What's new

Kleen Rite Soaps

washallday

Reaction score
I started this asking who uses Kleen Rite soap and did not get much response so I guess not to many people use Kleen rite soap products or the people that use the product are not on this forum. I want to thank Waxman for taking the time to send the links. I plan on trying the Correct and might even use it on both passes to see how it works. Still working on what to use for drying agent and a wax or polish step.

chaz

Reaction score
YES! You did start this thread and ask about KR soaps. What you got were several comments from various operators on their experience including some with supplier recommendations...including me who switched (after many years of allegiance to my equipment supplier), to JBS products. I’m quite frankly not familiar with KR soaps, though some are made by JBS. What I’ve learned is that having a rep that is knowledgeable and preferably will come to your sight is huge! My JBS rep helped adjust my soaps for a clean car while not wasting soap. Cars at my wash are the cleanest they’ve we’ve been.

Sounds like you’ve made some decisions and still need to decide on drying agents. A good chemical rep will help with ALL That! Again...like I said I’m not familiar with KR soaps...perhaps they will come on location and help set things up.

washallday

Reaction score
Thanks Chaz for your imput. You are right over the 15 years I have been doing this I have found soap reps are very helpful. I have just lost my rep and soap provider so I decided this would be a good time to try KR soap. Thanks to waxman and others on this form on other threads I will try the correct and the lemon Glo. The cost of the Triple Foam Polish, PA5352 is more than what I wanted to allocate for my clear coat or what some call drying agent. SO if their is anyone out there using something different in the KR line for the wax or drying agent please add to this thread.

soapy

Reaction score
I use correct powder in one IBA and another combo of Kleenrite soaps in 4 other IBAs and have been very happy with them.

Etowah

washallday

Reaction score
Soapy, What KR soaps are you using?? Are you using any other KR products like Wax or Drying Agent, if so what??? Share your Knowledge.

washallday

Reaction score
WOW Just got my KR soap delivered, finally made my decisions with the help of others on this Thread. When I placed the order I talked about how it would be delivered because I have an unmanned site. KR guy said no problem we will put your name and phone # on order and tell the delivery people to call you a half hour before delivery. I said great, is it possible to ask for morning delivery because that is when I have a worker to help me, KR guy said no problem. BIG PROBLEM I am in the office at 3 PM and look at cameras and what do I see but a UPS truck in back. I call the hair salon lady that rents from me and she goes out to check and sure enough the UPS driver has already unloaded the pallet out back. I am lucky enough to talk to driver and he said there was no number or info to call me on his slip!!! The reason I tried getting soap from KR is because the KR people assured me they would call 30 min. before delivery so I could be there and have them drop it off at the right door not 80 feet away. The location the driver put it was in a blind spot of my cameras and it would have sat there over night in 32 deg weather not to mention the other smaller items could have been stolen. Over $2000.00 in items. My question is to everyone that gets product from KR is this normal???? I am rethinking getting soap from them if this is how they do business. Has this happen to anyone else and what have you done if it has.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not normal. UPS driver is probably at fault, most likely was just being lazy. It's possible Kleen-Rite neglected to put info on shipping form, and if they did they'll admit it and apologize. I've gotten many pallets from Kleen-Rite and delivery instructions have always been followed.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd complain to UPS not Kleen Rite.

All Kleen Rite can do is pass along your request to the shipper. They have no way to enforce your request.

Each UPS truck is sent from a 'local' distribution center. That is where you call. Don't give up on Kleen Rite!

chaz

Reaction score
I’ve never received UPS freight or even had it unloaded without the driver making sure there was someone to receive the shipment and perhaps if there was a dock area.

FYI....my chemical guy provides free inside delivery twice a month to my location. I do get a 30 minute call ahead, though I’ve actually provided an ER key to the driver. He puts the soap where I’d like and never had an issue.

washallday

Reaction score
Waxman tried to send you private message but it says you need to delete some in order for me to send it to you

soapy

Reaction score
I get a email notice telling what day it will be delivered and UPS will usually call me the day before to verify I will be available the next day. Then they always call me 1/2 hour before delivery.

washallday

Reaction score
I got a private message for KR Guy yesterday went in to reply to it and it was gone, Please send again. Thank you

Kevin James

Reaction score
Are frigging kidding me, why is it KR fault! When we order pallets of soap etc. from KR we get the “Pro” number, this is the freight lines tracking number. You can request a 30 minute delivery call, but that’s probably not going to happen. We do get a call telling us that we have a delivery coming 24 hours before they deliver. Normally they’ll tell us we have a delivery coming for you and the driver will be there between 10am and 3pm. We’ve had UPS Freight come as late as 6pm so we don’t have them deliver to the car wash, no one is there and we aren’t going to hangout and wait for them. We have them deliver to some place where someone is there all the time, like my house. Don’t ever rely on a freight company for anything because you’ll more than likely be disappointed. We’d never give a soap rep or anyone else for that matter a key and the security alarm code to any of our equipment rooms at any of our car washes.

chaz

Reaction score
I said my soap guy has a key ....not an alarm code....to my ER. I’ve got three cameras in my ER and get an alert whenever someone enters, and there’s really nothing to tempt the delivery guy. I Feel pretty confident he’s not gonna destroy the place. Obviously trust depends on your personal feel and where u r located.

washallday

Reaction score
Waxman, You said you use correct on your 4000's. What color tips do you use for your first pass and what color for your 2nd pass.

djlamp17

Reaction score
i had the same experience with KR in October...i requestd the same as you (heads up call) and they left a pallet outside.

Reaction score
On a 4000 with a 50foot run i use a yellow tip which is about 8 oz for me
on the top wash it gets it twice but second with a lt blue tip so about 12 oz on top wash with dble rear/frnt
black tip runs about 12oz and is a foam bath
on my hydro for presoak i use a white tip and it will clean rims
on my hydro for hp soap i think orange
which is roughly 20:1
i dont know why i keep trying other soaps
im lucky the dirt around hear doesnt really need a low ph i guess
you can run it on a white tip or blue and get most cars clean