What's new

Kleen Rite Soaps

MEP001

Reaction score
UPS has gotten really bad in the last year or so. They'll leave me a smashed package and just walk off without a signature, and when I ask they say they don't need one anymore. Why would they remove that important accountability except to protect themselves? The driver can enter whatever they want on their pad. One driver has been asking to leave packages with a neighbor to save himself the extra stop. They are supposed to attempt delivery.

Roz

Reaction score
UPS service has declined for sure. They do not read or care about delivery notes even after the notes were pointed out to them. Some drivers do not think about where they are dropping the delivered pallets, dropping sometimes being the key word. At some point Amazon will take over the delivery business when customers see the better service level.

Randy

Reaction score
Whenever we order a pallet of supplies from KR we get an e-mail with the Pro # so we can track the shipment. Most of the time it’ll come by UPS freight. We always request a call before delivery, sometimes they call, sometimes they don’t call. We know when they are coming anyway by checking the Pro #. It’s pretty hard for them to give you a precise delivery time, they’ll call and say they’ll be here anytime between 1pm and 5pm, we’ve had them come as late as 7pm. We’d never have a delivery to where there is no one on site, because you never know when they are coming.

washallday

Reaction score
I am using correct powder and would like to add a booster to it to help make it stronger. Is anybody using a booster with there correct powder if so what is it and what results have you had?
I am using it on my 4000 with a brown tip and the titration came out at six and the soap guy said he likes to see the HI soap titration be between 15 and 20.

Randy

Reaction score
I am using correct powder and would like to add a booster to it to help make it stronger. Is anybody using a booster with there correct powder if so what is it and what results have you had?
I am using it on my 4000 with a brown tip and the titration came out at six and the soap guy said he likes to see the HI soap titration be between 15 and 20.
Correct is a pretty hot product. How is it cleaning? Instead of a booster have you tried going up to the next larger Tip size or two. We use Super Kleen powder #KRSK10 and it cleans very well. We use a Red tip for soap injected into .083 dual injector with a tan tip for foamer. It uses about .75 ounces per car of foamer. Absolutely paints the car white....very impressive!

washallday

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I am very happy I went to correct, What a money saver. In order to get the right titration I would have to increase the tip to much. We did talk about putting a booster on using a second injector but I was checking to see if there are any other solutions then that.
Even if I go with the second injector the cost for a 55 gal HI soap is around $130.00.

Randy I add my foamer to the 55 gal drum and mix it up and use only one tip. What type of foamer do u use? And how many 55 gal drums do you go through with 5 gal of foamer?

soapy

Reaction score
With the KR powders you should see a cost per car on a IBA below .40 cents with a double pass even with boosters. I was over $1 per car when I switched 10 years ago from other presoaks. I never get complaints about the cars not being clean. Correct works great through a single tip injector and I use a double tip injector with Super Kleen and a surfactant/booster mix.

water guy

Reaction score
With the KR powders you should see a cost per car on a IBA below .40 cents with a double pass even with boosters. I was over $1 per car when I switched 10 years ago from other presoaks. I never get complaints about the cars not being clean. Correct works great through a single tip injector and I use a double tip injector with Super Kleen and a surfactant/booster mix.

Reaction score
On my 4000 I mix the correct with the third of a 5 gallon pail of purple passion yellow tip.
Sometimes I don't use the purple passion and I use the simnz foam.
Titrate said about 18
Plenty of show uses about 10 oz
If it's top washer gets two passes second pass uses of blue tip at about 8 oz
You got to let it sit though mine's 15 seconds

washallday

Reaction score
On my 4000 I mix the correct with the third of a 5 gallon pail of purple passion yellow tip.
Sometimes I don't use the purple passion and I use the simnz foam.
Titrate said about 18
Plenty of show uses about 10 oz
If it's top washer gets two passes second pass uses of blue tip at about 8 oz
You got to let it sit though mine's 15 seconds

Do you add the purple passion to boost the strength of the mix or is it just for show? When using the purple passion does it turn the product color for a better show? Does it add a smell to the wash pass?

washallday

Reaction score

Soapy: What size tips are you using? What was the titrate? When you say Super Kleen and a surfactant/booster mix, What is the surfactant booster mix you use?

Reaction score
Do you add the purple passion to boost the strength of the mix or is it just for show? When using the purple passion does it turn the product color for a better show? Does it add a smell to the wash pass?
The correct smells pretty good by itslef its citrus,
I add the PP or SMNZ foam because the correct by itself has no show even wide open
I feel the the foam add is foamier but the pp smells nice and grape and has a bit of purple color ive tried the simnz booster with correct but its just another thing to plug in so just go a tip size larger from black and it should clean just about anything in my area. I used to use low/hi but its two barrels etc and the low ph would leave a chalky residue on the equipment. The secret sauce is a no brainer if your on site all the time to stir it but it holds pretty good.

If you dont have time for all that contact D.D.I. https://www.washddi.net/ AARON IS GREAT AND THE SOAPS ARE VERY GOOD he also knows a 4000 up and down and usually has some odd ball parts laying around tell em steve said hi

Car Wash Newbie

Reaction score
Trying to revive this post.
Has anyone else tried KR chemicals? I recently started using the lubricated body shampoo from the kleen-pak line for my friction washes with really good results at a really good price point (compared to my local distributors).
Now I'm about to use the LO/HI ph from the same Kleen-pak line for my touchfree and hoping for the same results but don't really know what to expect. Has anyone used these or heard anything good or bad about them?

soapy

Reaction score
I run my KR auto chemicals through flow meters. FOr the high PH powder through a 10 gph meter I run it a 8 and that gives me a 18 titration using the simoniz titration kit. FOr the surfactant I run it through a 5 gph flow meter at 2 to 3 depending on how much show I want. I buy the expwnsive KR surfactant that is labeled self serve presoak at about $100 per 5 gallons. It is very concentrated and I actually have to dilute it a little first.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Soapy,

Out of curiosity ... I wonder if anybody is using (for soap or wax). flowmeters within their self serve bays or if it could even possibly make any sense at all on the self serve side.

soapy

Reaction score
I have 2 of my original Ryko SS pump benches that use flow meters for soap and HP wax. I have been using the setup for over 25 years with very few problems. FLow meters are nice since you can change your product concentration just by turning a knob.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I have 2 of my original Ryko SS pump benches that use flow meters for soap and HP wax. I have been using the setup for over 25 years with very few problems. FLow meters are nice since you can change your product concentration just by turning a knob.
Any specific flow meters besides Soapy's Rykos that anybody can recommend for self serve?

We have the valve increase or decrease capability but now are just going by sometimes unreliable visual appearance of soap or wax usage from a possibly unreasonable customer. Some car surfaces for some mysterious reason seem to make it appear like less product is going on the vehicle.

Also, I am cautious about possibly putting in flow meters that could increase the chance of "air" being introduced into our gravity fed Cat 310s.