What's new

Kleen Rite Soaps

Etowah

washallday

Reaction score
I am looking to try some new soaps and wax and drying agent for my touch free wash (4000 and G5). I was looking to try 1A - 1B or 2A - 2B. I am also in need of trying a polish (wax) and a drying agent (Clear coat). I also need Tri Foam for my G5. I am looking to try Kleen Rite because I am would like to find something NOT so expensive but still works. I am located in PA.
I would like to hear from other owners that are using or have used any of these products.

Eric H

Reaction score
take a look at the Kleen-rite KleenPak line. I was using the Sealer Wax in my SS bays but switched to Aqua-guard (or it might be called Aquapel) It looks great! I would probably try the full line in my Razor but I have a soap contract with my distributor. My distributors private label products work great but I could probably save a few bucks by switching.
I also like just about every product from JBS. Their storm presoak works great. Only drawback for me is that it must ship freight because it is HazMat, so that is an extra expense.
If you're in PA you should be able to pick up and save some $$, but you probably already know that.

Roz

Reaction score
I recently switched from KR soaps to JBS soaps. A search for Presoak in the KR search area yields several options from Action, to Storm, or Film Buster, all presoaks from JBS. Anyone have insights as to the differences (besides prices)? My initial try with JBS presoak is with the Film Buster, its pretty (yellow) in color but not convinced that it is strong enough after watching a customer use it on their van with a slight grime on the sides.

Roz

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with JBS Presoak chemicals?

OurTown

Reaction score
We are using Action presoak (AT-102) plus the booster (AT-150). It works really well and we do not see any windshield eyebrow. I think the Action line is one step down from their Compass line. The higher up the cost ladder you go the more concentrated it is and it should be less cost per car. I have a feeling that you might not be able to get JBS soaps from Kleen-Rite in the near future.

chaz

Reaction score
Really happy with JBS products. Much better clean and lower cost per vehicle as the rep actually came on sight to titrate the chemicals so, I’m using enough soap....but not too much. I really like the idea of the compass line...but with my pump set up I had to go with the traditional 30 and 55 gallon drums

washallday

Reaction score
ROZ What type of KR soap were u using. Why did you switch, was the KR soap not working?

OurTown

Reaction score
It would be interesting to hear what the presoak cost per car is when comparing them. I can't tell you what ours is because currently we share the tank with the self serve.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the Kleen Rite soaps for IBA's are made by JBS.

I use Simoniz Correct combined with Simoniz foam additive. This is my in bay auto pre soak. cars come out great; I find I can really dump the product on and still have it affordable. At a cost below $70 / 55 barrel, it's very economical. I can't remember the last time I got a 'not clean enough' complaint and we are staffed 7 days a week, so there's always an ear for customers to bend if they want to complain!

washallday

Reaction score
Waxman, I have a two step soap Hi/Lo Do you use only one pass or two and if so what is your other pass.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Waxman, I have a two step soap Hi/Lo Do you use only one pass or two and if so what is your other pass.
I use 2 passes of hi ph.;)

it works great for me. just watched a black camry go through and it looked buffed and waxed!

washallday

Reaction score
Waxman, Very interesting! What do you use for your drying agent and polish or Wax coat in your auto. This is for your touch-less, right.

D3Dubs

Reaction score
I think the Kleen Rite soaps for IBA's are made by JBS.

I use Simoniz Correct combined with Simoniz foam additive. This is my in bay auto pre soak. cars come out great; I find I can really dump the product on and still have it affordable. At a cost below $70 / 55 barrel, it's very economical. I can't remember the last time I got a 'not clean enough' complaint and we are staffed 7 days a week, so there's always an ear for customers to bend if they want to complain!
Waxman, are you saying you pay below $70 per 55 gallon barrel of presoak or $70 for the foam additive that gets added to the barrel? tx

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Waxman... Curious of your final dilution. Do you know the cost per gallon mixed in the bay? or the ratio? Or maybe how many cars you get out of a barrel?

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
Waxman is that your final dilution before going out on the vehicle or is the product diluted again?

Sincerely,
Ron

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Product draws from drum, into metering tip where it is diluted with water at the low pressure manifold then out to machine in bay.