What's new

KR- Excessive Shipping Charges

wyatt

Reaction score
I have a new company to add to the list of excessive shipping...

American Changer/Hoffman Mint. Ordered tokens and they charged $174 in shipping. They sent two boxes, I weighed them both and they were each 36 pounds. That would have easily fit in a flat rate box and should have run me 30-50 bucks total.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Ill start by saying that I am very very lucky I am located here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and Kleen Rite has a warehouse 15 mins from me.

Having said that, I placed an order for a cold water rinse solenoid repair kit for my GC vales and they told me they HAD to ship them direct to me vs. putting them on a transfer truck like I usually do to their warehouse down here and I just go pick them up. KR part# GCK200 ordered 2 came via USPS mail...shipping from PA to Texas $3.93. Based on all the comments on this thread I was expecting the worse but maybe they are listening to us and all the complaints???

MEP001

Reaction score
Ill start by saying that I am very very lucky I am located here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and Kleen Rite has a warehouse 15 mins from me.

Having said that, I placed an order for a cold water rinse solenoid repair kit for my GC vales and they told me they HAD to ship them direct to me vs. putting them on a transfer truck like I usually do to their warehouse down here and I just go pick them up. KR part# GCK200 ordered 2 came via USPS mail...shipping from PA to Texas $3.93. Based on all the comments on this thread I was expecting the worse but maybe they are listening to us and all the complaints???
I've had a few orders come from Kleen-Rite that could easily have been mailed, but they shipped UPS instead. I'm sure a lot of it is the warehouse people not caring (They mostly hire temp agency workers) but I would think if you request it be mailed they'd probably do it.

Evidently they don't do transfer between their locations for free pickup like a lot of big retailers do.

OurTown

Reaction score
I've had a few orders come from Kleen-Rite that could easily have been mailed, but they shipped UPS instead. I'm sure a lot of it is the warehouse people not caring (They mostly hire temp agency workers) but I would think if you request it be mailed they'd probably do it.

Evidently they don't do transfer between their locations for free pickup like a lot of big retailers do.

I have noticed that some of their items are drop ship direct from manufacturer only.

OurTown

Reaction score
For us the smallest box shipped from the closest KR location (almost 500 miles away) via UPS is just under $15. We ordered some spray tips from them and requested they be shipped USPS and it came in at $4.25. We joined the Car Wash Super Store's club but the last three orders we made had to be done at KR because they just didn't have what we needed. I really like their customer service over KR though.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have noticed that some of their items are drop ship direct from manufacturer only.
Sometimes that's for speed, sometimes it's because the manufacturer refuses to ship anything to Kleen-Rite for them to sell because they mishandle them and return them for credit.