sales approach. If it's difficult to reach a salesman with questions, how would it be trying to reach technical support with problems??
  • Touch4Wash devices are $500 each, and can handle up to 4 functions. Processing fees are 3.5% + 20 cents per transaction. Service fees are $65 / month + 5 cents a transaction. Customers don't need to download the app to use the services. They can use their old phone, not a smart phone. Though customers need a good connection to the network.
  • WashCard is expensive. Devices are $395 each (access points). You need 1 for each bay, vacuum. Onboarding is additional $29.95 per site. Uwash App is 10% per transaction. Processing fees are 3% + 30 cents per transaction.

I might have to revisit Touch4Wash. I didn't realize that the customers can activate the wash without the app.

I've been a WashCard customer for YEARS. GREAT COMPANY and the service and equipment is TOP NOTCH. With that said, you are going to pay DEARLY in terms of equipment costs and fees. I believe you're looking at an almost 10% all in fee when customers are using the app and tap to pay

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I might have to revisit Touch4Wash. I didn't realize that the customers can activate the wash without the app.
One of the reasons I went with coinless is wireless hookup and operation. The wireless relays on the vacuums work as long as you mount them under the dome. I tried mounting one inside the cabinet and it wouldn't connect.They appear to be using inexpensive off the shelf components that you can buy of Amazon for $30(wireless relays). But they've obviously developed the back end structure to control them and store the data. Hard wiring the vacuums would require 5-10K in conduit work and I'm not willing to implement that unless the system gains full steam.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
One of the reasons I went with coinless is wireless hookup and operation. The wireless relays on the vacuums work as long as you mount them under the dome. I tried mounting one inside the cabinet and it wouldn't connect.They appear to be using inexpensive off the shelf components that you can buy of Amazon for $30(wireless relays). But they've obviously developed the back end structure to control them and store the data. Hard wiring the vacuums would require 5-10K in conduit work and I'm not willing to implement that unless the system gains full steam.
Sounds nice. Too bad they've gone awol on new customers.